• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Awesome film, saw it last week at the IMAX in 3D.

Want to go and see it again..

anyone else chuckle at the Agent and his "Near Mint with slight Foxing" trading cards!!??

;)

anyone else chuckle at the Agent and his "Near Mint with slight Foxing" trading cards!!??

Oh yeah!

Listening to NPR this morning, it's my understanding that foreign releases are the new normal, seeing as how international ticket sales make up 70% of all revenue, on average. What was unsaid (hindering foreign shore piracy) has to be a reason as well.

I liked it, but there were a few things I didn't like!

I remember when I first saw the King Kong remake, it can't touch the original, but it was okay. I hated the scene where King Kong was rolling around laughing beating his chest with the woman, hated it.

Now Hulk is my favourite character, and I was just waiting for him to roll around and do the same thing as King Kong did. I didn't like the way he ran around at times like a gorilla, thumping his chest a few times. Hated that.

SPOILERS.

The Alien Invaders were a let down, with their silly deep sea like ships, they were not much of a threat considering.

I liked the Thor, Iron Man fight, then Cap came and I thought it was a bit silly the way Thor smashed his hammer into his shield. I know the shield is almost indestructible, but I don't think Cap's arm and shoulder are :-(

Anyway, I liked it, but a big let down for me.

herc

I remember when I first saw the King Kong remake, it can't touch the original, but it was okay. I hated the scene where King Kong was rolling around laughing beating his chest with the woman, hated it.

Now Hulk is my favourite character, and I was just waiting for him to roll around and do the same thing as King Kong did. I didn't like the way he ran around at times like a gorilla, thumping his chest a few times. Hated that.

SPOILERS.

The Alien Invaders were a let down, with their silly deep sea like ships, they were not much of a threat considering.

I liked the Thor, Iron Man fight, then Cap came and I thought it was a bit silly the way Thor smashed his hammer into his shield. I know the shield is almost indestructible, but I don't think Cap's arm and shoulder are :-(

herc

Traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I didn't like the way he ran around at times like a gorilla, thumping his chest a few times. Hated that.

446473204_hated_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

I know the shield is almost indestructible, but I don't think Cap's arm and shoulder are :-(

I'm not a Cap expert, but doesn't Vibranium absorb kinetic energy or some such premise? That would keep Cap's arm from turning to mush.

I know the shield is almost indestructible, but I don't think Cap's arm and shoulder are :-(

I'm not a Cap expert, but doesn't Vibranium absorb kinetic energy or some such premise? That would keep Cap's arm from turning to mush.

+1

SPOILERS.

herc

You're thinking way too hard when watching a comic book film, everything isn't supposed to make sense is it ? I mean honestly if you tried to dissect the movie you'd think the 1st thing you have an issue with is how the hell Hulk went from being a crazy uncontrollable rage monster trying to kill the Black Widow to suddenly fighting for the good guys and saving people no ? It's a popcorn action flick... and he threw Loki into the ground 6 times so who cares.

Saw it last night at a midnight screening. It was showing on multiple screens, and every single one of them was packed. I've gone to weekend movies at 7:00 that didn't have that many people in the building. We got to the theater after going out for dinner, a full two hours before the start, and there were already lines of people to get in.

For my part, it was the most fun I've had ever seeing a movie in a theater in a long time, greatly exceeding any of the recent comic book adaptations (most of which I've greatly enjoyed, mind you). I can't wait to see it again, and I'm stoked for the inevitable sequel (and the next series of related movies that will be building up to it). :whee:

It's a good time to be a comic book fan.

Saw the 10:30 am showing this morning. Packed. At 10:30 this morning!

This might become the biggest grossing Marvel movie yet.

It was fun, smart, action packed, great pacing...Joss Whedon really knocked it out of the park.

Just saw it in Imax. I think that Avengers is the best comic book film yet. Iron Man 1, Thor, X-Men First Class and the Nolan Batman films are pretty close though.

I have a bit of postpartum depression though... What to do now... Everything else pales in comparison...

Just saw it in Imax. I think that Avengers is the best comic book film yet. Iron Man 1, Thor, X-Men First Class and the Nolan Batman films are pretty close though.

I have a bit of postpartum depression though... What to do now... Everything else pales in comparison...

Go watch it again :acclaim:

The 40-year wait for the movie was worth it! It totally got it done for me. There is just enough humor and hard-hitting action to satisfy both the geeks and the outsiders. And the best part: I got to see many battle scenes that I dreamed about as a kid.

Look forward to this in a few days. This was my favorite comic book as a kid.

Most of my friends were into FF,while I was into Avengers. :cloud9: