• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Here's a listing I want to bring your attention to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-189-VF-7-5-RESTORED-/131952560985?hash=item1eb8fc4b59:g:WmQAAOSw4shX6oi4

It's a 7.5 raw restored for 410 BIN

Now if I put up my copy that's 7.0 R that's already graded for 275 OBO what do you think has a better chance of selling?

This is like the asm 7 example except now I have the advantage

Please write this down: Asking prices are not market prices. If they were, the book would have sold by now.

I should have been clearer. With my comic compared to this one regardless of what the fmv is for this comic what do you think will be sold faster? My copy of the one by MCS?

Why do you ask questions when you will ultimately use mental gymnastics to produce the answers you want?

I'm so out this time. I'm not even going to make the mistake of reading this exercise in futility anymore. I think I can read without getting involved, but it is just too difficult not to comment when you continue to do the same stupid things over and over despite your promises to stop doing the same things over and over.

Seriously. Out.

Mental gymnastics? I asked you questions that I have the answers for but thanks.

Well since most of you are so adamant about it

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

No emotion there, just pure logic.

I thought you agreed you would stop buying these stupid books?

You're so quick to spend energy on defending these bad decisions.

You would be better served to spend that same energy on market research.

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

Profit margins shouldn't get smaller on smaller books, they should get larger. You should buy $10 to sell them for $20-30, not $108 restored books to sell them for $135.

I seriously don't know why I'm bothering. You're just going to do whatever you're going to do, obviously.

I see what you mean and I will be aiming to sell the bat 189 for 200- 225 if I can manage it.

Hope is not a strategy.

It is and it will be pretty successful imo and of course I will be happy to share results.

I honestly try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you just said...

:facepalm: +1000

My strategy is simple

1) Make it cheaper by comparison to others and add BIN and OBO to further entice people

May not make sense to you but it does for me.

(I apparently have still not figured out how to post youtube videos)

You need to try harder and not make excuses.

Don't let your emotions be a reason for not figuring out how to post Youtube videos.

Study the methods others have used to successfully post YouTube videos.

Have you met with a guidance counselor who will aide you learning how to post YouTube videos?

That wasn't my video though.

These are the two books that I can prove I can sell for a profit despite your thinking and yes it's a bold statement.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Why spend $100+ to "maybe" make $50? Why not spend $20-$50 to make $150-$200? It can be done, I know people who do this regularly.

That wasn't a stupid purchase and I even showed my work. I'm not opposed to buying smaller books if they can make me a profit.

Profit margins shouldn't get smaller on smaller books, they should get larger. You should buy $10 to sell them for $20-30, not $108 restored books to sell them for $135.

I seriously don't know why I'm bothering. You're just going to do whatever you're going to do, obviously.

I see what you mean and I will be aiming to sell the bat 189 for 200- 225 if I can manage it.

You'll be sitting on this book for years to hit that price.

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

Hope is not a strategy.

It is and it will be pretty successful imo and of course I will be happy to share results.

I honestly try to give you the benefit of the doubt, but what you just said...

:facepalm: +1000

My strategy is simple

1) Make it cheaper by comparison to others and add BIN and OBO to further entice people

May not make sense to you but it does for me.

It makes sense if you have books that people want, not boat anchors that are going to take a while to sell for minimal return.

Your way has not been successful for you, try another way.

I thought you were cautioned about buying restored books? The last 7.0 restored book sold in 2009 for $105 USD. The one with a trimmed cover sold for $95. What is the resto on your book? How will you make money on this?

Actually I did research on this.

I saw the sale of the 7.0 Trimmed in July 2016 for $95

The 7.0 SA for $105 2009

What I compared it to is the 7.5 restored in August 2015 for $225

CGC Universal 7.0

sold for $270 in July 2016

A 7.5 sold for $314

Also I took a look at ebay and compared it The 7.0 for 420 and 375 OBO

A Trimmed comic losses about 75-90% of it's value

A restored comic with color touch looses about 50% of it's value

So going by that math even half of 375 would be $187.50 and since I also see people watching the copies that are on now they are waiting for a cheaper copy so the least I would take it $200

Who gives a what people are trying to sell books for on Ebay? GPA for a 7.0 is $270. No one is going to pay $200 for a purple when they can pay $270 for a blue. By your own logic, the purple label book is worth around $135. Why would you risk $108 in capital for a $135 sale?

Reading this thread is like hitting yourself in the nuts with a kettlebell. Do some research on that.

I'm out on posting who's out

Folks say they are out and then continue to engage in this madness

An occasional generic statement is not "engaging".

I'm out and still out as far as giving any more advice.

But I still occasionally express reactions or general responses NOT directed to the OP in a general way without "engaging".

:cool:

(I apparently have still not figured out how to post youtube videos)

You need to try harder and not make excuses.

Don't let your emotions be a reason for not figuring out how to post Youtube videos.

Study the methods others have used to successfully post YouTube videos.

Have you met with a guidance counselor who will aide you learning how to post YouTube videos?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1940-189-VF-7-5-RESTORED-/131952560985?hash=item1eb8fc4b59:g:WmQAAOSw4shX6oi4

Now if I put up my copy that's 7.0 R that's already graded for 275 OBO what do you think has a better chance of selling?

sigh, you really have no clue.

Did you read the auction text? Look closely at the scan? Realize who the seller is?

It's being offered by mycomicshop. They're known for under grading and realize extraordinary results on many of their auctions - look at the scan, it's a nice looking book. It's also a consignment item where the price is set by the consignee. There's no guarantee it will sell for it's asking price

You should be basing your likely return on sold items, sold by sellers with reputations more similar to yours.

I know who they are and their reputation To me it doesn't matter who they are I want comparable listings not going by reputation if that were true I wouldn't get very far.

You're comparison is flawed. Bidders are gonna assume this book is an 8.5 to 9.0 because of the seller's reputation and you're not factoring that into your 'analysis'. Also, the price is set by the consignee and is unlikely to sell at that price.

You should base your comparisons on sold books, sold by sellers with reputations similar to yours.

I wouldn't get very far.

That's the point. You're not getting far, you're losing money and you'll continue to lose money.

I'm out on posting who's out

Folks say they are out and then continue to engage in this madness

It's like the American election. You know you'll probably feel better if you stay out of it, but when some people post things so unconscionably illogical and misguided which are actually against their own self interests but they for some reason are too dumb, its hard to hold back.

But then you think, "Do I need to comment? Its not like anyone is really dumb enough to believe this is the right way to think. Who does it really hurt, other than this OP, who is clearly irredeemable and possibly has some type of deficiency? But then again near a quarter of voters don't believe that a guy born in Hawaii with a WHITE MOTHER BORN IN KANSAS is an American."

If janet is out, I'm back in. But will not address the OP directly. I will only make references to pop culture thinly veiled metaphors as to the failure of the OP and reasons why the OP should quit (not reconfigure his strategy, not buy less, not be smarter, not budget, not think more/less, not be more/less emotional, but actually and completely QUIT attempting to flip collectibles). Even though the lack of analytical skills that prevent the OP from being successful is also the key factor that prevents him from understanding he should quit, which is a dangerous combination.

This is like Happy Gilmore (but without the big swing). Swinging wildly might get the puck going in the right direction once in a while, and some might think its admirable to keep taking hits and getting up, but Happy couldn't skate and therefore couldn't play hockey. And at some point its just a dude getting hit the chest by fastballs over and over and over.

#RIP TUBBS

ASM 101

BAT 189 CGC 7.0 R C1

You'll be sitting on this book for years to hit that price.

Maybe 2-4 months max

sigh, you really have no clue.

Did you read the auction text? Look closely at the scan? Realize who the seller is?

It's being offered by mycomicshop. They're known for under grading and realize extraordinary results on many of their auctions - look at the scan, it's a nice looking book. It's also a consignment item where the price is set by the consignee. There's no guarantee it will sell for it's asking price

You should be basing your likely return on sold items, sold by sellers with reputations more similar to yours.

I know who they are and their reputation To me it doesn't matter who they are I want comparable listings not going by reputation if that were true I wouldn't get very far.

You're comparison is flawed. Bidders are gonna assume this book is an 8.5 to 9.0 because of the seller's reputation and you're not factoring that into your 'analysis'. Also, the price is set by the consignee and is unlikely to sell at that price.

You should base your comparisons on sold books, sold by sellers with reputations similar to yours.

I wouldn't get very far.

That's the point. You're not getting far, you're losing money and you'll continue to lose money.

That level of thinking is flawed as well who think their gonna get a 8.5/9.0 from a comic that's graded a 7.5. Also what good will comparing myself to others like me? I compare to this that have similar comics to mine in terms of grade and value.

It seems like your whole business model is based on finding a bigger sucker than yourself.

This is not a good business model.

That's not my business model. My business model is to buy comics and sell for a profit. But there are times where I overprice them to see if there will be any bites or to make up for a mistake of mine or test out the market if data is old.

8 8