• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Well since most of you are so adamant about it

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

No emotion there, just pure logic.

I thought you agreed you would stop buying these stupid books?

You're so quick to spend energy on defending these bad decisions.

You would be better served to spend that same energy on market research.

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day?

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

Profit margins shouldn't get smaller on smaller books, they should get larger. You should buy $10 to sell them for $20-30, not $108 restored books to sell them for $135.

I seriously don't know why I'm bothering. You're just going to do whatever you're going to do, obviously.

I see what you mean and I will be aiming to sell the bat 189 for 200- 225 if I can manage it.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day?

Never heard of it.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Profit margins shouldn't get smaller on smaller books, they should get larger. You should buy $10 to sell them for $20-30, not $108 restored books to sell them for $135.

I seriously don't know why I'm bothering. You're just going to do whatever you're going to do, obviously.

I see what you mean and I will be aiming to sell the bat 189 for 200- 225 if I can manage it.

Hope is not a strategy.

I Going to overcharge must customers just to prove you guys wrong. :preach:

On the batman 189 I'm not overcharging on it and compared to what's on ebay no it will be a no brainer

The asm 101 will be overcharging by a bit and that's because I like the cover and I believe I can find a market for it.

Why don't you share with the class your marketing strategy for this book?

It's not my place to share the information, but I would be interested to see what everyone else thinks of it.

Here's a listing I want to bring your attention to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-189-VF-7-5-RESTORED-/131952560985?hash=item1eb8fc4b59:g:WmQAAOSw4shX6oi4

It's a 7.5 raw restored for 410 BIN

Now if I put up my copy that's 7.0 R that's already graded for 275 OBO what do you think has a better chance of selling?

This is like the asm 7 example except now I have the advantage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-189-VF-7-5-RESTORED-/131952560985?hash=item1eb8fc4b59:g:WmQAAOSw4shX6oi4

Now if I put up my copy that's 7.0 R that's already graded for 275 OBO what do you think has a better chance of selling?

Please write this down: Asking prices are not market prices. If they were, the book would have sold by now. BIN prices on eBay are almost always far above the actual market value of the book in question.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Hope is not a strategy.

It is and it will be pretty successful imo and of course I will be happy to share results.

No way does your book come close to selling for that much.

Basing your sales data on the ridiculous consignment prices that people ask for when they cosign through MCS is not a wise move. FYI

Please write this down: Asking prices are not market prices. If they were, the book would have sold by now.

I should have been clearer. With my comic compared to this one regardless of what the fmv is for this comic what do you think will be sold faster? My copy of the one by MCS?

No way does your book some close to selling for that much.

Basing your sales data on the ridiculous consignment prices that people ask for when they cosign through MCS is not a wise move. FYI

My point isn't to sell it for that amount, it's to make more people see my copy as the better and more affordable choice when you compare the two.

Please write this down: Asking prices are not market prices. If they were, the book would have sold by now.

I should have been clearer. With my comic compared to this one regardless of what the fmv is for this comic what do you think will be sold faster? My copy of the one by MCS?

Why do you ask questions when you will ultimately use mental gymnastics to produce the answers you want?

I'm so out this time. I'm not even going to make the mistake of reading this exercise in futility anymore. I think I can read without getting involved, but it is just too difficult not to comment when you continue to do the same stupid things over and over despite your promises to stop doing the same things over and over.

Seriously. Out.

No way does your book some close to selling for that much.

My point isn't to sell it for that amount, it's to make more people see my copy as the better and more affordable choice when you compare the two.

My point is that hope is not a strategy.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Hope is not a strategy.

It is and it will be pretty successful imo and of course I will be happy to share results.

I honestly try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you just said...

:facepalm: +1000

sigh, you really have no clue.

Did you read the auction text? Look closely at the scan? Realize who the seller is?

It's being offered by mycomicshop. They're known for under grading and realize extraordinary results on many of their auctions - look at the scan, it's a nice looking book. It's also a consignment item where the price is set by the consignee. There's no guarantee it will sell for it's asking price

You should be basing your likely return on sold items, sold by sellers with reputations more similar to yours.

(I apparently have still not figured out how to post youtube videos)

You need to try harder and not make excuses.

Don't let your emotions be a reason for not figuring out how to post Youtube videos.

Study the methods others have used to successfully post YouTube videos.

Have you met with a guidance counselor who will aide you learning how to post YouTube videos?

sigh, you really have no clue.

Did you read the auction text? Look closely at the scan? Realize who the seller is?

It's being offered by mycomicshop. They're known for under grading and realize extraordinary results on many of their auctions - look at the scan, it's a nice looking book. It's also a consignment item where the price is set by the consignee. There's no guarantee it will sell for it's asking price

You should be basing your likely return on sold items, sold by sellers with reputations more similar to yours.

I know who they are and their reputation To me it doesn't matter who they are I want comparable listings not going by reputation if that were true I wouldn't get very far.

Edited by uchiha101

8 8