• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

This is not a good business model.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

For which comic?

In general.

I never heard of that series. Would that be a hype book I can pay GPA high for and then get really upset when people tell me it was yet another in a long line of mistakes?

Can I then say I am learning and then later in the week rinse and repeat?

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

For which comic?

In general.

I never heard of that series. Would that be a hype book I can pay GPA high for and then get really upset when people tell me it was yet another in a long line of mistakes?

Yes. The series "In General" will explode right after they make a big announcement at last weeks NYCC.

And then you can buy it and profit.

I'm going out an rent Ground Hog Day, and just keep watching it over and over until I get it. :banana:

The Ground Hog did it, in the Library with the lead pipe.

Can he beat me over the head with it until this thread makes some sense. :wishluck:

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

I've been thinking this way my whole life with emotions so forgive me if I don't magically change overnight. Also you want to talk about the DV 3? Ok I made a mistake I bought it on hype when my friend told me to buy it three days earlier.

My ASM 101 I don't view as a mistake but my mistake was over-grading it and thinking I can more money then I actually will.

My bat 189 isn't a mistake a all in my eyes but you see it that way because it's a restored comic and I could have done better by buying a graded copy.

So don't worry when I sell them I'll post the results here I'll promise you that.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Yes. The series "In General" will explode right after they make a big announcement at last weeks NYCC.

That was my mistake wait till Halloween or FCBD

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Will I be buying it for the sizzle or the steak?

:takeit:

Here's a listing I want to bring your attention to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-189-VF-7-5-RESTORED-/131952560985?hash=item1eb8fc4b59:g:WmQAAOSw4shX6oi4

It's a 7.5 raw restored for 410 BIN

Now if I put up my copy that's 7.0 R that's already graded for 275 OBO what do you think has a better chance of selling?

This is like the asm 7 example except now I have the advantage

sigh, you really have no clue.

Did you read the auction text? Look closely at the scan? Realize who the seller is?

It's being offered by mycomicshop. They're known for under grading and realize extraordinary results on many of their auctions - look at the scan, it's a nice looking book. It's also a consignment item where the price is set by the consignee. There's no guarantee it will sell for it's asking price

You should be basing your likely return on sold items, sold by sellers with reputations more similar to yours.

I know who they are and their reputation To me it doesn't matter who they are I want comparable listings not going by reputation if that were true I wouldn't get very far.

You're comparison is flawed. Bidders are gonna assume this book is an 8.5 to 9.0 because of the seller's reputation and you're not factoring that into your 'analysis'. Also, the price is set by the consignee and is unlikely to sell at that price.

You should base your comparisons on sold books, sold by sellers with reputations similar to yours.

I wouldn't get very far.

That's the point. You're not getting far, you're losing money and you'll continue to lose money.

That level of thinking is flawed as well who think their gonna get a 8.5/9.0 from a comic that's graded a 7.5. Also what good will comparing myself to others like me? I compare to this that have similar comics to mine in terms of grade and value.

How can you not understand this? mycomicshop under consistently grades and buyers do believe they'll get books that are higher grade than the grade mycomicshop assigned. Buyers will indeed bid a 7.5 like it's a 8.5 knowing mycomicshop's reputation. You do not have a similar reputation and your comparison is flawed.

eh, why bother. you're not really listening and even if you were you couldn't understand rational advice.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

I've been thinking this way my whole life with emotions so forgive me if I don't magically change overnight. Also you want to talk about the DV 3? Ok I made a mistake I bought it on hype when my friend told me to buy it three days earlier.

My ASM 101 I don't view as a mistake but my mistake was over-grading it and thinking I can more money then I actually will.

My bat 189 isn't a mistake a all in my eyes but you see it that way because it's a restored comic and I could have done better by buying a graded copy.

So don't worry when I sell them I'll post the results here I'll promise you that.

I'm not worried, it's not my money. (shrug)

Ah, I misread this...he already had a Bats 189 with resto....

What you would be saying would be correct if I was getting the CT removed.

I thought you were thinking of buying the Bats 189 on MCS with light CT at $415.

I see now that you paid $130 shipped for a cgc 7.0 PLOD.

That still is not a good buy, you'll have to wait a year to make a decent profit on it, that's insane.

A cgc 7.0 with CT+ trimming did sell for $225 recently, but that is an outlier sale.That slab sold for $225 , and it sold for $95, a month before it was sold again at $225.

Ah, I misread this...he already had a Bats 189 with resto....

What you would be saying would be correct if I was getting the CT removed.

I thought you were thinking of buying the Bats 189 on MCS with light CT at $415.

I see now that you paid $130 shipped for a cgc 7.0 PLOD.

That still is not a good buy, you'll have to wait a year to make a decent profit on it, that's insane.

A cgc 7.0 with CT+ trimming did sell for $225 recently, but that is an outlier sale.That slab sold for $225 , and it sold for $95, a month before it was sold again at $225.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see myself waiting that long to sell it maybe four months max

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

I'm not worried, it's not my money. (shrug)

No but it is you saying it's a mistake so I'll show you it wasn't

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Absolutely! Although, as you say, you are getting better at this (even though we might not believe it), so given that, I don't think it will take you a whole week to screw up again. Three or four days, maybe, but definitely not a whole week! (thumbs u

I'm going out an rent Ground Hog Day, and just keep watching it over and over until I get it. :banana:

Oakman says it was Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

Now I don't know which to believe. hm

I always hated clue

I always hated clue

That's probably because you've never had one.

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

Absolutely! Although, as you say, you are getting better at this (even though we might not believe it), so given that, I don't think it will take you a whole week to screw up again. Three or four days, maybe, but definitely not a whole week! (thumbs u

I'll show you.

8 8