• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, ThothAmon said:

AB5891E5-9061-4705-BC98-8D8F9593DEAB.jpeg

This book has eluded me for a long time, high on my list of ones to pull the trigger on in 2022. Luckily, I have FF 66 and 67 already and the cameo in Thor 164. 

On 1/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, Austin_t_a said:

If this is the case, do you think it's possible we start to see prices shoot up in runs like Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Subby, Doctor Strange, and Captain America even though they don't really have as much as Thor in terms of big keys?

It's inevitable. As people continue to see themselves priced out of certain titles, they will seek out "lesser" affordable titles thereby driving those prices higher.  Either that or they will leave the hobby business all together.  

On 1/15/2022 at 2:31 PM, Bird said:

where, where? I am so on the fence about offering one for sale, it hopped nicely finally!

I just see a lot of sales.  Was trying to get a 8.0 copy for a while but that ship has sailed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-359-CGC-7-0-KEY-Origin-and-1st-Appearance-of-Batgirl-/154790553144?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 1/15/2022 at 9:06 PM, Wolverinex said:

hmmm

:headbang:

thanks

On 1/15/2022 at 10:03 AM, pemart1966 said:

It's inevitable. As people continue to see themselves priced out of certain titles, they will seek out "lesser" affordable titles thereby driving those prices higher.  Either that or they will leave the hobby business all together.  

Yes, I think we will see that. 

I always think of Ironman 1.  I felt like I would see that book everywhere. Comic shops, shows, all over the internet. And it was usually a "cheap" book.  Like less than $100. Then, Ironman took off with MCU. And TOS39 got crazy expensive and suddenly Ironman 1 became an expensive book in it's own right. So I think we'll see that happen again.  These big keys are just getting too pricey for regular people. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:08 PM, KCOComics said:

Yes, I think we will see that. 

I always think of Ironman 1.  I felt like I would see that book everywhere. Comic shops, shows, all over the internet. And it was usually a "cheap" book.  Like less than $100. Then, Ironman took off with MCU. And TOS39 got crazy expensive and suddenly Ironman 1 became an expensive book in it's own right. So I think we'll see that happen again.  These big keys are just getting too pricey for regular people. 

Agreed.  Iron man 1,  Silver Surfer 1,  and Submariner 1 have all been rising.  

On 1/15/2022 at 8:31 PM, kimik said:

Check out the prices people are paying for the recent facsimile editions of the SA and BA keys. As the big keys price out segments of the market, the reprints rise as well

Crazier still is that these facsimile editions are being slabbed and sold at a premium. (At least at my local shop, where they have a shelf devoted to slabbed facsimiles.)