• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

:popcorn:

Is the ASM #129 sold?

Nope its being pimped out on Kijiji

Whoa, I hope he's not setting his heart on selling that book for almost $600 over GPA average :screwy:

GPA is 867 USD (1144.44 CDN at a $1.32)...so only asking $255.56 over gpa average (kijiji is in Canada and we deal in loonies).

So we have Kijiji and by my count it was on like 7 Facebook groups....

Does he have it on his eBay? Can't find him there lol

I guess the theory is that if you have enough lines in the water eventually you will catch a sucker?

There's an 8.0 on eBay for 1100 OBO but it's not his. There's also an 8.5 for 1225

:popcorn:

Is the ASM #129 sold?

Nope its being pimped out on Kijiji

Whoa, I hope he's not setting his heart on selling that book for almost $600 over GPA average :screwy:

GPA is 867 USD (1144.44 CDN at a $1.32)...so only asking $255.56 over gpa average (kijiji is in Canada and we deal in loonies).

So it's not as bad as I thought, but it's still not awesome.

If it were me, I would dump that puppy ASAP and just hope to get close to most of my money back.

But there's a movie, and possibly a show coming.

OK, if it were me I wouldn't have bought an 8.0 thinking it was an 8.5, that being said...I would probably hold it for a while, but I can afford to do that. He's $1100 in the hole and was probably counting on this book to get him even.

That's why I say he should turn it over ASAP and get as much of his money back as he can. With his new budget of $11 per week it's going to take him time to get the rest of the way out of the hole, but at least he won't be digging himself in even more 2c

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

Edited by 1Cool

Would anyone else have returned it when you got the 8.0? If the title incorrectly stated it was a 8.5 (even though the picture showed a 8.0) I'd think CGC would quickly side with you when you returned it.

IF it were misrepresented (and admittedly I didn't check the listing) this would have been the first thing I did. Better to get your money back, even if you're out shipping, rather than have to sell this book at a loss.

So it was either Gabe's mistake and not on the seller, or Gabe still thought he could make bank by overpaying for the 8.0. Either way it is a bit ???

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

IF it were misrepresented (and admittedly I didn't check the listing) this would have been the first thing I did. Better to get your money back, even if you're out shipping, rather than have to sell this book at a loss.

So it was either Gabe's mistake and not on the seller, or Gabe still thought he could make bank by overpaying for the 8.0. Either way it is a bit ???

I think secretly (or not so secretly) he thinks there's some type of additional prestige or joy to him for owning a desirable key comic, and possibly some type of delusional rationale that he's a big shot who can (or should be able to) sell these big-shot comics at premiums. Like somehow he's put in all this 'work' into buying this comic, he's somehow entitled to a reward for doing so. Or the gambler who thinks he just needs one more big score to make everything all right. Add this to questionable math skills, no understanding of business concepts, admitted learning and emotional issues, generational poverty, unfavorable geography, other potentially 'questionable' political views which nobody is surprised by, and you've got a big ol' rubber-necking shaudenfraude recipe for the rest of us.

If I recall correctly, Gabe took the blame for the mistake. Apparently he had several pages open and was looking at several copies of ASM #129 and got confused thinking the book was an 8.5 and that he was getting a good deal on it.

You are correct. The book is still up on ICE under recent sales and it is correctly listed as ASM #129 CGC 8.0. There is even a nice scan of the book with the number clearly visible and zoom feature.

When you go to check out it also states what you are agreeing to buy so he must have just clicked away and not bother to really read or look over the invoice.

Gabe admitted to the error being his own as Logan stated.

8 8