• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2023 at 1:33 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I quickly reviewed the comic books yesterday, July 17, and the one with the white piece of paper on the back cover was, I assume, re-slabbed (if you would) as the object is not there. I'll more carefully review the comic books and slabs later.

I will note that FedEx delivered the box to the house next door. My family and I barely know these folks as they very recently purchased the home. The FedEx driver apparently signed for the box, leaving it on the front porch of the house, because I was informed upon collecting the box, the neighbors alerted me when I arrived home, that no one by the name that was signed resides there. FedEx in my area, except for one driver, is dreadful in the extreme. Clearly the driver that delivered the box did not care in the slightest about the box/delivery, etc.

It's been slightly over a year since CGC implemented this 'only FedEx' rule. You'd think that with all the horror stories and complaints, they'd reconsider. But this is CGC afterall, so I'm sure this 'only FedEx' rule was all about money. And when it comes to these guys, money trumps all things. Your comics? Who gives a ... ?

On 7/18/2023 at 4:26 AM, Gaard said:

It's been slightly over a year since CGC implemented this 'only FedEx' rule. You'd think that with all the horror stories and complaints, they'd reconsider. But this is CGC afterall, so I'm sure this 'only FedEx' rule was all about money. And when it comes to these guys, money trumps all things. Your comics? Who gives a ... ?

Yes, FedEx is, to repeat, I'll write, 97.5% dreadful in my area. My next CGC package may be delivered ten blocks from my home. I may have to switch my delivery address, as some other board members have done, to, I believe, my local  Walgreens. Of course, FedEx may just deliver it to another Walgreens in my town or two towns away.

On 7/18/2023 at 5:27 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Yes, FedEx is, to repeat, I'll write, 97.5% dreadful in my area. My next CGC package may be delivered ten blocks from my home. I may have to switch my delivery address, as some other board members have done, to, I believe, my local  Walgreens. Of course, FedEx may just deliver it to another Walgreens in my town or two towns away.

Sorry to hear this. I would try the Walgreens option. 

3×7 inch FedUP Bumper Sticker (funny fedex over it political ...

On 7/18/2023 at 12:33 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I quickly reviewed the comic books yesterday, July 17, and the one with the white piece of paper on the back cover was, I assume, re-slabbed (if you would) as the object is not there. I'll more carefully review the comic books and slabs later.

I will note that FedEx delivered the box to the house next door. My family and I barely know these folks as they very recently purchased the home. The FedEx driver apparently signed for the box, leaving it on the front porch of the house, because I was informed upon collecting the box, the neighbors alerted me when I arrived home, that no one by the name that was signed resides there. FedEx in my area, except for one driver, is dreadful in the extreme. Clearly the driver that delivered the box did not care in the slightest about the box/delivery, etc.

I say it as much as I can - if a driver ever pulls this stunt and your items disappear, talk to the local police department about filing charges for mail fraud and forgery.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:33 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I can certainly empathize.  I remember receiving an e-mail that my CGC package had been delivered.  Thing is, if the Fed Ex person was here, my dogs would have started barking and I would have a package by the front door.  Neither of those things happened.  So I called the local delivery unit and asked what gives?  About an hour later I had my package.  The Fed Ex driver originally delivered it to an Auto Body shop just down the street.  Thankfully it was still unopened.  :facepalm:

Last sub delivered by FedEx was left at my apartment door and they did not have anyone sign. The one before, I had them go to the sketchiest Walgreens ever but it was fine. Going to probably do the Walgreens thing again because the drivers are completely unreliable with signing for packages. 

Apologies if I missed this subject covered elsewhere, but has CGC altered the way they're encapsulating GA books? 

I just got back 3 books from CGC (2 GA books and 1 SA book) and the 2 GA issues are lined up flush to the right edge of the slab, with what looks like a new type of inner well ... ???

On 7/18/2023 at 4:03 PM, Hibou said:

Apologies if I missed this subject covered elsewhere, but has CGC altered the way they're encapsulating GA books? 

I just got back 3 books from CGC (2 GA books and 1 SA book) and the 2 GA issues are lined up flush to the right edge of the slab, with what looks like a new type of inner well ... ???

:thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics:

Js I've got comic sized slabs back like that ie modern, but idk that it is a "new holder."  :cheers:

But pics of yours will help to compare! Here are mine pushed to the right edge of front, left edge of back, which is right!  Lol

4859794_Full_Obv.jpg

4859794_Full_Rev.jpg

@CGC Mike Has CGC figured out the root cause of labels getting swapped? It seems like its a recurring problem which of course begs the question why can't they fix it. Obviously there is a QC issue for not catching the issue on the back end, but why does it keep happening?

• Administrator
On 7/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, wombat said:

@CGC Mike Has CGC figured out the root cause of labels getting swapped? It seems like its a recurring problem which of course begs the question why can't they fix it. Obviously there is a QC issue for not catching the issue on the back end, but why does it keep happening?

I haven't discussed this with the team yet, but I will check and see what is/can be done to prevent this from happening.

On 7/18/2023 at 6:30 PM, Hibou said:

Sorry- just scanned them now and yes, that's exactly it.  :(

The other issue has the same type of inner holder.

(edited)_shadow82front.png

(edited)_shadow82.png

That's awful. 

On 7/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, Hibou said:

(edited)_shadow82.png

What size slab is that?

Is it the same size as the Silver Age comic?

On 7/18/2023 at 6:30 PM, Hibou said:

(edited)_shadow82.png

I would definitely return that as it looks awful, can be potentially harmful and a great disservice to the book.

On 7/18/2023 at 5:30 PM, Hibou said:

(edited)_shadow82.png

I've seen this before in older slabs like this one. I guess they needed to use that spacer to hold a book that size in place side to side. But this TMNT doesn't have it so I'm not sure what the reason is for using it.

Screenshots_2023-07-19-15-31-09.png

Screenshots_2023-07-19-15-43-49.png