• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Thirty years ago I read my first Avengers comic book. I've waited a lifetime for this movie to be made, and it exceeded all my expectations. What a perfect, perfect film. I absolutely loved it.

Peace,

Chip

The 40-year wait for the movie was worth it! It totally got it done for me. There is just enough humor and hard-hitting action to satisfy both the geeks and the outsiders. And the best part: I got to see many battle scenes that I dreamed about as a kid.

Look forward to this in a few days. This was my favorite comic book as a kid.

Most of my friends were into FF,while I was into Avengers. :cloud9:

You are going to be in for quite a pleasant surprise.

As much as I like the Nolan Batman films - I'm a Marvel kid. This movie is the natural progression of awesomeness that one only hopes will follow great flicks like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

I've seen The Dark Knight and Batman Begins dozens of times now, and the new DKR trailer a lot (including right in front of this movie)...and this movie is SO much better. I had SUCH a great time!

Peace,

Chip

This movie was so good, I had to adjust my pants. Or threaten to drop em.

Kinda like you see here:

MegaCon2-1.jpg

Sweet picture. Joe's left arm looks like you actually caught him turning into The Werewolf on camera.

Do you recognize the foot? You know something of foot pics.

Puck from Alpha Flight?

lol lol lol

I believe that beefy gam belongs to Arex.

Do you recognize the foot? You know something of foot pics.

Puck from Alpha Flight?

lol lol lol

I believe that beefy gam belongs to Arex.

He's taller than me. I should have quit while I was ahead. He must be really tall above the knee, because if his height was proportional to that ankle-calf, he would be coaching wrestling for the Lollipop Guild.

Just returned from a 1:30 showing this afternoon.

And I'm in awe. It was everything I'd hoped it would be & more.

I mean, at the moment I'm going through some deep personal crisis that have me ina state of almost paralyzing depression. My wife & I are splitting up, I have less than a month to find a new place to live & due to all the marital difficulties & a hospital stay that she had a month or so ago, I've totally screwed up an entire semester of college. So, I'm pretty much a wreck.

But, I dragged myself to see that movie today & you know what?

From start to finish everything was all right. I forgot all about my troubles & I was having a blast.

And now, there's a residual good feeling staying with me from it that I hope lasts for the rest of the day.

Peace.

Jim

Sorry to hear that, Jim. I'm going through a similar situation right now, though not as bad, and I had a similar experience. For a few hours I was 10 years old and all was right with the world again. Best of luck to you.

Peace,

Chip

Just saw it in Imax. I think that Avengers is the best comic book film yet. Iron Man 1, Thor, X-Men First Class and the Nolan Batman films are pretty close though.

I have a bit of postpartum depression though... What to do now... Everything else pales in comparison...

go back and watch X-Men First class.

Avengers was a good movie. As good as it could possibly be with everything that was going on.

I still think they could've come up with a better outfit design for poor Cap

Just returned from a 1:30 showing this afternoon.

And I'm in awe. It was everything I'd hoped it would be & more.

I mean, at the moment I'm going through some deep personal crisis that have me ina state of almost paralyzing depression. My wife & I are splitting up, I have less than a month to find a new place to live & due to all the marital difficulties & a hospital stay that she had a month or so ago, I've totally screwed up an entire semester of college.

Try to look at it this way: It's a prime opportunity to live your life like Tony Stark. I've had similar life challenges before, where everything got upended due to divorce, but fortunately for me, I felt liberated, rather than depressed.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but try to think about it being an opportunity to rediscover and refocus yourself. The circumstances are different for each individual, but the opportunity for personal enlightenment is always the same.

I can't remember how many times I said "oh, yeah" when a confrontation was about to occur.

No kidding. My wife probably thought I fell into a bout of dementia because I kept mumbling to myself constantly during the movie.

I (along with the crowd) must have laughed at least 25 times. Awesome stuff!

Peace,

Chip

I just saw this afternoon. Excellent!!!!

And your right, funny as heck. There is a scene close to the end where the Hulk and Thor are standing beside each other, and then .... I won't spoil it for those who have not seen the movie yet, but the entire crowd laughed out loud.

There is a scene close to the end where the Hulk and Thor are standing beside each other, and then ...

I damn near pissed myself laughing at that. Also...

...the fact that Hulk didn't even wait for Loki to get into his speech before he started beating the out of him. Hilarious!

Peace,

Chip