• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

This is not a good business model.

That's not my business model. My business model is to buy comics and sell for a profit. But there are times where I overprice them to see if there will be any bites or to make up for a mistake of mine or test out the market if data is old.

You may not believe it's your business model, but that's what it boils down to.

You're currently in the hole over $1000 after 2 1/2 years using your current business model. You make 1 good deal and then make 3 poor deals.

Whatever you believe to be your current business model is not working well.

You are not going to corner the market in written on / restored krap that nobody wants.

You are a sellers dream in that you buy junk at GPA highs that no one else will buy.

You're correct over the past 2 1/2 years I've been nothing but impulsive and making bad choices that's not to say I don't make any but they're becoming less frequent.

you believe that I'm making a mistake with the bat 189 and the asm 101 and I don't. Once I'll sell them I'll bring them here and you know I have nothing to hide.

The mistakes are not less frequent. Out of your last 4 deals, only 1 has been good and the other 3 are not, everyone in this thread knows this except you.

Do you remember how fervently you defended your "non emotional" decision to buy the DV3 9.8? How we were all wrong and you ( and your Facebook friend ) were right?

Why is this any different?

Well for one it wasn't a emotional or impulsive buy I did my research on it. The asm 101 was based on my incorrect knowledge of what grade it should be however I know that by waiting I will make my money and this was a cheap buy. The bat 189 is the same thing except much better because it's a high grade key, silver age and sought after.

Written on krap and restored krap is still krap. These are deals that if you make any money off of them it will be minimal at best and the turnaround will not be quick.

Your research was bad, everyone knows this but you.

Just curious...would rather that we just shut up and read your journal?

I assume that you would want advice and feedback, but it never seems to have any effect.

So would you prefer that we just observe your journey in the world of comic flipping and not participate?

I want advice and feedback but I don't like every-time I see something differently I get chewed out for it. When I'm overpaying for something then yes but when I see potential you guys don't.

I did my research and I know it's not exactly what you would base it on but I'm getting a feel for the market and looking on ebay

For example The hulk 180 5.0 I priced it fairly as was the advice by a few boardies so we'll see how quickly or not it will sell.

So case in point you guys don't give the chances to comics I do yes most blow up in my face but in my eyes I only overpaid for the dv 3 and asm 129 recently.

Have you ever seen the TV show Fantasy Island or played the game Candy Land?

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

That's not my business model. My business model is to buy comics and sell for a profit. But there are times where I overprice them to see if there will be any bites or to make up for a mistake of mine or test out the market if data is old.

You're currently in the hole over $1000 after 2 1/2 years using your current business model. You make 1 good deal and then make 3 poor deals.

You are not going to corner the market in written on / restored krap that nobody wants.

You are a sellers dream in that you buy junk at GPA highs that no one else will buy.

You're correct over the past 2 1/2 years I've been nothing but impulsive and making bad choices that's not to say I don't make any but they're becoming less frequent.

you believe that I'm making a mistake with the bat 189 and the asm 101 and I don't. Once I'll sell them I'll bring them here and you know I have nothing to hide.

The mistakes are not less frequent. Out of your last 4 deals, only 1 has been good and the other 3 are not, everyone in this thread knows this except you.

Do you remember how fervently you defended your "non emotional" decision to buy the DV3 9.8? How we were all wrong and you ( and your Facebook friend ) were right?

Well for one it wasn't a emotional or impulsive buy I did my research on it. The asm 101 was based on my incorrect knowledge of what grade it should be however I know that by waiting I will make my money and this was a cheap buy. The bat 189 is the same thing except much better because it's a high grade key, silver age and sought after.

Written on krap and restored krap is still krap. These are deals that if you make any money off of them it will be minimal at best and the turnaround will not be quick.

I assume that you would want advice and feedback, but it never seems to have any effect.

So would you prefer that we just observe your journey in the world of comic flipping and not participate?

I want advice and feedback but I don't like every-time I see something differently I get chewed out for it. When I'm overpaying for something then yes but when I see potential you guys don't.

I did my research and I know it's not exactly what you would base it on but I'm getting a feel for the market and looking on ebay

For example The hulk 180 5.0 I priced it fairly as was the advice by a few boardies so we'll see how quickly or not it will sell.

So case in point you guys don't give the chances to comics I do yes most blow up in my face but in my eyes I only overpaid for the dv 3 and asm 129 recently.

No but I loved playing monopoly

I'm not making fun.

I, like most others, just cannot comprehend how, after being given so much advice, you still do the total opposite and are certain you are right, and we are wrong.

The "pink variant", a crappy condition, small time key at best is the perfect example.

The problem that you have, and I mean this with honesty, not spite, is that you quite simply are just too damn lazy to do the work required.

How many op-shpos have you been to this month?

Deceased estate sales?

Garage sales?

Church fetes?

Do you run a wanted to buy ad?

Have you written up a small ad on Microsoft word, copied it x 500 and dropped it into your neighbours post boxes?

All the above cost cents, but can lead you to a big old box of goodies.

Doesn't matter who tells you how to get better - you just keep on keepin on, with the same old results.

You fluked on with the Hulk #180, then blew every single cent of profit with 2 bad buys.

You are still $1100 back in the hole, but you just will not see it.

I'm off to work (full-time) and I'm looking at a collection after work. Same as last weekend.

You?

PS4 and a doobie?

The problem is with you, and you willfully decide to keep it that way.

And that's the truth wether you like it or not.

No but I loved playing monopoly

:facepalm:

I'm not making fun.

I, like most others, just cannot comprehend how, after being given so much advice, you still do the total opposite and are certain you are right, and we are wrong.

The "pink variant", a crappy condition, small time key at best is the perfect example.

The problem that you have, and I mean this with honesty, not spite, is that you quite simply are just too damn lazy to do the work required.

How many op-shpos have you been to this month?

Deceased estate sales?

Garage sales?

Church fetes?

Do you run a wanted to buy ad?

Have you written up a small ad on Microsoft word, copied it x 500 and dropped it into your neighbours post boxes?

All the above cost cents, but can lead you to a big old box of goodies.

Doesn't matter who tells you how to get better - you just keep on keepin on, with the same old results.

You fluked on with the Hulk #180, then blew every single cent of profit with 2 bad buys.

You are still $1100 back in the hole, but you just will not see it.

I'm off to work (full-time) and I'm looking at a collection after work. Same as last weekend.

You?

PS4 and a doobie?

The problem is with you, and you willfully decide to keep it that way.

And that's the truth wether you like it or not.

I've been to the church sales twice this week, thrift shops three times and comic book shops 5 times this weeks so far at one. I already told people at the church sales to contact me if they find any comics and I don't trust the thrift shops to do that. I put up ads on facebook groups that are local

People rips flyers off where you put them I don't know if it's out of anger or not.

The Batman 189 was not a better buy, it's just a more expensive mistake. A 7.0 is not high grade, it's the high end of mid grade and its restored to boot. That book is not rare or hard to find, and just because someone else is trying to get more from their copy than it's worth doesn't mean that anyone else is dumb enough to overpay for your copy. Once you factor in shipping costs, you'll be lucky to break even on that book, even if you place zero value on your time.

The Batman 189 was not a better buy, it's just a more expensive mistake. A 7.0 is not high grade, it's the high end of mid grade and its restored to boot. That book is not rare or hard to find, and just because someone else is trying to get more from their copy than it's worth doesn't mean that anyone else is dumb enough to overpay for your copy. Once you factor in shipping costs, you'll be lucky to break even on that book, even if you place zero value on your time.

If Gabe buys the Bats 189, he stands to lose about $200-$350.

The books is a /would get a cgc 8.5 IMO as is, PLOD.

The resto is listed as " light color touch".

It will cost what...$40 to have the CT removed.I don't see any point in pressing it, looks like it won't het a bump from dry cleaning/pressing.More than likely it has already been DCP'd-it looks very vlean and I'd say it's already been DCP'd.

So, let's put CT removal, shipping to/from CGC and slabbing costs at $100.

With minor CT, post removal...expect anywhere from a 7.0 to an 8.0, depends on how "minor" the CT is.

GPA for blue is $359 in 8.0, $315 at 7.5 and $270 in 7.0.

Best case scenario, it is a tiny, single spot of CT and the book subsequently gets an 8.0....last sale at $359 in 8.0 , so ....he gets $359 or so.The book isn't tied into any upcoming movies, no reason to think it will trend upwards or sell quickly at $359.

Call it $300, after fees.

At the best case scenario, he loses $200, that is if it gets an 8.0.

With CT on a datk cover, after it is scsped off, if there is more than a tiny smidge, it stands out like Hell.

2 tiny s apes, it's a 7.0 maybe 7.5.

It could have as much as 2-3 larger scrapes after the CT is removed..

could come back as low as a 6.0.

This is a prime reason how/why if you dot know how to grade, you should not try to be a flipper/dealer.

And another reason why any dealer should know how to detect resto, be capable of removing CT, and be capable of dry cleaning& pressing books.A dealer should also have a gradp on the nature of the comic market.

Gabe is at a loss on all of the qualities needed to buy/sell books.

If Gabe buys the Bats 189, he stands to lose about $200-$350.

The books is a /would get a cgc 8.5 IMO as is, PLOD.

The resto is listed as " light color touch".

It will cost what...$40 to have the CT removed.I don't see any point in pressing it, looks like it won't het a bump from dry cleaning/pressing.More than likely it has already been DCP'd-it looks very vlean and I'd say it's already been DCP'd.

So, let's put CT removal, shipping to/from CGC and slabbing costs at $100.

With minor CT, post removal...expect anywhere from a 7.0 to an 8.0, depends on how "minor" the CT is.

GPA for blue is $359 in 8.0, $315 at 7.5 and $270 in 7.0.

Best case scenario, it is a tiny, single spot of CT and the book subsequently gets an 8.0....last sale at $359 in 8.0 , so ....he gets $359 or so.The book isn't tied into any upcoming movies, no reason to think it will trend upwards or sell quickly at $359.

Call it $300, after fees.

At the best case scenario, he loses $200, that is if it gets an 8.0.

With CT on a datk cover, after it is scsped off, if there is more than a tiny smidge, it stands out like Hell.

2 tiny s apes, it's a 7.0 maybe 7.5.

It could have as much as 2-3 larger scrapes after the CT is removed..

could come back as low as a 6.0.

This is a prime reason how/why if you dot know how to grade, you should not try to be a flipper/dealer.

And another reason why any dealer should know how to detect resto, be capable of removing CT, and be capable of dry cleaning& pressing books.A dealer should also have a gradp on the nature of the comic market.

Gabe is at a loss on all of the qualities needed to buy/sell books.

I'm not as a loss I don't know why you keep counting it as such. You also seem to think that every dealer should know how to detect resto,be able to remove it and be capable of dry pressing and cleaning books. So tell apart from those select few tell me which dealers can do that. No I'm not thinking of removing the color touch either.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

The Greater Fool Theory.

I think that theory only applies if you can find one. In the OPs case, it's highly unlikely.

For which comic?

The Greater Fool Theory.

For which comic?

In general.

(I apparently have still not figured out how to post youtube videos)

You need to try harder and not make excuses.

Don't let your emotions be a reason for not figuring out how to post Youtube videos.

Study the methods others have used to successfully post YouTube videos.

Have you met with a guidance counselor who will aide you learning how to post YouTube videos?

lol You win the internet!

:sorry:

FTFY

- when using embed youtube ---- check the "MARKUP" area befoire you post ( pull down menu below the text box) ---- the code will not work if UBBCode is selected. It has to be HTML and UBBCode ---- or just HTML

(thumbs u

8 8