• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

ASM 129 Update 6

The comic is now up on ebay since you guys managed to convince me :)

I just looked at your auction. As soon as eBay finds out about your offer of a "better deal" they will more than likely pull your auction. All it's going to take is one person to notify them, or they may find it themselves, and your auction is probably going to get poofed.

Wait...you're saying that his eBay listing makes mention of doing a deal off of eBay?

Seriously?

:facepalm:

Up for sale is a copy of Amazing spider-man 129 CGC 8.0 1st appearance of punisher which he's rumored to get his own movie and tv series on netflix

Condition: The case does have some scuffs and scratches on it.

Shipping: This comic will be shipped in a cardboard sandwich, bubble wrapped and sent in a box

Payment: Needs to be made as soon as you buy it

Want a better deal? Contact me and we can work something out with a possible discount of up to 11% off

Questions: If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask

Note: I did not bold that section, bolded in listing.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Not to pile on, but you should really add a back cover scan, GET RID OF the sentence about the 11% off thing (eBay won't like that), and I would clarify what you mean by "the case has some scuffs and scratches" -- if it's something minor, then say that, but the way you have it now, I could see someone taking an additional $50 off of their offer if they think they will need to ship it to/from CGC for reholdering -- you already have so many things working against this sale with it being out of the country, a common book, etc. -- you are just making a sale less and less likely.

Gabe, yes, quit using the low res image you just copied from the auction site you bought it from, take a good clear pic so that folks can zoom, check it out well. Back cover can't hurt either.

ASM 129 Update 6

I just looked at your auction. As soon as eBay finds out about your offer of a "better deal" they will more than likely pull your auction. All it's going to take is one person to notify them, or they may find it themselves, and your auction is probably going to get poofed.

Wait...you're saying that his eBay listing makes mention of doing a deal off of eBay?

Seriously?

No I'm just said if the want a better deal they can speak to me about it I didn't mention anything else

ASM 129 Update 6

Seriously?

No I'm just said if the want a better deal they can speak to me about it I didn't mention anything else

So, what would a buyer have to do to get 11% off?

Not to pile on, but you should really add a back cover scan, GET RID OF the sentence about the 11% off thing (eBay won't like that), and I would clarify what you mean by "the case has some scuffs and scratches" -- if it's something minor, then say that, but the way you have it now, I could see someone taking an additional $50 off of their offer if they think they will need to ship it to/from CGC for reholdering -- you already have so many things working against this sale with it being out of the country, a common book, etc. -- you are just making a sale less and less likely.

Yeah I'll fix that sentence and I tried adding a back cover scan but it said it went against their policy, What I mean but scuffs and scratches it exactly as is sounds it's not something that requires re casing but something I put for all my slabs just in case.

Gabe, yes, quit using the low res image you just copied from the auction site you bought it from, take a good clear pic so that folks can zoom, check it out well. Back cover can't hurt either.

That was one of my problems it wouldn't accept the back cover scan for some reason

ASM 129 Update 6

Seriously?

Nothing off of eBay of course ::wink wink::

ASM 129 Update 6

Hopefully not but if it happens I can at least say I tried

You tried what? To cheat someone? For a guy who has been scammed as many times as you have and professes to not feel good about it, you don't seem to have any problem doing it to someone else. eBay is a business, and they deserve to be paid for the service that they offer. How do you justify listing your book and then saying in your auction to basically contact you to conduct the sale off eBay, thereby using ebays service to advertise your book, but then depriving them of their rightful fees by selling the book off eBay to a buyer who most likely would never have known about your book without eBay. If you're not happy with ebays fees, then don't list your book on there, but if you do use their service, they deserve to be compensated for the service they provide. It's not their fault that you overpaid for a book that's as common as a dishonest politician. But, professing on one hand to be upset about getting scammed yourself and then turning around and trying to do it to someone else (eBay) isn't cool at all. Have you ever heard the phrase "he's talking out of both sides of his mouth"? If not, look it up, because that's exactly what your doing.

ASM 129 Update 6

Seriously?

Contact me either here, or FB and the discount would also be decided by what they offer

Gabe, I'll give you $800 shipped. No fee to you. I'm in the US. Offer is good until 9:30 PM eastern tonight.

I'm in the US.

Dave

hm

He should take the money and run.

But I know he won't.

ASM 129 Update 6

Seriously?

1bg5bb.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Gabe, I'll give you $800 shipped. No fee to you. I'm in the US. Offer is good until 9:30 PM eastern tonight.

I'm in the US.

Dave

hm

But I know he won't.

OMG that offer is 5 minutes from expiration.

He's really going to do it, he's really going to let that offer pass because he thinks he can squeeze a few more bucks off eBay.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but......

ASM 129 Update 6

Hopefully not but if it happens I can at least say I tried

You tried what? To cheat someone? For a guy who has been scammed as many times as you have and professes to not feel good about it, you don't seem to have any problem doing it to someone else. eBay is a business, and they deserve to be paid for the service that they offer. How do you justify listing your book and then saying in your auction to basically contact you to conduct the sale off eBay, thereby using ebays service to advertise your book, but then depriving them of their rightful fees by selling the book off eBay to a buyer who most likely would never have known about your book without eBay. If you're not happy with ebays fees, then don't list your book on there, but if you do use their service, they deserve to be compensated for the service they provide. It's not their fault that you overpaid for a book that's as common as a dishonest politician. But, professing on one hand to be upset about getting scammed yourself and then turning around and trying to do it to someone else (eBay) isn't cool at all. Have you ever heard the phrase "he's talking out of both sides of his mouth"? If not, look it up, because that's exactly what your doing.

Tried to cheat someone? That's not it at all I use ebay and everywhere else I can think of to sell what I have it's nothing personal if it sells on ebay I'll rightly give them their fees. No it's my fault I overpaid for the comic and I realize that and it's no one's fault but my own. I've had a few problems where I needed their help and I lost money because of it how do you think that made me feel? So I'll say it again just to be clear if it sells on ebay I give them the fees if doesn't then I sell it where I can I've had many listings where they just sit unless I try fb or something and if it gets sold elsewhere I cancel my listing it's as simple as that. I don't deprive anyone of anything.

I'm done. You honestly do not deserve the advice you are getting. And I hope everyone else stops giving you advice as well.

I don't deserve advice? Red I'm a stubborn person but if push comes to shove I follow what I believe will help me.

I'm in the US.

Dave

hm

But I know he won't.

OMG that offer is 5 minutes from expiration.

He's really going to do it, he's really going to let that offer pass because he thinks he can squeeze a few more bucks off eBay.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but......

Offer was accepted. $ is in Gabes account.

8 8