• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling on Amazon - Will Make An Offer feature open up new doors?

20 posts in this topic

I heard on the radio this morning someone talking about Amazon starting to allow buyers to Make An Offer on items. Do you think that this will open up new avenues to selling comics on Amazon?

I did a quick check for books on Amazon and there does appear to be a lot of books for sale on there with no pictures and VERY high prices. I've never heard of anyone making many sales on Amazon so I'm curious what people think about this new change?

I have looked a few times on Amazon. The picture thing always throws me off. If ten people are selling the same item all you seem to get is one generic picture they all share. That works great for toasters, not so much for comics.

I have looked a few times on Amazon. The picture thing always throws me off. If ten people are selling the same item all you seem to get is one generic picture they all share. That works great for toasters, not so much for comics.

But they say the book is NM - shouldn't we believe them?

Haha

I haven't bought a single comic from Amazon.

Like you said, there are plenty of books with no pictures. That was always the deciding factor. Allowing buyers to make an offer is great, but absolutely nothing will change unless there are pictures of the actual books IMO

But if you (as a seller) have good scans then wouldn't you rise to the top in terms of Amazon comic sellers. I know a ton of people that only do their shopping on Amazon so it definitely would open up a huge market. It may be a good way to clear out a ton of drek by offering up collectible packs on 25 books for $25 (or something similar).

I find most Amazon sellers don't package books or comics in an acceptable manner to prevent shipping damage. But sometimes it is the only place to find that out of print book or comic that no one else has. So the offer thing still doesn't make me want to go searching on Amazon. Only when I am desperate and it comes up as an option during a wide spread google search do I look on Amazon.

In fact I rarely purchase on Amazon (only shipped by Amazon) these days as the last few purchases spread out over a year have all have been packed rather poorly.

Like you said, there are plenty of books with no pictures. That was always the deciding factor. Allowing buyers to make an offer is great, but absolutely nothing will change unless there are pictures of the actual books IMO

But if you (as a seller) have good scans then wouldn't you rise to the top in terms of Amazon comic sellers. I know a ton of people that only do their shopping on Amazon so it definitely would open up a huge market. It may be a good way to clear out a ton of drek by offering up collectible packs on 25 books for $25 (or something similar).

But can you put your own pictures on Amazon?

I find most Amazon sellers don't package books or comics in an acceptable manner to prevent shipping damage. But sometimes it is the only place to find that out of print book or comic that no one else has. So the offer thing still doesn't make me want to go searching on Amazon. Only when I am desperate and it comes up as an option during a wide spread google search do I look on Amazon.

In fact I rarely purchase on Amazon (only shipped by Amazon) these days as the last few purchases spread out over a year have all have been packed rather poorly.

Yep. If you buy trades on Amazon, be prepared for blunted corners and other damage.

I did see a few people have pictures so I'm assuming you can import pictures.

I did see a few people have pictures so I'm assuming you can import pictures.

Do you have a link to an example? Every picture I see is just a generic one that all sellers use selling the same item.

Ebay is for collectors Amazon is for readers

Having said that, there are nightmarish listings on both platforms

But there is a new division in Amazon dedicated just for collectibles, so far mostly entertainment memorabilia, there is a small section for comic art, note that there still isnt a "comic book" category

I've sold three books on Amazon, with no issues. I've brought a bunch of TPBs and Omnis without issue. Bought a copy of Wrightsons Frankenstein for $8 shippped. It arrived today and its in real nice shape

Don't expect NM stuff and you won't be disappointed.