• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I thought you were cautioned about buying restored books? The last 7.0 restored book sold in 2009 for $105 USD. The one with a trimmed cover sold for $95. What is the resto on your book? How will you make money on this?

Actually I did research on this.

I saw the sale of the 7.0 Trimmed in July 2016 for $95

The 7.0 SA for $105 2009

What I compared it to is the 7.5 restored in August 2015 for $225

CGC Universal 7.0

sold for $270 in July 2016

A 7.5 sold for $314

Also I took a look at ebay and compared it The 7.0 for 420 and 375 OBO

A Trimmed comic losses about 75-90% of it's value

A restored comic with color touch looses about 50% of it's value

So going by that math even half of 375 would be $187.50 and since I also see people watching the copies that are on now they are waiting for a cheaper copy so the least I would take it $200

I thought you were cautioned about buying restored books? The last 7.0 restored book sold in 2009 for $105 USD. The one with a trimmed cover sold for $95. What is the resto on your book? How will you make money on this?

The 7.0 SA for $105 2009

CGC Universal 7.0

A 7.5 sold for $314

So going by that math even half of 375 would be $187.50 and since I also see people watching the copies that are on now they are waiting for a cheaper copy so the least I would take it $200

Who gives a what people are trying to sell books for on Ebay? GPA for a 7.0 is $270. No one is going to pay $200 for a purple when they can pay $270 for a blue. By your own logic, the purple label book is worth around $135. Why would you risk $108 in capital for a $135 sale?

Reading this thread is like hitting yourself in the nuts with a kettlebell. Do some research on that.

The 7.0 SA for $105 2009

CGC Universal 7.0

A 7.5 sold for $314

Who gives a what people are trying to sell books for on Ebay? GPA for a 7.0 is $270. No one is going to pay $200 for a purple when they can pay $270 for a blue. By your own logic, the purple label book is worth around $135. Why would you risk $108 in capital for a $135 sale?

Reading this thread is like hitting yourself in the nuts with a kettlebell. Do some research on that.

It's a comic that isn't for sale often in higher grades that means that you can dictate somewhat what the market will become. Also if people are so ready to pay that much for a blue label why haven't they made a offer yet on the 375 OBO listing? I'll answer that and thus is my opinion. They're waiting for them to lower the price are wait for a cheaper copy.

I know that I can sell it for more then 135 which is why I bought it and I'm not using the logic of the last gpa sale but of what people are asking for it on ebay, I know it's not the way you would do it but that's how I'm doing it. Even if it would be worth 135 I would ask 185 for it.

Comics Purchased

Batman 189 CGC 7.0 Restored Paid $108usd

Moon girl and devil dinosaur #1 x2 Paid $1.70 each

1st Silver-Age Scarecrow? In 7.0 and a purple label? Take it out of the label - would you pay $108 for a upper mid grade copy of that book with color touch? Not really a growth potential type book or a big in demand book which would prompt someone to buy the slab over the book on top of it. Another break even book at best.

Yikes - $135 with shipping. Even if you get extremely lucky and sell it for $180 it better be a in-person sale since the 10% off the top will net you what - $30 bucks. That's like betting on a huge underdog and only getting a small profit if it comes in. The only way a underdog is worthwhile is if you get a huge profit when it breaks the odds. Go on Cheese's sales thread and buy up some of his nice looking Power Man or other books and you will have a much better chance of making some money over restored or coverless books.

Edited by 1Cool

I'm not using the logic of the last gpa sale but of what people are asking for it on ebay, I know it's not the way you would do it but that's how I'm doing it. Even if it would be worth 135 I would ask 185 for it.

And here you have it, after everyone's advice for 400 thread pages. Kettlebell to the nuts indeed.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

After that statement why would anyone give you any more advice? Time to let you figure this out on your own,

Edited by mysterio

Comics Purchased

1st Silver-Age Scarecrow? In 7.0 and a purple label? Take it out of the label - would you pay $108 for a upper mid grade copy of that book with color touch? Not really a growth potential type book or a big in demand book which would prompt someone to buy the slab over the book on top of it. Another break even book at best.

Yikes - $135 with shipping. Even if you get extremely lucky and sell it for $180 it better be a in-person sale since the 10% off the top will net you what - $30 bucks. That's like betting on a huge underdog and only getting a small profit if it comes in. The only way a underdog is worthwhile is if you get a huge profit when it breaks the odds. Go on Cheese's sales thread and buy up some of his nice looking Power Man or other books and you will have a much better chance of making some money over restored or coverless books.

No if it were raw I would make a lower offer and prices have been going up for this comic in almost every grade. I actually paid 108 shipped for this comic.

Comics Purchased

Picking up aluminum cans for recycling value would net him more money than restored books purchased at new GPA highs.

Well since most of you are so adamant about it

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

No emotion there, just pure logic.

I thought you agreed you would stop buying these stupid books?

You're so quick to spend energy on defending these bad decisions.

You would be better served to spend that same energy on market research.

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

I'm not using the logic of the last gpa sale but of what people are asking for it on ebay, I know it's not the way you would do it but that's how I'm doing it. Even if it would be worth 135 I would ask 185 for it.

And here you have it, after everyone's advice for 400 thread pages. Kettlebell to the nuts indeed.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

After that statement why would anyone give you any more advice? Time to let you figure this out on your own,

Like I said it's not how most people will do it but I know I can sell it for a profit.

It's a comic that isn't for sale often in higher grades that means that you can dictate somewhat what the market will become.

I'm not using the logic of the last gpa sale but of what people are asking for it on ebay, I know it's not the way you would do it but that's how I'm doing it.

Gabe, these comments make me want to hug you into a million pieces.

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

It's a comic that isn't for sale often in higher grades that means that you can dictate somewhat what the market will become.

I'm not using the logic of the last gpa sale but of what people are asking for it on ebay, I know it's not the way you would do it but that's how I'm doing it.

Gabe, these comments make me want to hug you into a million pieces.

That doesn't sound good

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Like I said it's not how most people will do it but I know I can sell it for a profit.

How do you "know" this? What about your 80% loss rate makes you think your "business model" works?

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

Profit margins shouldn't get smaller on smaller books, they should get larger. You should buy $5-10 books to sell them for $20-30, not $108 restored books to sell them for $135.

I seriously don't know why I'm bothering. You're just going to do whatever you're going to do, obviously.

I Going to overcharge must customers just to prove you guys wrong. :preach:

On the batman 189 I'm not overcharging on it and compared to what's on ebay no it will be a no brainer

The asm 101 will be overcharging by a bit and that's because I like the cover and I believe I can find a market for it.

8 8