• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2023 at 11:30 PM, Beastfeast said:

Why would that matter?  Wouldn't that be an example of QC working?  

Yes.

And would also be an example of how incredibly often books are put with the wrong label, upside down, unsigned with yellow labels, signed with blue, foreign objects in slab, etc, etc.   Which is what I was talking about.

On 9/14/2023 at 1:51 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Yes.

And would also be an example of how incredibly often books are put with the wrong label, upside down, unsigned with yellow labels, signed with blue, foreign objects in slab, etc, etc.   Which is what I was talking about.

But you have no idea how “incredibly often” it happens and is caught. It’s also totally irrelevant to the topic of QC issues if they’re catching problems before they become the submitters problem - which is what this thread is about. 

On 9/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, Beastfeast said:

But you have no idea how “incredibly often” it happens and is caught. 

That's why I (very clearly) said "imagine".  

On 9/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, Beastfeast said:

It’s also totally irrelevant to the topic of QC issues

They are literally QC issues, forum cop.

Anything else?

On 9/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, Beastfeast said:

Nope, that’s it. Keep tilting at your imagined hypotheticals, I guess. 

Thanks for the permission. 

And glad you get the hypothetical aspect.

But you have me wondering... if your argument is that theses things aren't caught "incredibly often" (as I am guessing, and seems to be your argument), do you mean just a little often?  Or maybe barely?  Or are you saying that only the examples we see in this forum (& IG & FB & YT & Reddit, etc.), are the ones with the problems.  And that maybe they actually catch none in QC....

That's an interesting thought.  The premise that the QC department actually catches zero problems before they leave the building was an unexpected angle.  I have to give you that one.

Thx

On 8/31/2023 at 11:28 AM, ygogolak said:

Shipped a cracked slab in for a re-slab. Came back with some type of black plastic inside, surprisingly no scuffs on the back back of the case like the ones I had to send back a week ago as well.
Back it goes. Frustrating part is this was just one slab so the cost of submission & shipping isn't spread across a multiple book order.

Has anyone been able to get the cost of shipping to CGC refunded?

IMG_7442.JPG

Fixed in Paint, somewhat:

image.png.5213f1dfc46f6e62f5ee2b26f90c25dd.png

I'm trying to create a ME order from an ME submission I received back 12 days ago.  I'm entering the submission number + line item number, clicking the "Lockup Comic" button, and am getting the message ProIV is down to the left of the "Add Comic" button.  The "Add Comic" button stays disabled

@CGC Mike is this some type of system error?  TIA.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:28 AM, joeypost said:

Hopefully, the fact this thread has slowed down means CGC is paying more attention to QC. 

My 2 cents, I keep getting slabs back with spots/scuffs or small pieces of debris, and I get tired of posting about the same defects over and over again.

Edited by Still Only 20¢
Added more detail.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:01 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I'm trying to create a ME order from an ME submission I received back 12 days ago.  I'm entering the submission number + line item number, clicking the "Lockup Comic" button, and am getting the message ProIV is down to the left of the "Add Comic" button.  The "Add Comic" button stays disabled

@CGC Mike is this some type of system error?  TIA.

Whatever the issue was, it has been resolved.  I'm not longer getting this error.  Thanks @CGC Mike.

• Administrator
On 9/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Whatever the issue was, it has been resolved.  I'm not longer getting this error.  Thanks @CGC Mike.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I used some flex time and took my midday shift off for today.  I am glad it worked out.

@CGC Mike honestly at what point will CGC stop messing around with submissions without being 100% correct?

I won't give specifics as they are still working through it but here is an example of what happened where CGC needs to be correct.  This is a terrible look for them.  Like PGX terrible.

Book was sent in from the dealer as a later print of the book (there is no indicators on the covers, only the interior).  CGC CHANGES the invoice/notes/back end to read 1st print.  This is a multiple thousand dollar difference.  The Dealer wins HUUUUUGE by this change.  They can pass this off as a 1st print and no one is the wiser UNTIL someone cracks it out and gets it signed or regraded etc etc.  Luckily the dealer is a stand-up individual and will be sending the book back (of course causing their customer to be pissed off that the book will take another 2 months).

Why the heck is CGC honestly doing this??? It's not the 1st time I've encountered it nor has it been mentioned.  These are the mistakes they can not make.  A spelling mistake stinks but it's not a $$$$$ mistake to some unsuspecting joe who's trusted CGC to be right the book is a 1st print as the only way to determine such a thing is read the inside (which is trapped around a plastic case).  I get it.  CGC needs to make changes as more often than not the customer may have keyed in the wrong book/year/issue/edition etc, however IF CGC is going to change these they better be freaking right.

• Administrator
On 10/7/2023 at 1:58 AM, Iceman399 said:

Why the heck is CGC honestly doing this???

I understand your frustration.  I will speak with the operations manager regarding the packing slip and changes made at receiving.

When CGC makes all of these careless mistakes, it really doesn't cost them much. At least not so much that they stop happening. I bet if all these careless mistakes cost CGC big bucks, things would change over there.

I'm wondering if the guy who submitted that Punch 12 was upcharged?

Edited by Gaard