• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, Microchip said:

Thats a big issue to secure in such high grade, congrats.   The scan looks over lit, how does it look in hand?

Thanks very much.  It's been a couple of years since I bought it and tucked it away, but I remember being happy with it when I got it.  There's a part of me that would like to create my own images of all the books in my collection, but it would add more time to the already enormous investment ... so I tend to be lazy and just keep the image from whatever dealer or auction site I buy the book from.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:45 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks very much.  It's been a couple of years since I bought it and tucked it away, but I remember being happy with it when I got it.  There's a part of me that would like to create my own images of all the books in my collection, but it would add more time to the already enormous investment ... so I tend to be lazy and just keep the image from whatever dealer or auction site I buy the book from.

That's called prioritization, brother.... if you can afford books like that, I doubt you're lazy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

On 4/15/2022 at 6:17 AM, The Lions Den said:
On 4/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bird said:

Talk out loud to a phone as you grade and it is converted to text, grading is done and notes are completed concurrently. Notes downloaded at end of grading session. Not much more time from the actual graders.

A great idea!  :idea:

Good god! Why didn't think of that when grading my own comics? :facepalm:

On 4/24/2022 at 9:11 AM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

Thinking takes all the fun out of it. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, jimjum12 said:
On 4/24/2022 at 9:11 AM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

Thinking takes all the fun out of it. GOD BLESS....

That explains CGC's current quality control process

Edited by Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 4/24/2022 at 10:24 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I tried that actually. Here are my audio converted to text notes for Gorgo #1:

Slight cover bend to bottom left front cover slight staining multiple spine creases Steve your dinner's ready shhh I'm trying to grade my comics oh sorry I didn't know I'll be down in a minute rusty staples.

is rusty staples a sexy pet name?