• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MatterEaterLad said:

TOS 39 8.0 just sold for $75k on ComicConnect. Last year the high sale for an 8.0 was half that.

I was wondering when the manic prices would finally hit this book (and Hulk 1). 

So what is next in the carousel as far as big #1/first appearances, where value will be perceived?

I would think DC has got to be coming due sometime, particularly Showcase #22.

But Marvel is really dominating things right now. That TOS #39 sale doesn't surprise me, and I think Hulk 1s will set new high $$$ when they pop up.

Maybe the spin-cycle will look like this, with X-Men #1 currently sizzling: X-Men #1 > Hulk #1 > AF #15 > JIM #83 > FF #1 > TOS #39 > ASM #1 > Avengers #1 > then back to DD#1?

Maybe something like TTA #35 will take a leap with Ant Man 3 on the horizon?
Also on a smaller scale, I could see TOS #57 getting a good bump.
Or what about The Brave and the Bold #34?

21 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

So what is next in the carousel as far as big #1/first appearances, where value will be perceived?

I would think DC has got to be coming due sometime, particularly Showcase #22.

But Marvel is really dominating things right now. That TOS #39 sale doesn't surprise me, and I think Hulk 1s will set new high $$$ when they pop up.

Maybe the spin-cycle will look like this, with X-Men #1 currently sizzling: X-Men #1 > Hulk #1 > AF #15 > JIM #83 > FF #1 > TOS #39 > ASM #1 > Avengers #1 > then back to DD#1?

Maybe something like TTA #35 will take a leap with Ant Man 3 on the horizon?
Also on a smaller scale, I could see TOS #57 getting a good bump.
Or what about The Brave and the Bold #34?

Wow, showcase 22 has certainly been increasing... 2.0 is almost 3k? I  haven't been watching it for a few weeks. .  

34 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

JIM, FF, Avengers, DD are already 100%+ over the last year. 

Edited by SuperBird

2 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

I think all of those are up 100%+ over the last year, apart from ASM 1. 

It is crazy.

I can see why many 2nd appearances, big villains, and later-intro'ed characters are getting attention (like a Hawkeye).
The first appearances are just in the stratosphere, even in lower grades.

2 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

TBH Avengers 1 still seems undervalued to me, but maybe I'm crazy. 

You would think that Avengers #1 would have risen higher, considering it was the backbone of driving the MCU.
I'm guessing the tamp-down factor is: No big first appearances, and a June 1963 release date.
If Cap had debuted in #1 - then we'd have some crazy-town prices.