• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

How much do you think you can sell the ASM 101 for?

Around 60-75 dollars

:facepalm:

sold 1

sold 2

sold 3

all in that range --- all look a LOT better than your copy - BEFORE pink ink.......

I don't consider P@X as anything graded but yes you have a point, that only means I'll have to be patient.

Of course I realize that but I see that it's under-graded as imo.

What grade do you think it is? It looks to me like a 4.0 or so without the pink drawing on it, so I'd say Meeklo wasn't far off.

Yes I'm grading it as a 4.0/4.5 because I don't see anything in the grading guide that says otherwise

I'm not going to hold back on this post but do you have a freaking clue at all???? That book is not even close to a 4.0 WITHOUT THE PINK ALL OVER IT. You've been here for years and think that could possibly be a 4.0/4.5.

You don't have a clue how to grade at all. Without the pink it's a 2.5, 3.0 at best. It's a 1.8/2.0 with the pink.

Stop wasting your money. Sell video games or stick to graded books, but you sir have no idea how to grade. If I got that book in a collection I'd put it out for $5.00.

Jim

I wouldn't buy that ASM 101 for 5 dollars,its got pink crayon all over it. :P

You changed your profile pic. Yes it does but I was willing to buy it for 30 because I will flip it and after all compared to what's on ebay now it will be the most affordable copy there.

What grade do you think it is? It looks to me like a 4.0 or so without the pink drawing on it, so I'd say Meeklo wasn't far off.

Yes I'm grading it as a 4.0/4.5 because I don't see anything in the grading guide that says otherwise

I'm not going to hold back on this post but do you have a freaking clue at all???? That book is not even close to a 4.0 WITHOUT THE PINK ALL OVER IT. You've been here for years and think that could possibly be a 4.0/4.5.

You don't have a clue how to grade at all. Without the pink it's a 2.5, 3.0 at best. It's a 1.8/2.0 with the pink.

Stop wasting your money. Sell video games or stick to graded books, but you sir have no idea how to grade. If I got that book in a collection I'd put it out for $5.00.

Jim

I'm not you and also unlike you I don't value this comic at $5 nor give it a 1.8/2.0 grade. But since you're so stuck on the 2.5/3.0 grade tell me what makes it like that? What structurally do you possibly see that I don't?

Jim

I agree that with the substantial writing on the cover this grades out to be a 1.8, 2.0 at the most. Gabe, you really need to reconsider this a side job or whatever you call it because you are not only a horrible business person but you clearly do not know what you're doing.

Around 60-75 dollars

sold 1

sold 2

sold 3

all in that range --- all look a LOT better than your copy - BEFORE pink ink.......

I don't consider P@X as anything graded but yes you have a point, that only means I'll have to be patient.

Examine the P@X book - structurally it is in MUCH better shape than the one you just bought - not including the VERY LARGE BLEMISH OF PINK INK.

P@X or not - this is what you say you will be trying to sell your book for,,,,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-101-Oct-1971-Marvel-1ST-MORBIUS-MID-GRADE-/302110448123?hash=item46572f99fb:g:~2wAAOSw8gVYBDKB

MCS has one in better shape - for 79

and a VG for 90.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-101-VG-3-5-1st-apperance-of-Morbius-/122072685702?hash=item1c6c195c86:g:jGoAAOSwt7ZXo9wM

this one is probably more of a 2.5-3.0 - but no big pink blemish

You should be patient with your purchases - not your sales.

This means that you overpaid again for a book you somehow though was going to flip for double what you paid. . This research is not that difficult to do.

Edited by W16227

Jim

I agree that with the substantial writing on the cover this grades out to be a 1.8, 2.0 at the most. Gabe, you really need to reconsider this a side job or whatever you call it because you are not only a horrible business person but you clearly do not know what you're doing.

I disagree I may not be perfect at grading but I'm not terrible at it as you say. When I come across these things I still struggle deciding what grade they are but if if has common defects then I don't. You call it writing and I'm calling it something else maybe that's why we're apart on the grades.

Jim

I disagree I may not be perfect at grading but I'm not terrible at it as you say. When I come across these things I still struggle deciding what grade they are but if if has common defects then I don't. You call it writing and I'm calling it something else maybe that's why we're apart on the grades.

You don't know what you're doing unless someone guides you along and even then you find ways to screw things up. If you don't call that substantial writing then what do you call it?

Jim

I'm not you and also unlike you I don't value this comic at $5 nor give it a 1.8/2.0 grade. But since you're so stuck on the 2.5/3.0 grade tell me what makes it like that? What structurally do you possibly see that I don't?

Without the pink I would grade it a 4.5. However, this book is covered in pink ink and even has the word "SLAP" written in pink. You're not going to be able to sell this book for $60. If you had a store and could put it up on display with a price tag of $50 you might have someone buy it based on impulse. You're not going to sell that book online for what you want to get.

Around 60-75 dollars

sold 1

sold 2

sold 3

Examine the P@X book - structurally it is in MUCH better shape than the one you just bought - not including the VERY LARGE BLEMISH OF PINK INK.

P@X or not - this is what you say you will be trying to sell your book for,,,,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-101-Oct-1971-Marvel-1ST-MORBIUS-MID-GRADE-/302110448123?hash=item46572f99fb:g:~2wAAOSw8gVYBDKB

MCS has one in better shape - for 79

and a VG for 90.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-101-VG-3-5-1st-apperance-of-Morbius-/122072685702?hash=item1c6c195c86:g:jGoAAOSwt7ZXo9wM

this one is probably more of a 2.5-3.0 - but no big pink blemish

You should be patient with your purchases - not your sales.

This means that you overpaid again for a book you somehow though was going to flip for double what you paid. . This research is not that difficult to do.

I did do the research before I bought the comic but there's still one thing left, the fact that we're apart on grades because you say it lowers it from that much all the way to a 1.8/2.0? The pink coloring?

Jim

no matter what you call it - the book has pink ink all over the cover. Several locations. Lots of it. Stands out like a sore thumb. This is bone-crushing to the grade - and to the desirability of the book.

This book is pretty common - and not a big first appearance by any means.

I hope you at least got a deal on shipping...........

Jim

You don't know what you're doing unless someone guides you along and even then you find ways to screw things up. If you don't call that substantial writing then what do you call it?

I call it amateur color touch and I've graded it at what I feel it is.

Jim

no matter what you call it - the book has pink ink all over the cover. Several locations. Lots of it. Stands out like a sore thumb. This is bone-crushing to the grade - and to the desirability of the book.

This book is pretty common - and not a big first appearance by any means.

I hope you at least got a deal on shipping...........

No I didn't get a deal on shipping and I'll copy and paste what it says so you understand why I'm saying it

Jim

:roflmao:

Ok, let's go with that. So you have a 4.0 SA in your grading world. What's your estimated value of a VG, and what discount do you apply for the resto?

You know what? Put me on the 'out' list. Sayonara.

Edited by AJD

Jim

in less than 10 minutes - I was able to find three books that sold in the price range you think you can "flip " this for - and all were better than your book without the ink.

I was also able to find a couple in this range for sale - that are better.

Exactly what research are you doing? - what I was able to do - required ZERO grading skillz - just being able to compare was enough to see that this is not a flipping opportunity.

8 8