• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

ASM update 4

He says that he cell phone bill came and he's out of money until next Wednesday till he pays me. It sounds like a sad excuse and that he never wanted to pay me if the first place but I'll play his game and if he won't pay again I'll blast him on the groups to make sure no one will deal with him again.

Someone who can't pay for a book because their cell phone bill is due should probably not be buying $1000 books and I would be wary of. 2c

Someone only working 25 hours a week on minimum wage and $1000 in the hole from dealing in comics shouldn't be buying $1000 books either ;):devil::insane:

That will be his last $1000 book while he's on his $11 per week budget.

I also have a bridge located in the middle of some swampland for sale if you're interested.

And I agree with what you said 100%

ASM update 4

He says that he cell phone bill came and he's out of money until next Wednesday till he pays me. It sounds like a sad excuse and that he never wanted to pay me if the first place but I'll play his game and if he won't pay again I'll blast him on the groups to make sure no one will deal with him again.

Sounds like he needs to control over using his minutes if his phone bill prevents him from buying a $1,000 book.

Agreed and I'm pretty skeptical of the so called phone bill that would cost 1070

ASM update 4

Don't hold the book, not without a non refundable deposit on it.

Tell him you will continue to try and sell and when he has the money, if you still have it, you will sell it to him.

But if he never asked you to hold it, I don't think you have recourse to blast him. Just don't ignore him going forward.

Actually he asked me to hold it for him and if he doesn't pay this will be the first and last time I deal with him.

ASM update 4

Tell him you will continue to try and sell and when he has the money, if you still have it, you will sell it to him.

But if he never asked you to hold it, I don't think you have recourse to blast him. Just don't ignore him going forward.

:facepalm:

This is why I don't deal in anything "high end" on Facebook. After I put in a lot of work, I got nothing as the buyer bailed on a bunch of books he promised to buy. Never again.

I may be wrong in this assumption but to me, Facebook is worse or just as bad as eBay for this kind of nonsense.

Before you "blast" the guy on Facebook, what were the terms you agreed to with the potential buyer? Don't want to burn yourself in the process.

2c

I do have luck with facebook and made a bit of sales on there but as for who you deal with that's up to you and the agreed upon terms were that he would pay in 36 hours and I'd ship it to him after I'd confirm I have the payment.

ASM update 4

:facepalm:

This is why I don't deal in anything "high end" on Facebook. After I put in a lot of work, I got nothing as the buyer bailed on a bunch of books he promised to buy. Never again.

I may be wrong in this assumption but to me, Facebook is worse or just as bad as eBay for this kind of nonsense.

Before you "blast" the guy on Facebook, what were the terms you agreed to with the potential buyer? Don't want to burn yourself in the process.

2c

Facebook is hit or miss at the start. After you've been in the groups a while and talked with fellow collectors, you get a general sense who is serious and who isn't. The "big book" community on there isn't small but it is no by no means large either. I've had that happen to me before as well. It is frustrating, and that's why I do non-refundable deposits if they want a hold unless I know them and have dealt with them.

Facebook can be great and awful. I traded an Xmen 1 for a Superman 10 on there but have also been sent an ASM 28 with no color touch disclosed that was covered with sharpie bleed through. A deal is not a deal on there until you have the money. Don't hold books on Facebook.

Yeah I'll be listing it on the weekend as that's the best time to do it I found

ASM update 4

Someone who can't pay for a book because their cell phone bill is due should probably not be buying $1000 books and I would be wary of. 2c

Yeah that's pretty odd but I'm not one to talk haha and it will be held till wednesday but I'll be bumping it in the meantime.

ASM update 4

Someone only working 25 hours a week on minimum wage and $1000 in the hole from dealing in comics shouldn't be buying $1000 books either ;):devil::insane:

Haha touche. But I'm not a tire kicker with comics if I want something I buy it if I don't I won't bother someone about it.

Pretty surprising that this sale didn't go through as smoothly as one would hope.

Yeah I know what you're thinking but facebook isn't that bad I've made higher end sales there it's where I sold my BA12 CGC 9.6

....And where did you meet these people who SCAMMED you???

Let me play...Facebook? hm

ASM update 4

Actually he asked me to hold it for him and if he doesn't pay this will be the first and last time I deal with him.

Non-refundable deposit for hold. Especially on a book with the "limited" margin you're (most likely) working on.

C'mon man! :mad:

8 8