• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

misogynist and hashtag, two words that should be tied up and thrown off a cliff.

#misogynist ( . )( . )hashtag

You forgot #destroy the patriarchy! The hypocrites need the male owned companies to publish their garbage like B**ch Planet

I like and respect both artists. I really like Robbi's passion about his work, it shows in his statements, even though I think he got a little carried away.

I say, as long as we keep it a civil conversation, we can only learn from this and the current state of the comic book industry

Rob Liefeld responds to Robbi Rodriguez

The thing I found most interesting about that article is that the image of the Campbell comic used for it is actually a scan that I posted in a sales thread here on the boards. Other parts of it may be of more interest to the rest of you.

That, J Scott, is capitalism. People will buy what people will buy. But tastes change and either you change with them or you appeal to a market increasingly reducing in prominence.

That is all

The whole thing with rodriguez slaming Cho and the the original creator of that particular posed image of Spider-woman is just ridiculous.....

i realize nowadays the comic companies want to get young kids,women, etc interested into this hobby because that means more sales for them. IMO this whole nonsense with these two artists that are making women look bad by making these characters sexy looking on a cover and even with the whole spin on wanting to change characters in movies to be more diverse is just going WAY TOO FAR..... I guess im an old school type guy, why can't they let these guys do what they want as long as it's not completely obscene, and leave comic characters that are a certain in the comics for the past 40 plus years the way they were for the past 40 years in a movie. obvisously modernized but stop with the politcal BS already it's just getting old.

back on topic of Spider-Gwen, i decided to take both my first print of the phantom variant and the gold second print to CGC yesterday while attending the Megacon and decided let me get them graded.