• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

That is quite the roi.  I listed a raw copy elsewhere, and had nary a look.  I was a bit frustrated at the time, but feeling much better about it now.

I picked up a 7.5 for 1100 but the guy never shipped. I was able to get a 5.5 & 4.5 for cheap around that same time and I have the 5.5 listed at the moment on ebay with 100 watchers already.

18 hours ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

Avengers 8 is such a goofy cover 

Am I the only one that sees a villain standing behind a wall of those candy buttons on paper whenever I see the book

3FE85042-1971-4CDC-9857-23B4A95D212E.jpeg.ec0ff9133335bd49912d07c75f4504c5.jpeg

give me ish #23 any day 

Just preference I guess. Not saying it because I have one but I've always though it was a great cover, especially for a first appearance. 

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Agreed.  Plus I love that they used his name on the front too

That's also a great point. I can see how @stillonly25cents said it looks like those candy strips we all used to eat as kids. lol It also reminds me of Nova Corp channeling their shields together in Guardians of the Galaxy as well. 

nova-corps-blockade-guardians.jpg

I8SICPw.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

I'm surprised Strange Tales 159 hasn't rebounded more after a second appearance of Contessa Fontaine. She's an established villain now but the hype hasn't followed...

Did it even have time to dip in price that it needs to rebound?…

2 hours ago, dikran1 said:

Did it even have time to dip in price that it needs to rebound?…

Yeah, the waves of interest over the tv appearance books ebb and flow pretty quick. Take a look at some sold prices and compare them with the older sales (after the FATWS 5, of course).