• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best snags of the year! Let's see your best pick-ups of 2014...

344 posts in this topic

This is nowhere near anything you guys have shown - but I was thrilled to get this.

PB070022_zps95504958.jpg

PB070023_zpsaac0a9b0.jpg

PB070024_zps5e72114b.jpg

First ever Felix The Cat 'comic' from 1924. I especially love the hand written note. I have often wondered who this couple were, and their story.

Definitely belongs on the thread! Wow, cartoon character history there!

These all came from the same collection that The Gator and I brought to market. I kept these and I am quite fond of them

adventurecomics40_zps4865ca0e.jpg

AdventureComics426_0_zps6c73e97e.jpg

AdventureComics477_0_zps72fb404e.jpg

AdventureComics518_0_zps67c74d8d.jpg

MoreFunComics548_5_zps4e92258f.jpg

Incredible books, Bill :applause:

you guys buy comics together?

Sometimes, yes.

When I was moving out to Scottsdale, Richard (Mr. Bedrock) mentioned that he recalled a collector lived out there that had a high grade run of More Fun Comics, including a couple of Mile High copies. It rang a bell with me from the past too. He asked that if I were to locate the books he wanted the two Mile Highs.

So, a few months after we moved out here, I managed to hook up with the collector. Months of negotiations ensued, and Rick (Gator) and I went in on the deal together.

True to my word, we made sure Richard got the two Mile High More Funs, and I kept the one above. I was pleasantly surprised that the collector had a nice run of Adventures as well. We bought the entire collection. Gator listed many of them for sale on the boards a month or two ago. I'm not sure if he kept any of the books for himself or not.

It was a very impressive collection to say the least. There were some SA Keys as well such as Showcase #4, Tales of Suspense #39 and Journey into Mystery #83

So that is the story on these books

Bill thats like the 5th copy of Adventure 40 i seen you show?

Please part with 1 Dont make me use the vulcan mind probe

I had three copies up until last month. Now I have but one

...but, oh, what a one..... (worship) GOD BLESS......

I just can't whittle it down to ONE...... so here's probably my five favorites for this year. You folks can tell ME which one was the best..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Scan0006.jpg

jou2326a.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe vulcan mind probe

Now this is all i have

<a  href=DonalDuckAtomBomb_zps2f2d91a0.jpg' alt='

This is nowhere near anything you guys have shown - but I was thrilled to get this.

PB070022_zps95504958.jpg

PB070023_zpsaac0a9b0.jpg

PB070024_zps5e72114b.jpg

First ever Felix The Cat 'comic' from 1924. I especially love the hand written note. I have often wondered who this couple were, and their story.

quite cool and unique piece. :) I think Felix the Cat, Mickey Mouse, Popeye, and Betty Boop were the few that preceded Superman.

Awesome books Jimbo! Tough choice, love them all, but that JIUW 22 is gorgeous. (thumbs u

...but, oh, what a one..... (worship) GOD BLESS......

I just can't whittle it down to ONE...... so here's probably my five favorites for this year. You folks can tell ME which one was the best..... GOD BLESS....

Scan0006.jpg

jou2326a.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

All right, go ahead and laugh, but this is my Grail pickup of the year...

2dh5iyh.jpg

and this is a close 2nd... :cloud9:

2i9s9zp.jpg

...no laughter here when it comes to Baker St John's :cloud9: GOD BLESS....