• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

FF4 lookin steamy..

Namor's allegedly showing up soon, and that has to be the best silver age Sub Mariner book to have. It'll probably never catch FF 5, but I think it will continue to get closer until Doom finally shows up and then Victor will take his victory lap.

43 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Also I didn't see anyone mention it when they were talking about Abomination in the Shang Chi trailer, but Tales of Suspense #50 seems like it should be pretty hot.

Yeah, I just watched a raw VG+ copy end on Heritage tonight for $780. I was not expecting that, it went for 5x OSPG in grade.

TTA 90 (first Abomination) also closed at $432 in raw VF-, also 5x guide.

Edited by Mucheee1

6 minutes ago, Mucheee1 said:

Yeah, I just watched a raw VG+ copy end on Heritage tonight for $780. I was not expecting that, it went for 5x OSPG in grade.

TTA 90 (first Abomination) also closed at $432 in raw VF-, also 5x guide.

It blows my mind that villains have come this far. Up until recently only top tier bad guys commanded serious premiums, but with hero keys slipping further and further out of the average persons reach the next play is obviously to jump on the evil doers.

22 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I'd call it the first SA appearance of the Submariner rather than a crossover.

Okay sure but I suppose that would depend on when someone thinks SA started. I'm just trying to figure out if this or FF12 would be considered the first official crossover?

13 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Agree completely.  This was very hard to track down.

1851766282_AmazingSpider-Man63CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.1af58829aa41e5d99a8cc7c35b965f4d.jpg

Its a tough black cover but I personally haven't had any problems finding a high grade copy. forIt (Meaning it USED to be an easier find, these books are very old acquisitions) I am glad to see that it is finding a premium price for HTF aspect.  Slabbed and raw both HG

63CGC94F.jpg

63SPIDEY.jpg

Edited by UncleBEN

28 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Its a tough black cover but I personally haven't had any problems finding a high grade copy. forIt (Meaning it USED to be an easier find, these books are very old acquisitions) I am glad to see that it is finding a premium price for HTF aspect.  Slabbed and raw both HG

63CGC94F.jpg

63SPIDEY.jpg

63 is one of the very lowest total census ASMs maybe the lowest I don't know. The thing is if you check the census for 28 there's soooooo many more total submitted 28s than 63s. That makes me wonder if maybe there are several high grade 63s out there unsubmitted? Maybe not 9.8 but 9.4, 9.2? I would throw 60 in that same category of possibly undersubmitted.

38 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

63 is one of the very lowest total census ASMs maybe the lowest I don't know. The thing is if you check the census for 28 there's soooooo many more total submitted 28s than 63s. That makes me wonder if maybe there are several high grade 63s out there unsubmitted? Maybe not 9.8 but 9.4, 9.2? I would throw 60 in that same category of possibly undersubmitted.

It could be that those two (60 and 63) are undersubbed a bit since they do not feature a first appearance like #28, but they are still hard to find in high grade regardless due to the black covers. You can add #51 and a couple of other dark cover issues in the #50s to the mix as well.