• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

What's the attraction of issue #44? The second appearance of the Lizard?

The Lizard, being my favorite character, always had the big draw on that issue for me. I would guess 6 being out of range for many people has something to do with it...Plus 44 has a great cover and story (thumbsu

14 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

What's the attraction of issue #44? The second appearance of the Lizard?

The census. It's that dark cover with the unforgiving spine. The same goes for 60 which has been moving rapidly but I think for a bit longer. Those are among the darkest cover SA ASMs toughest in grade. 

Edited by MGsimba77

On 7/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, postersandstuff said:

Maybe I should get Batman 181 cgc now , who knows when this bubble will burst and prices drop ?

It feels like I can't "afford" not to sell :/

Yes that book has gone crazy recently. 

Avengers 8 is hot too due to the Loki series.  

On 6/25/2021 at 11:07 AM, PeterPark said:

Fantasy Masterpieces 2 should see some action as well, not to mention the bronze age books Astonishing Tales 23 and 24 and Where Monsters Dwell 21 (wait, did I just mention them?) as ST 89 is just tough-to-find. Period.

ST 89 is definitely a tough book to find. Only a little over 400 graded copies in the census, 361 are blue universal. 9.0 is the highest graded copy. I picked up a very nice presenting 4.5 earlier this year and am so glad I did! Although the Abomination/Wong appearance in the trailer is getting more attention than FFF's appearance, probably because Abomination will also be in the She-Hulk series. Will be interesting how that plays out once the Shang-Chi movie drops! I hope FFF plays a good role! 

2 hours ago, Sharkey said:

ST 89 is definitely a tough book to find. Only a little over 400 graded copies in the census, 361 are blue universal. 9.0 is the highest graded copy. I picked up a very nice presenting 4.5 earlier this year and am so glad I did! Although the Abomination/Wong appearance in the trailer is getting more attention than FFF's appearance, probably because Abomination will also be in the She-Hulk series. Will be interesting how that plays out once the Shang-Chi movie drops! I hope FFF plays a good role! 

If you look at the population across the street there are another 38.

2 of which are restored and only one 9.0

I have a 2.5 in that number there which I've owned for over 10 years.

I'm hoping this book becomes like a Takes To Astonish 13 👍

I did pick up a nice Where Monsters Dwell 21 a few days ago.

24 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

What is going on with Thor #129? Does the first appearance of Ares explain such an increase in prices?

I thought we heard Ares was coming months ago, but the realized prices and for sale prices on ebay are very different from each other. Wishful thinking for those that already saw what was coming...it looks to be on the way up.

2 hours ago, pickycollector said:

What is going on with Thor #129? Does the first appearance of Ares explain such an increase in prices?

Dark Avengers in the MCU speculation post Falcon series. 

14 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

The census. It's that dark cover with the unforgiving spine. The same goes for 60 which has been moving rapidly but I think for a bit longer. Those are among the darkest cover SA ASMs toughest in grade. 

#28 is the toughest IMHO. That was a standout cover back in the day, too.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Agree completely.  This was very hard to track down.

1851766282_AmazingSpider-Man63CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.1af58829aa41e5d99a8cc7c35b965f4d.jpg

You're VERY lucky to have that, as I'm sure you know. I doubt that one will end up in the under copy thread... Every show or new LCS I encounter I check for that issue (among others, of course...) and I almost never see it in even VF. I was a huge Vulture fan and this one imprinted on me early in my collecting phase....as I started with issue #58. All I've got left is one decent raw copy that I've never listed for sale ... no one would pay my price, too hard to replace. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu