• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

He can do it if he has access to antique shops, garage sales or flea markets.

Does he strike you as the kind of person that will put in the type of work it will require to do anything with comics on $11 per week?

No. No he doesn't. :(

But I do think most of us reading would agree that showing a measure of budget self control and limiting losses is a huge step in the right direction, and obviously far preferable to dumping thousands into a fire pit. And who knows, if he can save for a few months without spending anything, he'll have a bit of useful working capital...I know a lot of people on the boards who can scratch out some solid profit with $200, some work, and some luck. Maybe he can one of those people

A 400 square foot fire pit?

Sorry, I had to.

Oh that I have but their schedules are busy and I always get cut short because I talk too much. I do have both a life coach and a psychiatrist that I work with.

Gabe, I've noticed you bring this up several times in your journal, so I feel intrigued (and able) to ask you about it. Obviously, this is a sensitive issue for anyone to discuss .. if you don't want to answer it on a public forum, I'll completely understand and I apologise for asking, but ...

.. you have a learning disability, I'm sure that having a psychiatrist is not needed to help you with that, so .. what is it? What else are you holding back-on that you need a psyche?? If you do answer the question as to why, it may give us a clearer picture why you make the decisions that you do.

Step 1 - Buy comic.

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit

Step 2 - Sell comic

In an earlier post you mentioned you and a friend were in a competition in selling comics and that he was leading you. Are you still in this competition? Is this also one of the reasons you don't want to give up selling?

That is one of the reasons and the person is smoking me in this competition and it's until 2017.

Is there a prize at stake in this competition?

A prize? No prize per say but we both wanted to prove who's better at making money and to me that was good enough as it was a chance to have friendly competition and prove myself.

End the contest. You should only be competing with yourself.

Competing with myself? You mean just me working on betting myself?

So Gabe, what is it? Mentor/life coach and/or professional working with you or no?

OPEN LETTER TO UCHIHA101 TO GET YOUR mess TOGETHER

Dear Gabe,

You are (nearly) 24 years old. Time to grow up. This comic thing is not working for you. That's a fact.

You lack basic life skills and currently have little hope of becoming a responsible and independent adult based on your current trajectory. You have a bad habit of making superficial acknowledgements of your own failures. You always have plenty of excuses and seem to quit anything that is not “fun” (example: “don’t give many any of that hard work bull”) or feel you are not “respected”. This needs to change.

With your employment track record and only having high school (one year of a two year video game art diploma program means squat) and no trade skills and/or other skill sets to draw from, what kind of work do you hope to get?

To make a million dollars selling “bomics” is not realistic for you. The fact is it is not realistic for most people to make a comfortable living selling comics. You are $1100 in the hole after nearly 3 years of doing this and you would be even worse off had it not been for that generous boardie giving you a sweet “finder’s fee. You are now onto your next blunder, throwing good money after another bad decsion (ASM #129) that you will be lucky to break even on. Imagine if you had to maintain a roof over your own head, pay your own rent (yes, I know you pay rent now) but also utilities, groceries, transportation and everything else that comes with being independent? You simply could not in your current situation. Your parents are “subsidizing” you and you do not have a viable plan for the future. This is not a good path to success.

I highly recommend that you seek out professional help. As some have suggested, a professional life coach/mentor or and possibly other therapist, like a psychologist or even psychiatrist to help you address your learning and other issues. You need professional help and you need to listen and act on that advice.

I believe you are in the Niagara area. Try contacting the Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region. Apparently they also provide support to adults. At the very least it would be a starting point. If you are not in Niagara area, there is going to be something similar in nearly every region. Actively seek out help and resources. They are out there and no one is saying it will be easy, but you have to at least try.

You don’t have to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Start small. Focus on the basics of things you can change within yourself. Work on your attitude. Hygiene. Resilience. Work Ethic.

Finally, genuinely look for other real work. There is absolutely no reason a relatively healthy young man can’t work a 40 hour week. Leave that chip on your shoulder at home. If finding regular work is not going well, look into volunteering somewhere to make contacts and show employers you can stick to something and hopefully gain a positive reference. Volunteering may even lead to paid work.

Sidebar: You need to clean up your digital footprint. Not to get “political” but your constant postings of right-wing pro Trump memes/propaganda (you do realize you are Canadian and can’t vote for Trump right?) and anime heavy posts on Facebook should be scaled back. Your YouTube is a bit of a joke. There is a video where you can verbally hear you scoffing at a family member. Change the name of Your YouTube channel as someone else has suggested. Delete the voice acting . Also, fix up or take down your LinkedIn profile. It is a mess. Many employers and even volunteer administrators “Google” those who submit an application and you would likely get a big fat “pass” based on what they can easily find out about you online.

You flat out lack the experience, skill set and resources at this time to buy and sell comics successfully (barring some “miracle” ) so just stop before “dealing” in comics buries you. You can still collect, buy the odd smaller book, enjoy comics for the fun of it but genuinely focus on something that is real and achievable for you. Please don’t squander all the good advice you have received - You have received far more than you deserve to be honest – Or I fear that you are going to end up just another “lost soul”.

I know I have given you a hard time. I know I am probably coming across as a sanctimonious person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but I do hope you listen and act on the advice here and from any professional advice you may receive, but you probably won't so I leave you with a quote.

0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960_zpst056u9ho.jpg

Godspeed.

I like quotes and yes I do realize I can't vote for Trump but I don't want politics messing with my journal. I'm getting help from a life coach and a psychiatrist and as for comics I just need to be smarter with what I do because I do learn from them whether you believe it or not I night make them two or three times but I do learn.

Gabe since WHEN did you actually start seeing a life coach and/or psychiatrist? Funny just a few days ago you mentioned that would be a good idea and now all of a sudden you have both?

Fact is you don't learn. You pay lip service to it. Keep on failing bud.

It's not funny to me you never asked and I've had her for at least 6 months and the life coach three months you guys don't believe I'm making any changes so I thought it was pointless to mention until you brought it up,

Soooo...You have had a life coach for three months eh? Then why did you respond this way when it was brought up earlier just a few days ago?

Posted on 09/07/16

Sadly, nothing you say will ever stick with Gabe. He has been left to drift aimlessly by his parents, and to some degree ever teacher he has had (who knows. maybe someone did try and came to the same realization he is going to do his own thing regardless).

More than a job you need a mentor Gabe. It should be your parents, but I fear they themselves lack the skill set to help themselves, let alone another human being. Try to find someone who can help provide direction and structure.I am certain you lack both, and while it may be difficult at first, eventually you will develop good habits and a routine in your life. If not, I fear you will become another sad statistic.

Now that is some solid advice. I think a mentor is just the thing he needs, but it's got to be someone in person and not some well meaning internet buddies IMHO.

Still looking for a person like that.

Which is it? You say you have had a life coach/mentor for the past three months when just a few days ago you said you were still looking for a person like that.

(shrug)

Oh that I have but their schedules are busy and I always get cut short because I talk too much. I do have both a life coach and a psychiatrist that I work with.

A few days ago you said you didn't have one. Now you are saying you have had one for the past three months...Just so we are clear now, you DO have paid professionals helping you. Is that right?

If so, have them read this thread.

To clear things up one of them is paid and that's the life coach and the psychiatrist is in training but she's done two years of schooling and is honest with what I need to improve on with no sugar coating things.

He doesn't have an addiction. :eyeroll:

He's just a millennial who wants to make it big doing as little work to get there as possible. He "can't" do things because he's lazy and doesn't want to put in hard work. He "cant" follow the heating up threads because he has a learning disability. meh All he needs to do is put in the time and effort and write stuff down. He doesn't want to work - he wants everyone to do the work for him. You see threads spring up all the time - "what books are hot that no one knows about yet" - because kids like Gabe don't want to put in the work. It's all about instant gratification.

Stop saying he has an addiction because it's insulting to people who actually do have an addiction.

Harvey, please don't assume you know how my learning disability does or doesn't affect me. I ask for tips because people find ways to make things easier on themselves instead of it taking longer for example someone may know how copy all of the thread at the same time. Is that being lazy? No it's thinking smarter and saving time where you can. There are many things that I don't like but if it's something I think I can do I'm determined to do it.

It sure does sound like laziness. Basically you want someone else to do the homework for you because it'll save you time.

Again the answer is no I'll explain again.

I ask for other people's advice because they do things quickly and more efficiently then I can so am I being lazy by wanting to save time on things that take longer then they should? I would happily help someone save time if they asked about something I know. I don't believe in being greedy with knowledge unless it's something like a honey hole or trade secret type thing then I understand. Am I to assume you never asked any boardie here for help? You never asked how to do something quicker and more efficiently? I find that hard to believe. You among all people should know this that I'm not being lazy by doing this I'm asking for tips not asking for someone to do everything for me. You yourself admitted that I lack common sense so when I try to ask for help with something I didn't think of yet you call me lazy for doing it.

I can assure you that I do not go looking for advice on an Internet board. I'm saying you are lazy because you don't want to take the time to read the speculator threads because they're "too overwhelming". If you can read and respond to all of the post in this thread then I'm sure you can read the posts in the other thread.

Yes I'd be able to read it but this is different since I respond to what you ask or post the spec thread would be trying to memorize what I see which I have trouble with but I do know some comics to look for.

People have said more than once, including myself to write this stuff down and make a list of books you can refer to. There is no need to use " I can't memorize stuff" as an excuse.

I do that sometimes and unfortunately it's not a excuse but I will do things to get over it or at least cope with my memory.

"I ask for other people's advice because they do things quickly and more efficiently then I can so am I being lazy by wanting to save time on things that take longer then they should? I would happily help someone save time if they asked about something I know. I don't believe in being greedy with knowledge unless it's something like a honey hole or trade secret type thing then I understand. Am I to assume you never asked any boardie here for help? You never asked how to do something quicker and more efficiently? I find that hard to believe. You among all people should know this that I'm not being lazy by doing this I'm asking for tips not asking for someone to do everything for me. You yourself admitted that I lack common sense so when I try to ask for help with something I didn't think of yet you call me lazy for doing it."

Anyone who can use grammar and punctuation this effectively does not have a profound learning difficulty.

The whole thing is written as a mature, confident, cognisant adult would.

I have difficulty relating this writing to the type I would associate from someone with a learning disorder requiring paid professional intervention by at least 2 people.

2c

I appreciate the compliment but many people here have pointed out my grammar mistakes and they're right it's something I need to improve on, also my my problems aren't solely just with grammar. It's most interpersonal and not sure exactly what common sense would end up in but that as well.

Gabe, I've noticed you bring this up several times in your journal, so I feel intrigued (and able) to ask you about it. Obviously, this is a sensitive issue for anyone to discuss .. if you don't want to answer it on a public forum, I'll completely understand and I apologise for asking, but ...

.. you have a learning disability, I'm sure that having a psychiatrist is not needed to help you with that, so .. what is it? What else are you holding back-on that you need a psyche?? If you do answer the question as to why, it may give us a clearer picture why you make the decisions that you do.

I have no problem answering that question. A psychiatrist because they don't know what my learning disability is but realize what symptoms I have, so the more I know about the things I do the more I can tell them and have them give me ways to cope with it. Also as a emotional person I'm more prone to being depressed and doing things on impulse and while I can't change who I am I can change what I do. If you guys have any questions about why I do what I do just ask I'm not afraid to talk about it. The thing about the psychiatrist that scares me is they keep offering me medicine and I refuse to take it because 1. They don't know what I have 2) Those pills are dangerous and have seriously messed people up permanently.

I know my situation isn't the best but I don't want it to be worse so I ask what natural ways they have of coping with people that have similar symptoms to mine.

Step 1 - Buy comic.

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit

Step 2 - Sell comic

In an earlier post you mentioned you and a friend were in a competition in selling comics and that he was leading you. Are you still in this competition? Is this also one of the reasons you don't want to give up selling?

That is one of the reasons and the person is smoking me in this competition and it's until 2017.

At this rate a guy selling comics for TP at a third world gas station will smoke you in a selling contest.

He's just a millennial who wants to make it big doing as little work to get there as possible. He "can't" do things because he's lazy and doesn't want to put in hard work. He "cant" follow the heating up threads because he has a learning disability. meh All he needs to do is put in the time and effort and write stuff down. He doesn't want to work - he wants everyone to do the work for him. You see threads spring up all the time - "what books are hot that no one knows about yet" - because kids like Gabe don't want to put in the work. It's all about instant gratification.

Stop saying he has an addiction because it's insulting to people who actually do have an addiction.

Harvey, please don't assume you know how my learning disability does or doesn't affect me. I ask for tips because people find ways to make things easier on themselves instead of it taking longer for example someone may know how copy all of the thread at the same time. Is that being lazy? No it's thinking smarter and saving time where you can. There are many things that I don't like but if it's something I think I can do I'm determined to do it.

It sure does sound like laziness. Basically you want someone else to do the homework for you because it'll save you time.

Again the answer is no I'll explain again.

I ask for other people's advice because they do things quickly and more efficiently then I can so am I being lazy by wanting to save time on things that take longer then they should? I would happily help someone save time if they asked about something I know. I don't believe in being greedy with knowledge unless it's something like a honey hole or trade secret type thing then I understand. Am I to assume you never asked any boardie here for help? You never asked how to do something quicker and more efficiently? I find that hard to believe. You among all people should know this that I'm not being lazy by doing this I'm asking for tips not asking for someone to do everything for me. You yourself admitted that I lack common sense so when I try to ask for help with something I didn't think of yet you call me lazy for doing it.

I can assure you that I do not go looking for advice on an Internet board. I'm saying you are lazy because you don't want to take the time to read the speculator threads because they're "too overwhelming". If you can read and respond to all of the post in this thread then I'm sure you can read the posts in the other thread.

Yes I'd be able to read it but this is different since I respond to what you ask or post the spec thread would be trying to memorize what I see which I have trouble with but I do know some comics to look for.

People have said more than once, including myself to write this stuff down and make a list of books you can refer to. There is no need to use " I can't memorize stuff" as an excuse.

I do that sometimes and unfortunately it's not a excuse but I will do things to get over it or at least cope with my memory.

If you want to be successful at this do it all the time, there is absolutely no reason aside from being lazy why you're not doing this right now. You already know your limitations ( poor memory, being overwhelmed by too much information ) and have been given a simple solution.

In case you're wondering...this is a good example of why people get frustrated with you here. You pay a lot of lip service, but never appear to do much of anything with all the information you're given.

Step 1 - Buy comic.

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit

Step 2 - Sell comic

At this rate a guy selling comics for TP at a third world gas station will smoke you in a selling contest.

If the guy only made $5 so far he would be smoking him as Gabe is $1100 In the hole. Now he's going to only be using $11 per week to flip comics...If this were a boxing match it would've been called a TKO by now.

I have no problem answering that question. A psychiatrist because they don't know what my learning disability is but realize what symptoms I have, so the more I know about the things I do the more I can tell them and have them give me ways to cope with it. Also as a emotional person I'm more prone to being depressed and doing things on impulse and while I can't change who I am I can change what I do. If you guys have any questions about why I do what I do just ask I'm not afraid to talk about it. The thing about the psychiatrist that scares me is they keep offering me medicine and I refuse to take it because 1. They don't know what I have 2) Those pills are dangerous and have seriously messed people up permanently.

I know my situation isn't the best but I don't want it to be worse so I ask what natural ways they have of coping with people that have similar symptoms to mine.

This is the problem. You don't want to change what you do because it's too much work for you. You don't like your current situation but you've done very little to change it. You've known for over a year that you have bad hygiene but you've admitted that you haven't done anything to correct it. A shrink can't clean you up, you have to make the effort and stop grasping for reasons for why you're not succeeding in life, you made the decisions to put you where you are at.

Step 1 - Buy comic.

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit

Step 2 - Sell comic

If the guy only made $5 so far he would be smoking him as Gabe is $1100 In the hole. Now he's going to only be using $11 per week to flip comics...If this were a boxing match it would've been called a TKO by now.

Wrong

The commission never would have approved the fight to begin with. Wouldn't have passed all the health screenings

I agree to this as I never heard of this before and I make 11.25 a hour. So I keep doing this until I learn self control and have more spending money? I also have comics I bought before you suggested this idea just to let you know.

^^

You're going to flip comics on a budget of $11 per week?

Good luck with that.

Don't forget I also have my own comics to sell, I can find comics for others and 11 per week adds up to 44 per month and yes that's not awesome and will force me to make better decisions on what I buy because their are specs for cover price as well.

^^^^

And that's what it's all about!

Wean yourself off the flipping/spec focus and work more on the life-skills/personal habits.

He openly admits he can't control his emotions and impulses when it comes to spending money on comics.

He is extremely impulsive to the point where he buys a 8.0 thinking it's an 8.5.

He has thousands of dollars in the just past couple years worth of these mere "mistakes". And yet he keeps on making them and admits his problem.

Vegas thrives on people like that.

As others have pointed out - he CAN'T stop himself. He gets a rush from finding that "next great deal". When he's surfing the web looking for deals, is brain is probably acting just like a gambler watching for that next roll of the dice and thinking "If only I learn this game better, I'll win even more", all the while - he - keeps -making - huge - blunders... and all these blunders are because he can't control his impulses and his emotions.

So you can dismiss it as just being lazy - and that's your opinion. Just like a gambler or smoker or alcoholic is just too "lazy" to quit.

I'd never thought I'd see the day where you stood up for me like that... Thank you. I don't like how people dismiss addictions or mental problems as something as being "lazy" because they don't understand it and that's the simplest way to get rid of people.

I admitted that I have a problem and I'm doing things to fix that do you truly think someone that's lazy would do this?

Gabe, you may want to read that again. No one is standing up for you in this exchange. Those two are discussing semantics. One says you're an addict, the other says you're a lazy millennial. If you genuinely think he's standing up for you, you're essentially admitting to being a lazy millennial who wants to avoid hard work and only desires instant gratification.

And I've got to agree with JCJames in regards to where your focus should lie. It seems that 99% of your effort is spent trying to improve your ability to buy and sell comics and the other 1% is spent trying to improve other aspects of your life. That ratio should be flipped. In fact, if you dropped your effort spent on comics for even a year and devoted all your effort to investing in yourself and improving other aspects of your life that matter in far more substantial ways (job performance, business knowledge, math skill, hygiene, etc.), I GUARANTEE that when you resumed your comic practices in a year's time you'd be far better at it then than you are now.

That's a big reason my last few posts have ignored the comics side of things and have focused on trying to nudge you in the right direction in your working life. Fix that, and other things will fall into place. Please re-read my posts and put serious thought into them.

Gabe, you may want to read that again. No one is standing up for you in this exchange. Those two are discussing semantics. One says you're an addict, the other says you're a lazy millennial. If you genuinely think he's standing up for you, you're essentially admitting to being a lazy millennial who wants to avoid hard work and only desires instant gratification.

And I've got to agree with JCJames in regards to where your focus should lie. It seems that 99% of your effort is spent trying to improve your ability to buy and sell comics and the other 1% is spent trying to improve other aspects of your life. That ratio should be flipped. In fact, if you dropped your effort spent on comics for even a year and devoted all your effort to investing in yourself and improving other aspects of your life that matter in far more substantial ways (job performance, business knowledge, math skill, hygiene, etc.), I GUARANTEE that when you resumed your comic practices in a year's time you'd be far better at it then than you are now.

That's a big reason my last few posts have ignored the comics side of things and have focused on trying to nudge you in the right direction in your working life. Fix that, and other things will fall into place. Please re-read my posts and put serious thought into them.

EXACTLY!

It's not about buying/selling comics anymore - it's about helping him learn self-control and personal responsibility and how to control his impulses and emotions. (thumbs u

So Gabe, what is it? Mentor/life coach and/or professional working with you or no?

Dear Gabe,

You are (nearly) 24 years old. Time to grow up. This comic thing is not working for you. That's a fact.

You lack basic life skills and currently have little hope of becoming a responsible and independent adult based on your current trajectory. You have a bad habit of making superficial acknowledgements of your own failures. You always have plenty of excuses and seem to quit anything that is not “fun” (example: “don’t give many any of that hard work bull”) or feel you are not “respected”. This needs to change.

With your employment track record and only having high school (one year of a two year video game art diploma program means squat) and no trade skills and/or other skill sets to draw from, what kind of work do you hope to get?

To make a million dollars selling “bomics” is not realistic for you. The fact is it is not realistic for most people to make a comfortable living selling comics. You are $1100 in the hole after nearly 3 years of doing this and you would be even worse off had it not been for that generous boardie giving you a sweet “finder’s fee. You are now onto your next blunder, throwing good money after another bad decsion (ASM #129) that you will be lucky to break even on. Imagine if you had to maintain a roof over your own head, pay your own rent (yes, I know you pay rent now) but also utilities, groceries, transportation and everything else that comes with being independent? You simply could not in your current situation. Your parents are “subsidizing” you and you do not have a viable plan for the future. This is not a good path to success.

I highly recommend that you seek out professional help. As some have suggested, a professional life coach/mentor or and possibly other therapist, like a psychologist or even psychiatrist to help you address your learning and other issues. You need professional help and you need to listen and act on that advice.

I believe you are in the Niagara area. Try contacting the Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region. Apparently they also provide support to adults. At the very least it would be a starting point. If you are not in Niagara area, there is going to be something similar in nearly every region. Actively seek out help and resources. They are out there and no one is saying it will be easy, but you have to at least try.

You don’t have to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Start small. Focus on the basics of things you can change within yourself. Work on your attitude. Hygiene. Resilience. Work Ethic.

Finally, genuinely look for other real work. There is absolutely no reason a relatively healthy young man can’t work a 40 hour week. Leave that chip on your shoulder at home. If finding regular work is not going well, look into volunteering somewhere to make contacts and show employers you can stick to something and hopefully gain a positive reference. Volunteering may even lead to paid work.

Sidebar: You need to clean up your digital footprint. Not to get “political” but your constant postings of right-wing pro Trump memes/propaganda (you do realize you are Canadian and can’t vote for Trump right?) and anime heavy posts on Facebook should be scaled back. Your YouTube is a bit of a joke. There is a video where you can verbally hear you scoffing at a family member. Change the name of Your YouTube channel as someone else has suggested. Delete the voice acting . Also, fix up or take down your LinkedIn profile. It is a mess. Many employers and even volunteer administrators “Google” those who submit an application and you would likely get a big fat “pass” based on what they can easily find out about you online.

You flat out lack the experience, skill set and resources at this time to buy and sell comics successfully (barring some “miracle” ) so just stop before “dealing” in comics buries you. You can still collect, buy the odd smaller book, enjoy comics for the fun of it but genuinely focus on something that is real and achievable for you. Please don’t squander all the good advice you have received - You have received far more than you deserve to be honest – Or I fear that you are going to end up just another “lost soul”.

I know I have given you a hard time. I know I am probably coming across as a sanctimonious person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but I do hope you listen and act on the advice here and from any professional advice you may receive, but you probably won't so I leave you with a quote.

Godspeed.

I like quotes and yes I do realize I can't vote for Trump but I don't want politics messing with my journal. I'm getting help from a life coach and a psychiatrist and as for comics I just need to be smarter with what I do because I do learn from them whether you believe it or not I night make them two or three times but I do learn.

Gabe since WHEN did you actually start seeing a life coach and/or psychiatrist? Funny just a few days ago you mentioned that would be a good idea and now all of a sudden you have both?

It's not funny to me you never asked and I've had her for at least 6 months and the life coach three months you guys don't believe I'm making any changes so I thought it was pointless to mention until you brought it up,

Soooo...You have had a life coach for three months eh? Then why did you respond this way when it was brought up earlier just a few days ago?

Posted on 09/07/16

Sadly, nothing you say will ever stick with Gabe. He has been left to drift aimlessly by his parents, and to some degree ever teacher he has had (who knows. maybe someone did try and came to the same realization he is going to do his own thing regardless).

More than a job you need a mentor Gabe. It should be your parents, but I fear they themselves lack the skill set to help themselves, let alone another human being. Try to find someone who can help provide direction and structure.I am certain you lack both, and while it may be difficult at first, eventually you will develop good habits and a routine in your life. If not, I fear you will become another sad statistic.

Now that is some solid advice. I think a mentor is just the thing he needs, but it's got to be someone in person and not some well meaning internet buddies IMHO.

Which is it? You say you have had a life coach/mentor for the past three months when just a few days ago you said you were still looking for a person like that.

(shrug)

A few days ago you said you didn't have one. Now you are saying you have had one for the past three months...Just so we are clear now, you DO have paid professionals helping you. Is that right?

To clear things up one of them is paid and that's the life coach and the psychiatrist is in training but she's done two years of schooling and is honest with what I need to improve on with no sugar coating things.

Paid life coach...Is it through a counselling firm or service?

The psychiatrist is IN school and has two years of training? Something not adding up. In Canada to become a psychiatrsit you need about 10 to 12 years of post secondary education. First a BA in Science (usually) and then 4 years of medical school. Then specialize in Psychiatry...

Only a licensed Psychiatrist can issue meds...

Do you maybe have her specialty wrong?

I don't know. To me you keep seeing medical professionals until you can get an actual diagnosis.

Again things just not making sense...

Dear Gabe,

Godspeed.

Posted on 09/07/16

(shrug)

Paid life coach...Is it through a counselling firm or service?

The psychiatrist is IN school and has two years of training? Something not adding up. In Canada to become a psychiatrsit you need about 10 to 12 years of post secondary education. First a BA in Science (usually) and then 4 years of medical school. Then specialize in Psychiatry...

Only a licensed Psychiatrist can issue meds...

Do you maybe have her specialty wrong?

I don't know. To me you keep seeing medical professionals until you can get an actual diagnosis.

Again things just not making sense...

The life coach is a paid one through a service and I'm pretty sure she's a psychiatrist in training but will ask again, The one the offered me meds was licensed and finished school. The one that's giving me advice on things in the girl in training.

8 8