• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 2:57 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

So I just checked and saw that HA sold it.  Something smells funny with HA.  There are currently two available to purchase on the Bay for 5800 BIN and 5250 best offer.  hm

I was just thinking the same thing...

On 2/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

So I just checked and saw that HA sold it.  Something smells funny with HA.  There are currently two available to purchase on the Bay for 5800 BIN and 5250 best offer.  hm

Regarding the two cheaper CGC 4.0 Strange Tales #110's on ebay- the one has 4 address stamps and some childish artwork and the other has quite a bit of black color touch in the bottom right corner 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:14 PM, Spaceguy said:

Regarding the two cheaper CGC 4.0 Strange Tales #110's on ebay- the one has 4 address stamps and some childish artwork and the other has quite a bit of black color touch in the bottom right corner 

Yes,  the copy sold was pretty clean.  Will be interesting to see the next few sales

On 2/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, Spaceguy said:

But It’s a universal blue.  Did CGC miss the color touch?

On 1/18/2022 at 7:23 PM, Microchip said:

Can you provide any evidence of her appearing in this book?   Her name mentioned at least 3 or more times on the cover perhaps?  

Well, I could testify that I read a story about her;) but the book is sealed now so I can't show you pictures. 

Perhaps this would help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bette_Kane

Barbara Gordon Batgirl was created for the TV show. I never understood why they didn't go with Kathy or Betty Kane, but the producers thought that Batgirl being the daughter of the Commisioner would create more interesting stories and situations.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:57 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Glad to see at least some movement on ST 110 in that tier of grade.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:57 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

FWIW MCS had a CGC 3.5 on sale for $6400 when I checked this several months ago, so not that funny. I guess the prices on ebay have cooled down a fair bit.

edit: Plus what Spaceguy said about the quality of the ebay copies.

Edited by Albert Thurgood
added Spaceguy's comment

On 2/9/2022 at 8:18 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

FWIW MCS had a CGC 3.5 on sale for $6400 when I checked this several months ago, so not that funny. I guess the prices on ebay have cooled down a fair bit.

edit: Plus what Spaceguy said about the quality of the ebay copies.

Heritage also has a pool of buyers that don't look elsewhere.  It's true of any site.