• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

You are correct. The book is still up on ICE under recent sales and it is correctly listed as ASM #129 CGC 8.0. There is even a nice scan of the book with the number clearly visible and zoom feature.

When you go to check out it also states what you are agreeing to buy so he must have just clicked away and not bother to really read or look over the invoice.

Gabe admitted to the error being his own as Logan stated.

I hope one day I'm doing as well as the OP so I can buy thousand dollar books by accident

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

You are correct. The book is still up on ICE under recent sales and it is correctly listed as ASM #129 CGC 8.0. There is even a nice scan of the book with the number clearly visible and zoom feature.

When you go to check out it also states what you are agreeing to buy so he must have just clicked away and not bother to really read or look over the invoice.

Gabe admitted to the error being his own as Logan stated.

I hope one day I'm doing as well as the OP so I can buy thousand dollar books by accident

Move back in with your folks, bingo.

Please remember, he screwed himself on this deal, so it was a bad accident.

When does the credit card used to purchase this book become due?

Good question, though I'm pretty sure he said he hadn't activated the card yet. He did have that $700 finders fee, so he probably had enough on top of that to at least buy the book.

Think about how much this wouldn't be a big deal if he had a full time job. Living with parents, pulling in 40 hour weeks with average $18-$20 hour job?

He'd be doing pretty alright

Think about how much this wouldn't be a big deal if he had a full time job. Living with parents, pulling in 40 hour weeks with average $18-$20 hour job?

On the living life side that would appear to be an upward trajectory from where he is now.

On the wheelin' & dealin' comics side I think if he had that much discretionary income the current $1100 hole would seem like a minor ripple to what it would most likely be right now.

The simple fact that everyone can see but the OP, stated plainly...he's just not very good at it.

or he'd be dealing with 3-4 more $1K comics he 'accidentally' bought. If you think the OP's 'problems' are largely due to his lack of full-time employment, then I disagree strongly.

The lack of gainful employment is a symptom of his problems, not the source. And as Mase used to say "Mo' money, mo' problems", which isn't true for everyone, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't true here....

"Well I survived accidentally buying a $1K comic last month when I was making $1K per month. So I guess since I make $2K per month now then I can invest in a $2K comic! Because that's the laws of math! Of which I'm an expert!"

Gabe, if you're reading this, dump that ASM #129 ASAP and get as much of your money back as you can. That book is like an anchor right now for you.

Stop trying to lowball him

Actually if he's not in too much of a hurry, he could just wait until the first real punisher trailer on Netflix then throw it up. I don't think the comic will get cheaper, but the OP could become more 'experienced' by then.

Gabe, if you're reading this, dump that ASM #129 ASAP and get as much of your money back as you can. That book is like an anchor right now for you.

Actually if he's not in too much of a hurry, he could just wait until the first real punisher trailer on Netflix then throw it up. I don't think the comic will get cheaper, but the OP could become more 'experienced' by then.

Like I said up thread, I would do that...but I'm also not $1100 in the hole at the moment.

I couldn't afford his time payment price :sorry:

ASM 129 Update 5

The comic hasn't sold and the guy that said he didn't want to buy it which made me angry because if he knew that he didn't want it he could have just told me that from the start instead of wasting my time twice.

ASM update 4

He says that he cell phone bill came and he's out of money until next Wednesday till he pays me. It sounds like a sad excuse and that he never wanted to pay me if the first place but I'll play his game and if he won't pay again I'll blast him on the groups to make sure no one will deal with him again.

Don't hold the book, not without a non refundable deposit on it.

Tell him you will continue to try and sell and when he has the money, if you still have it, you will sell it to him.

But if he never asked you to hold it, I don't think you have recourse to blast him. Just don't ignore him going forward.

Actually he asked me to hold it for him and if he doesn't pay this will be the first and last time I deal with him.

Non-refundable deposit for hold. Especially on a book with the "limited" margin you're (most likely) working on.

C'mon man! :mad:

Yeah seems I will have to do that now would the non-refundable hold be at 20% as well or a different number?

8 8