• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, Zonker said:

Isn't there speculation they are going to use the Ezra Miller Flash movie to open up DC's multiverse as a way to exit (or co-exist with, if you will...)  the Snyderverse?  Or did I just make up a new rumor out of nothing?  :sorry:

^^ - it was mentioned as a possibility, and since then and with Keaton also in the Batgirl movie, maybe. I think trying to reset after the Synderverse may not be how they want to go.

On 4/9/2022 at 9:59 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Something that doesn't get mentioned often, but that I believe helps the book, is that you have to go much further in the run to get a Doctor Strange cover.  He doesn't appear at all until #118, then again on #122, and doesn't get a true solo cover until #146.  He doesn't have a cover that people really love until he gets his own title with #169.

My point is, if there were a good Doctor Strange cover among his earliest issues, then maybe some collectors would gravitate to it and #110 might suffer.  But there isn't really a good alternative competing for collector interest.

I’ve always thought the first good prominent Dr. Strange cover was FF 27 which ties with Strange Tales 121 for second overall cover appearance.

Edited by gunsmokin

On 4/9/2022 at 11:12 PM, gunsmokin said:

I’ve always thought the first good prominent Dr. Strange cover was FF 27 which ties with Strange Tales 121 for second overall cover appearance.

These are the nuance thoughts we mainstream folks long to hear.  So many movies, YouTube narratives and Heritage auctions set the stage. But the true origin storylines are within y’all. Personally, I want to know more. 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:12 PM, gunsmokin said:

I think he gets lost here due to the coloring.

03085CAE-82FA-40D2-ABC1-2013CB6DEE76.thumb.jpeg.092b93eaf7e44a0605dc7faddcdfb8b6.jpeg

My favorite is Strange Tales 146.

54911612-62D5-48AA-B8A2-6A520A460CB0.thumb.jpeg.62dc138c08159a8fa9aac478dcda7abc.jpeg

On 4/9/2022 at 11:36 PM, gunsmokin said:

On the contrary, I actually thought the opposite.

I agree. I love the coloring on this cover. Always been one of my favorite early FF covers. And a red pants Sub-mariner. I really should upgrade my copy...