• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, KCOComics said:

@The Lions Den once explained how graders notes worked. He can correct me, but it was more of an internal communication between two graders and never meant to be a catch all.  

Assuming notes are still used for a similar purpose, I understand Jennifer's response. 

With that said, CGC has evolved and so has the sophistication of their consumers.  I think providing more comprehensive notes is a reasonable expectation.... Let's just not ask them to add more work until the TATs are more manageable. 

The number of notes entered is really up to each specific grader. But the more notes that are entered, the more time it takes. And of course, time is money. I hope that clears up any confusion...

On 4/13/2022 at 3:51 AM, The Lions Den said:

But the more notes that are entered, the more time it takes.

Talk out loud to a phone as you grade and it is converted to text, grading is done and notes are completed concurrently. Notes downloaded at end of grading session. Not much more time from the actual graders.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:27 AM, Bird said:

Talk out loud to a phone as you grade and it is converted to text, grading is done and notes are completed concurrently. Notes downloaded at end of grading session. Not much more time from the actual graders.

That would be great, but would probably annoy/distract the 10 other graders sitting around you.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, MattTheDuck said:

That would be great, but would probably annoy/distract the 10 other graders sitting around you.

A headset with mic would alleviate that. Same as they do in customer service pools.

-bc

On 4/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bird said:

A great idea!  :idea:

One of the potential issues I see with this suggestion is interference from outside noise entering the process, similar to the kind of thing we experience while using a cellphone. If everyone in the grading room is talking at the same time and you also have the usual general cacophony, the notes themselves could become garbled and unintelligible. And once those books are graded and the notes are entered, there's no going back...  

On 4/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, ninanina said:

Okay, in an attempt to understand what's going on here....okay, after thinking about it, I can't understand what's going on. If I sent in that 8.5 I would have expected at least a 9.4 and would have been very disappointed with the grade. Maybe it's something we don't see?

The notes say there is a multiple color breaking crease full top front cover and spine stress lines that break color. You can actually see the creasing along the top edge. So, the book does have some significant flaws...nice looking copy, though!  (thumbsu

On 4/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, KCOComics said:

@The Lions Den once explained how graders notes worked. He can correct me, but it was more of an internal communication between two graders and never meant to be a catch all.  

Yes, since the pre-grader typically takes the most notes, the notes are used as a way of pointing out flaws that may be hidden inside the book or that are extremely difficult to see upon first glance. This can be very helpful and time saving to the finalizer... :foryou:

On 3/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, gunsmokin said:

New pick up that seems to be picking up some steam.

C9D2BB5B-F2D1-464A-A605-0EA0EC1669F1.jpeg

Picked up this thread around Feb 5th and this looks like first book posted in theme of "heating up." [in contrast to already high, or perhaps a bit higher]

Not complaining, !, the conversation is on topic and there is plenty that's entertaining, but it's a comment that for around seven weeks, nobody saw a spike in a SA book worth posting here about.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:43 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

what did i miss?  Was there a big sale?

Thor trailer also had a quick shot of Olympus and what I assume was Zeus’ arm holding a lightning bolt. 

BAABB3AD-C47A-4692-ABCB-AFB5EE6E684C.jpeg