• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Why not just list the price you sold the book for instead of putting a negative in front of the price? What does the negative in front of the GS X-Men #1 indicate? What was the selling price?

It means I lost 100% of my money since that comic was a scam

So you paid for the book and the book was never delivered and the seller never refunded your money back?

Yes, Gabe was scammed a few times and got zilch for his money. I think he paid via money order or via friends and family and books never showed.

Why not just list the price you sold the book for instead of putting a negative in front of the price? What does the negative in front of the GS X-Men #1 indicate? What was the selling price?

So you paid for the book and the book was never delivered and the seller never refunded your money back?

Yes, Gabe was scammed a few times and got zilch for his money. I think he paid via money order or via friends and family and books never showed.

And yet he never bought that prime swamp land I offered him at a great price :cry:

The accounting is haphazard to say the least.

So, for this book:

Betty and Veronica #320 7.0/7.5 Buy $470usd Sell $250

So, on this book you LOST $220 USD? Is that right?

According to GPA, there was one sale for $283 in 2015, that's it...Why the heck did you pay $470? When did you start using GPA and other sources to determine FMV?

He also had an CGC 8.5 so the buy price could have been for that. Either way he lost money.

Yeah I did have a cgc 8.5 but that's after I got it pressed and cleaned.

You got the B&V 7.0/7.5 pressed and cleaned and then it was an 8.5 is that what you are saying? Or are these two completely separate books?

Yes I got the B&V 7.0/7/5 pressed and cleaned to a 8.5

That's a lot of effort to expend just to lose $220.00. Just say in'.

Yeah it was but at that time I needed money and it was one of my better comics so I sold it for a loss.

Unfortunately that's what happened I paid him with a money order and once I realized what happened I tried to use the serial number to get my money back but he already spent it.

The accounting is haphazard to say the least.

So, for this book:

Betty and Veronica #320 7.0/7.5 Buy $470usd Sell $250

So, on this book you LOST $220 USD? Is that right?

According to GPA, there was one sale for $283 in 2015, that's it...Why the heck did you pay $470? When did you start using GPA and other sources to determine FMV?

He also had an CGC 8.5 so the buy price could have been for that. Either way he lost money.

Yeah I did have a cgc 8.5 but that's after I got it pressed and cleaned.

You got the B&V 7.0/7.5 pressed and cleaned and then it was an 8.5 is that what you are saying? Or are these two completely separate books?

Yes I got the B&V 7.0/7/5 pressed and cleaned to a 8.5

That's a lot of effort to expend just to lose $220.00. Just say in'.

Does the buy price of the B&V 7.0 to an 8.5 of $470 USD include the cost of pressing and grading?

Yes it does

Yup it was money order

And yet he never bought that prime swamp land I offered him at a great price :cry:

Haha

...And what's up with the ASM #129?

As of right now nothing and I lowered the price of it on kijiji but I did notice a recent sale of a 7.5 for 820 so hopefully that will make people pay more for the 8.0 and above copies

Why not put it on the bay at the same time?

(shrug)

I can if it wasn't on fb as well because the majority of the groups I'm on wouldn't allow it and would delete the posts.

FB is fine for a few days but E-Bay has a audience of millions where as a group on FB maybe a couple hundred. For a book like ASM 129 CGC 8.0 having it up on E-Bay is your best bet in my opinion.

(shrug)

I can if it wasn't on fb as well because the majority of the groups I'm on wouldn't allow it and would delete the posts.

FB is fine for a few days but E-Bay has a audience of millions where as a group on FB maybe a couple hundred. For a book like ASM 129 CGC 8.0 having it up on E-Bay is your best bet in my opinion.

I agree I'm only keeping it up for this weekend and off to ebay it goes as for a cgc 8.0 asm 129 people don't have too many choices when buying so that gives me the advantage.

(shrug)

I agree I'm only keeping it up for this weekend and off to ebay it goes as for a cgc 8.0 asm 129 people don't have too many choices when buying so that gives me the advantage.

True - right now there doesn't look to be a lot of copies floating around. There is one on E-Bay that could probably be had for $900 - $950 with a best offer but the seller has it at $1,100 right now. No similar copies were in the Comic Link auction so hard to tell what the going rate really is right now. I'd suggest putting it up on E-Bay at $1,000 with a Best Offer option and hopefully you will get it sold quickly for $925 - $950.

Edited by 1Cool

(shrug)

True - right now there doesn't look to be a lot of copies floating around. There is one on E-Bay that could probably be had for $900 - $950 with a best offer but the seller has it at $1,100 right now. No similar copies were in the Comic Link auction so hard to tell what the going rate really is right now. I'd suggest putting it up on E-Bay at $1,000 with a Best Offer option and hopefully you will get it sold quickly for $925 - $950.

That would be a good idea but I also have to calculate that I'm going to have also put it higher since I have have to deal with a 14.5% commission on top of that unless I can say to contact me for a better deal and do it on the boards or FB and I can give them 10% discount

Unfortunately that's what happened I paid him with a money order and once I realized what happened I tried to use the serial number to get my money back but he already spent it.

And you didn't call the police/RCMP?

Jim

8 8