• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

KPR should start his own journal on his road to success

Who is KPR? (shrug)

He's the who just paid too much for an ASM 129

Sorry, you joined the boards after Hector. He's my cutoff point, after meeting him I said no more new boardies ever again :fear:

but everyone now is chasing after hot comics.

No, not everyone, not even close.

That assumption will prevent you from succeeding.

Yeah. That's what it is. It's that assumption.

To be fair, I didn't say that assumption alone would prevent him from succeeding.

Clearly, that's just the tipy-tip of the iceberg.

Perhaps saying everyone wasn't the best idea but it's certainly a trend and I don't see it often here but I see it from time to time.

although if one assumed that everyone was chasing after hot comics...what on earth would make you think you could do it better (or even the same) as anyone (let alone EVERYONE) else??????

Are you better at math? Do you have a better memory? Do you have more comic knowledge? More business skills? More capital to buy in bigger lots or take bigger risks or hedge your losses (do you know what 'hedge' means?)? Better comic connections for buying or selling? Any sort of geographical advantage? Better organization skills? Can you process information faster? A better pulse of the current market in order to speculate on comics before they get hot? Local access to untapped supplies? Better at grading? Better at spotting restoration?

I don't remember ever saying that I'm better then anyone much less everyone and to all those questions below my answer is no except for a geographical advantage I have a big one

I live walking distance away from a convention

2 thrift shops

5 pawn shops

2 church sales

and finally

2 comic book shops

The thing with eBay is this: .. every Seller (whether they actually are or not) needs to be seen to be as Professional as possible and make their listings also look as Professional as possible.

I'm pointing out the obvious to many on here, but Gabe might not see the pitfalls for successful selling on the 'bay.

Gabe, If you put blurry pics and hardly any notes in the listing .. potential buyers will just walk away. I see it all the time, people are fickle: if it doesn't look good (nevermind if the price is good or not) they will move on to the next listing.

A typical example is if you have your own website: if it doesn't grab the first-time visitor within 10-15 seconds .. they're gone.

Make your listings as good as you possibly can .. and also investigate eBay's Templates (they frame the main description). Looks are pretty much everything.

I didn't think people make judgement calls that quickly if they want to buy something or not I was going to take better pics and I didn't even expect to get as many offers as I did before the listing got taken down.

Who is KPR? (shrug)

I'll pay you $644 shipped for it that way it's the same beating you gave Gabe.

Ouchie.

Yeah. That's what it is. It's that assumption.

To be fair, I didn't say that assumption alone would prevent him from succeeding.

Clearly, that's just the tipy-tip of the iceberg.

Yes I know point taken

Who is KPR? (shrug)

My loss is his gain and even so that was a fair price considering what gpa for a 8.0 is right now

The thing with eBay is this: .. every Seller (whether they actually are or not) needs to be seen to be as Professional as possible and make their listings also look as Professional as possible.

I'm pointing out the obvious to many on here, but Gabe might not see the pitfalls for successful selling on the 'bay.

Gabe, If you put blurry pics and hardly any notes in the listing .. potential buyers will just walk away. I see it all the time, people are fickle: if it doesn't look good (nevermind if the price is good or not) they will move on to the next listing.

A typical example is if you have your own website: if it doesn't grab the first-time visitor within 10-15 seconds .. they're gone.

Make your listings as good as you possibly can .. and also investigate eBay's Templates (they frame the main description). Looks are pretty much everything.

I didn't think people make judgement calls that quickly if they want to buy something or not I was going to take better pics and I didn't even expect to get as many offers as I did before the listing got taken down.

They do .. it's called experience that makes me impart that info to you :ohnoez:

Offers from here, or eBay? .. and no-wonder the list got taken down (as others have posted already) :whatev:

They do .. it's called experience that makes me impart that info to you :ohnoez:

Offers from here, or eBay? .. and no-wonder the list got taken down (as others have posted already) :whatev:

On both ebay and here and the exact reason it got taken down was that exact sentence boardies warned me about.

people don't ALWAYS make quick decisions, but it doesn't take much sloppiness or unprofessionalism to turn away a buyer, unless the price is significantly cheaper. And you're already playing behind, seeing as you're in Canada. You literally have no margin for error, figuratively or financially.

people don't ALWAYS make quick decisions, but it doesn't take much sloppiness or unprofessionalism to turn away a buyer, unless the price is significantly cheaper. And you're already playing behind, seeing as you're in Canada. You literally have no margin for error, figuratively or financially.

He must have a better margin for error than we were led to believe. He's got what...$900+ in those Infinity Gauntlet slabs? He can obviously afford to sit on those (shrug)

I agree I'm in tighter situations then most are and one of the biggest problems is shipping as that turns people off that's also something I'm working on.

He must have a better margin for error than we were led to believe. He's got what...$900+ in those Infinity Gauntlet slabs? He can obviously afford to sit on those (shrug)

985.60 and it's not something I'm sitting on it's something I got scammed on

Who is KPR? (shrug)

I need to press it first

I suck with sarcasm but you really do press it let me know what happens

Seems like you're constantly getting scammed by people. How much money have you actually lost due to scams and what were the books? Were most of these transactions on FB?

Yeah it does look like that and one of the transactions was on fb and the other off fb

So it total I got scammed 1340.98

The comics were

HOS 92 CGC 7.0

ASM 40 7.0

and GSX 1 6.5/7.0

8 8