• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN Sony-Marvel potential deal OFFICIAL THREAD

351 posts in this topic

Everything I've seen still point to Peter Parker Spider-man not Miles Morales. I'm all for "minority" superheroes, but give me the Falcon and Black Panther, Storm, etc. I don't want Johhny Storm to be black all of the sudden, I don't want to see Miles Morales Spider-man simply because Marvel/Sony want to meet the Hispanic quota.

Don't know who they have in mind as Spider-man but I'm glas it's not Garfield. His Spider-man came across as a bit too cool, too hipster. Spidey is supposed to be an awkward kid that gets bullied. Not the progressive hipster who's too cool to get bullied. At least in that aspect Tobey Maguire was much better.

Also I'd love to see Venom get introduced either during Avengers or maybe even a nod to the Venom symbiote in the next Guardians?

Also considering the Age of Ultron is all but done, i doubt Spidey will be in that movies unless theyre going to add a very mall easter egg post production, or they had this deal a long time ago but just released it now so we don't expect it? Though the Civil War storyline seems to be much more realistic for Spidey, though I'm curious how that will affect T'Challa's role in the film....

I'm already hearing rumors about Avengers #11 (1st Spidey/Avengers association) shooting up in price and the possibility of Sony/Marvel canning Andrew Garfield as Spidey and possibly using Miles Morales in the new joint venture. Time to snatch up some Ultimate Fallout #4s? hm

Most likely Marvel will use Miles Morales.

Spider-Man in the MCU opens up a lot of possibilities. As some mentioned already Venom as part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. How about this........ end of credit scene of the Punisher having his gun scope on Spider-Man (Amazing Spider-Man #129) leading into a Punisher movie. hm

Today is a good day. :banana:

I'm already hearing rumors about Avengers #11 (1st Spidey/Avengers association) shooting up in price and the possibility of Sony/Marvel canning Andrew Garfield as Spidey and possibly using Miles Morales in the new joint venture. Time to snatch up some Ultimate Fallout #4s? hm

Spider-Man in the MCU opens up a lot of possibilities. As some mentioned already Venom as part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. How about this........ end of credit scene of the Punisher having his gun scope on Spider-Man (Amazing Spider-Man #129) leading into a Punisher movie. hm

I enjoy the Ultimate Spider-man comics with Miles Morales more than I thought I would when it started.

However, I don't see why anyone thinks Marvel would consider going with any movie version of Spider-man that's not Peter Parker.

I did like the suggestion mentioned a couple weeks back about Spider-man being masked and only Spider-man when it comes to any Marvel movie appearances, I just don't think it's possible for them to keep Spidey's mask on for more than 15 consecutive minutes in any of the movies.

lol

I enjoy the Ultimate Spider-man comics with Miles Morales more than I thought I would when it started.

However, I don't see why anyone thinks Marvel would consider going with any movie version of Spider-man that's not Peter Parker.

I did like the suggestion mentioned a couple weeks back about Spider-man being masked and only Spider-man when it comes to any Marvel movie appearances, I just don't think it's possible for them to keep Spidey's mask on for more than 15 consecutive minutes in any of the movies.

lol

Agreed. Peter Parker IS Spider-Man and Marvel will use him in the movies. What would be the point of finally scoring the rights to feature your top all time character and then "not" use him in the movies ?

-J.

Wasn't that a Spidey robot in Avengers 11?

Yeah, I wonder about the "slap a Spidey on it" eagerness of the studio. Especially if they are trying to resurrect him as a flagship character. I could see the character of Peter Parker becoming really shallowly developed for expediency's sake.

Interesting side note: The Atlantic has a really good little editorial about the financial case for the studio to use a Mile Morales Spiderman in the next reboot or crossover. Worth a read:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/02/spider-man-to-marvel-can-corporate-synergy-lead-to-real-diversity/385345/

I agree with The Atlantic that bringing in Miles Morales would be a fresh move towards diversity. However, I have to echo Jaydog's sentiments above questioning why Marvel would have gone to all this trouble if they're not bringing Peter Parker immediately into the loop. The vast majority of moviegoers and fans still identify Peter Parker as Spider-man. Also, why turn to Miles Morales so quickly, when there are so many stories with Peter Parker to explore first?

Edit: I think it's more likely (though not necessarily on anyone's radar) for Marvel to cast an African-American actor to portray the character of Peter Parker (in order to retain continuity of a character and his name), than to wholly introduce a relatively new character like Miles Morales so quickly.

Also, what's the status of the Sinister Six movie with this current news?

Yeah, I wonder about the "slap a Spidey on it" eagerness of the studio. Especially if they are trying to resurrect him as a flagship character. I could see the character of Peter Parker becoming really shallowly developed for expediency's sake.

Interesting side note: The Atlantic has a really good little editorial about the financial case for the studio to use a Mile Morales Spiderman in the next reboot or crossover. Worth a read:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/02/spider-man-to-marvel-can-corporate-synergy-lead-to-real-diversity/385345/

SINISTER SIX Still In Development; SPIDER-MAN Expected To Appear In CIVIL WAR

-----------------

As for Sinister Six, they add that while it will no longer be released next November, "The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel." It was clear in those leaked emails that Amy Pascal was keen on making that one happen, and you have to wonder now if it will somehow be reworked into being that 2017 Spider-Man movie. Spider-Man: Sinister Six anyone?

-----------------

:bump:

Supposedly, SINISTER SIX is still moving forward.

-----------------

As for Sinister Six, they add that while it will no longer be released next November, "The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel." It was clear in those leaked emails that Amy Pascal was keen on making that one happen, and you have to wonder now if it will somehow be reworked into being that 2017 Spider-Man movie. Spider-Man: Sinister Six anyone?

-----------------

i think Sinister Six can be the movie release on July 2017. if spiderman does show up in Cap3 then that mines they had different scripts for the movie. we also need to remember that every solo spiderman movie has to make sure it does something so fans know it's still part of the MCU.

-----------------

-----------------

i think Sinister Six can be the movie release on July 2017. if spiderman does show up in Cap3 then that mines they had different scripts for the movie. we also need to remember that every solo spiderman movie has to make sure it does something so fans know it's still part of the MCU.

I bet you are right. And with Marvel moving four of its own movies...

What was that about Latino Review being wrong concerning Spider-Man and Marvel?

Of course this comes from 'Latino Review' so the news is a bit sketchy already, but I wouldn't put it past sony to try this.

:whistle:

:baiting:

LATINO REVIEW: More Spider-Man News From Marvel/Sony Deal

---------------------

First off, sources say that Spider-Man will first show up in Captain America: Civil War. This is a rumor that has been floating around lately and it makes sense because Cap 3 is next up in Marvel’s production schedule – it begins shooting later this year. Spider-Man played a significant role in the comic version of Civil War.

---------------------

Originally a Sinister Six movie was set to come out after Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sinister Six is still planned but it has been pushed back from its November 2016 release date. Amazing 2 ended with setting up the creation of the Sinister Six. The Marvel/Sony [news] kind of threw that plan out the window (probably for the best) but I’m sure at some point the Sinister Six will appear in the films, the idea of Spider-Man’s greatest foes all teaming up to take him down is too good to not use.

---------------------

So will Marvel attempt to write off Amazing Spider-Man 2 and start from the beginning, or act like this is the next film following the last movie? If there is still going to be a near-term Sinister Six movie...

More than anything, would love to see Jackman and RDJ going at it on screen...

I can't think of ANYTHING worse. I'd rather see squirrel girl fighting a Pizza Hut pizza than this. A 6'4" lean wolverine fighting a 5'6" tony stark sounds like watching the 90s Star Wars movies all over again. Like the sound of my 10 year old self hating that my 40 year old self was so close to Mecca, only to find out it was really a fire ant mound and I was covered in honey. Suck.