• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

So we have Kijiji and by my count it was on like 7 Facebook groups....

Does he have it on his eBay? Can't find him there lol

I guess the theory is that if you have enough lines in the water eventually you will catch a sucker?

I guess you can say it like that if you want but I post as in many places as I can so that I have the best chance at selling the asm 129

:popcorn:

Is the ASM #129 sold?

Nope its being pimped out on Kijiji

Whoa, I hope he's not setting his heart on selling that book for almost $600 over GPA average :screwy:

GPA is 867 USD (1144.44 CDN at a $1.32)...so only asking $255.56 over gpa average (kijiji is in Canada and we deal in loonies).

So it's not as bad as I thought, but it's still not awesome.

If it were me, I would dump that puppy ASAP and just hope to get close to most of my money back.

Yup still working on that part so if it doesn't sell soon I guess the other option would be to hold it

But there's a movie, and possibly a show coming.

OK, if it were me I wouldn't have bought an 8.0 thinking it was an 8.5, that being said...I would probably hold it for a while, but I can afford to do that. He's $1100 in the hole and was probably counting on this book to get him even.

That's why I say he should turn it over ASAP and get as much of his money back as he can. With his new budget of $11 per week it's going to take him time to get the rest of the way out of the hole, but at least he won't be digging himself in even more 2c

I was counting on selling the asm 129 to make a profit on and yeah the 11 a week is really terrible but I promised I'd do it.

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

Hmmm I thought if that as well but I don't think they took returns I'll double check

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

IF it were misrepresented (and admittedly I didn't check the listing) this would have been the first thing I did. Better to get your money back, even if you're out shipping, rather than have to sell this book at a loss.

So it was either Gabe's mistake and not on the seller, or Gabe still thought he could make bank by overpaying for the 8.0. Either way it is a bit ???

It's completely my mistake and their return policy is 14 days

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

Unfortunately that's correct ^

IF it were misrepresented (and admittedly I didn't check the listing) this would have been the first thing I did. Better to get your money back, even if you're out shipping, rather than have to sell this book at a loss.

So it was either Gabe's mistake and not on the seller, or Gabe still thought he could make bank by overpaying for the 8.0. Either way it is a bit ???

I think secretly (or not so secretly) he thinks there's some type of additional prestige or joy to him for owning a desirable key comic, and possibly some type of delusional rationale that he's a big shot who can (or should be able to) sell these big-shot comics at premiums. Like somehow he's put in all this 'work' into buying this comic, he's somehow entitled to a reward for doing so. Or the gambler who thinks he just needs one more big score to make everything all right. Add this to questionable math skills, no understanding of business concepts, admitted learning and emotional issues, generational poverty, unfavorable geography, other potentially 'questionable' political views which nobody is surprised by, and you've got a big ol' rubber-necking shaudenfraude recipe for the rest of us.

I do like owning big comics but I look to make money on them and if I can't I pass on it. My emotional side makes me do stupid and impulsive things that's why it's harder to control but the first step was admitting it and now I'm doing something about it. I don't think I'm entitled to anything with comics and yes I have lots of obstacles in my way.

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

You are correct. The book is still up on ICE under recent sales and it is correctly listed as ASM #129 CGC 8.0. There is even a nice scan of the book with the number clearly visible and zoom feature.

When you go to check out it also states what you are agreeing to buy so he must have just clicked away and not bother to really read or look over the invoice.

Gabe admitted to the error being his own as Logan stated.

I hope one day I'm doing as well as the OP so I can buy thousand dollar books by accident

I didn't buy it on accident I bought it to make money on, my accident was having too many tabs open and buying the 8.0 thinking it was a 8.5

When does the credit card used to purchase this book become due?

Good question, though I'm pretty sure he said he hadn't activated the card yet. He did have that $700 finders fee, so he probably had enough on top of that to at least buy the book.

No I didn't have it activated though before I had the asm 129 I did have that option but chose not to just in case something would go wrong. I did get the 700 finders fee and the rest of the money was from selling comics or video games I had.

Think about how much this wouldn't be a big deal if he had a full time job. Living with parents, pulling in 40 hour weeks with average $18-$20 hour job?

He'd be doing pretty alright

Yeah if that would be happening I would be alright

Think about how much this wouldn't be a big deal if he had a full time job. Living with parents, pulling in 40 hour weeks with average $18-$20 hour job?

On the living life side that would appear to be an upward trajectory from where he is now.

On the wheelin' & dealin' comics side I think if he had that much discretionary income the current $1100 hole would seem like a minor ripple to what it would most likely be right now.

The simple fact that everyone can see but the OP, stated plainly...he's just not very good at it.

That would be correct and I don't say I'm bad at dealing with comics because I know I can change that as my two biggest problems are my learning disability and my emotional side, my emotional side is easier to deal with so I'm going after that first which will help me in the long run from making impulse purchases and having enough discipline not to act upon them.

or he'd be dealing with 3-4 more $1K comics he 'accidentally' bought. If you think the OP's 'problems' are largely due to his lack of full-time employment, then I disagree strongly.

The lack of gainful employment is a symptom of his problems, not the source. And as Mase used to say "Mo' money, mo' problems", which isn't true for everyone, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't true here....

"Well I survived accidentally buying a $1K comic last month when I was making $1K per month. So I guess since I make $2K per month now then I can invest in a $2K comic! Because that's the laws of math! Of which I'm an expert!"

I would never say that as I know what most of my limitations are. My lack of gainful employment is one of the symptoms of this but I say the bigger part of this is my emotional side which I'm working on dealing with and you can disagree with that if you wish.

Gabe, if you're reading this, dump that ASM #129 ASAP and get as much of your money back as you can. That book is like an anchor right now for you.

It'll be one of my options to consider so what do you think I should ask for it?

Gabe, if you're reading this, dump that ASM #129 ASAP and get as much of your money back as you can. That book is like an anchor right now for you.

Stop trying to lowball him

Actually if he's not in too much of a hurry, he could just wait until the first real punisher trailer on Netflix then throw it up. I don't think the comic will get cheaper, but the OP could become more 'experienced' by then.

I guess I'll do something to that degree and the comic has gotten cheaper according to recent sales of gpa but not by a large amount

Stop trying to lowball him

Actually if he's not in too much of a hurry, he could just wait until the first real punisher trailer on Netflix then throw it up. I don't think the comic will get cheaper, but the OP could become more 'experienced' by then.

Like I said up thread, I would do that...but I'm also not $1100 in the hole at the moment.

No you're not

It's completely my mistake and their return policy is 14 days

As I stated earlier, there was nothing wrong with how ICE listed the book. You can still look it up and CLEARLY see it is advertised as a ASM #129 CGC 8.0 with a large photo with zoom feature that clearly shows the 8.0 grade.

I don't know if you are past the 14 day return period but I would have a problem with you returning the book considering it arrived exactly as described and pictured - A CGC 8.0. The slight staple tear was visible in the scan. The error was all on you.

It would be like me selling you a book for an agreed upon price and then because you couldn't make as much money on it as you hoped, wanting to return it to me. I think that would be "frowned upon" here would it not? Returning something due to "buyers remorse"?

8 8