• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

To DiceX & Greggy:

:whatev:

Poser :baiting:

Also,Wolverine made a cameo appearance in Hulk #180.

So,it should Wolverine fan since Hulk #180 :baiting:

:shy:

If you claim to be a fan from that one panel, you're not being honest with yourself. hm

To DiceX & Greggy:

Poser :baiting:

Also,Wolverine made a cameo appearance in Hulk #180.

So,it should Wolverine fan since Hulk #180 :baiting:

:shy:

If you claim to be a fan from that one panel, you're not being honest with yourself. hm

???

I'd definitely disagree.

None of those were better than the Avengers and none of the casting jobs were better except for Iron Man and RDJ which obviously was a huge part of the Avengers.

I cant believe you are railing on the Avengers castings and Hugh Jackman as wolverine but youd put Christian Bale and that HORRIFIC voice he uses as what a comic movie should be!!! ???

Thats MIND BOGGLING!!!

I didn't say The Dark Knight...that sucked, I said Batman Begins. All of the movies I listed were far superior to the Avengers in tone and character. You're going to tell me that Christopher Reeve was not spot on casting for Superman...but Hugh Jackman rocked as the too tall, too pretty, biker leather clad Wolverine?

Now it's my turn to have my mind boggled.

I promised I would never do this again, but here goes. Casey, you have these weird blinders on. You are talking about how good of casting and portrayal was in Superman:The Movie. I agree as it relates to Reeves and also Margot Kidder. But the portrayal of Lex Luthor in those movies as a foppish buffoon is so bad as to make one want to spit.

On the whole, still a great movie and so was Supes II. But you are willing to completely overlook the awful Lex job, whereas you are unable to look past whatever your problems are with the casting/portrayals of Avengers (or Jackman as Wolvie for that matter). It doesn't makes sense.

It feels like you want this current batch of movies to be perfect, like someone was throwing comic panels across the movie screen. They will never be that. But as far as capturing the essence of what makes a comic great, nothing has been as good as the Avengers.

In summation, my greatest wish as it relates to this topic, is that you could enjoy the movie as much as I did. :foryou:

+1

especially to the weird blinders part.

lol

You know what's worse than Sean ( who I like and respect ) lecturing me? You getting to have a laugh at my expense because of it :(

Aw, it was just a joke.

Honestly, Casey, I've seen you get into many a discussion on a variety of subjects and you seem to be very black and white, cut and dry and opinionated...and that's fine...you're allowed to be. I just think that you don't really try to see anyone else's perspective on the matter and that is why I agreed with Sean on the blinders comment.

The Avengers movie hit every sweet spot a fan boy (or girl) generally has, but it wasn't perfect and if you didn't enjoy it I respect that.

My point really is that if the movie were true to what you had wanted it to be, maybe it wouldn't have appealed to the zillion other people. Or maybe it would have. Who knows? I thought they did a good job with it and am happy with the way it turned out.

In the end, it's just a movie, it's just a chat forum and it's not that big of a deal.

I was just having a fun discussion. If the discussion isn't fun anymore I'm out. My opinion isn't that important.

:foryou:

No hard feelings, I just don't agree with you...and I'll prove my point at Wizard World if you can take the debate :)

I prefer Wolverine to be short, gritty, hairy and unattractive.

-Dice

Wolverine fan since Hulk 181.

Dice > Marvelfangirl

:baiting:

A-friicken-men :applause:

Whats Tom Cruise, like 5'6 or something? Is there ANY actor thats been in anything real thats like 5'3??? I cant think of one (shrug)

Peter Dinklage :idea:

Robert Conrad. Isn't he like 5 foot nothin?

5' of pure hunk sauce.

I see somebody's angling for the staring role when the make the movie of the first gay DC hero.

:whistle:

Whats Tom Cruise, like 5'6 or something? Is there ANY actor thats been in anything real thats like 5'3??? I cant think of one (shrug)

:applause:

The real Nick Fury.

46688.jpg

Sorry - I meant Wolverine.

3440721_com_dinklage.jpg

And Brandon Bird thought the same thing.

peter-dinklage-wolverine-lead-600x450.jpg

The real Nick Fury.

46688.jpg

3440721_com_dinklage.jpg

more like Puck from Alpha Flight.

Did I fall asleep and miss the point of the second act? Why did Loki let himself get caught? Something about getting the heroes all together and then angering Banner enough so he becomes the Hulk, goes on a rampage destroys the Heli-carrier and the heroes?

Is that right?

Trojan Horse.

lol

Or the Weird Science version.

bill-paxton-1985_l.jpg

lol

"You're screwed, buttwad!"

One of the best on-screen siblings ever.

Served-up in a dirty ashtray.

lol

Or the Weird Science version.

bill-paxton-1985_l.jpg

lol

"You're screwed, buttwad!"

One of the best on-screen siblings ever.

Served-up in a dirty ashtray.

lol

If I had a dollar for every time I've said that to a hungover buddy...

The real Nick Fury.

46688.jpg

3440721_com_dinklage.jpg

:applause: Tyrion is my favorite character on Game of Thrones

Something really irked me when I watched this and perhaps it's been discussed but I can't read over 100+ pages...

[somewhat spoiler just in case someones lived under a rock the last 3 weeks]

When Bruce Banner fell from the sky (naked and was given clothes) he landed God knows where in America right? Cut to the Avengers battle scene in the middle of New York (which didn't take place long after Banner fell) he rides in on a mo-ped In the MIDDLE OF BATTLE... how the heck did the dude drive across the country in 30 min?

I know it's just a movie (and a comic book movie at that) but these "right time, right place" types of things alwayyyys irk me especially when they are so incredibly impossible to fathom.

Did he fall in middle America? Maybe he was outside the city? There has to be some rural areas in NY, right?

Or maybe he turned into the Hulk, jumped his way to NYC, turned back to Banner, stole a mo-ped and rode in for dramatic effect? (shrug)

The real Nick Fury.

46688.jpg

3440721_com_dinklage.jpg

more like Puck from Alpha Flight.

Nail. Head.

Did he fall in middle America? Maybe he was outside the city? There has to be some rural areas in NY, right?

Or maybe he turned into the Hulk, jumped his way to NYC, turned back to Banner, stole a mo-ped and rode in for dramatic effect? (shrug)

To your second point, he definitely didn't Hulk up because he drove in on the same clothes the old guy gave him. So if he Hulked up they would have been torn up and when he rode in, he would have been naked. I guess, he couldddd have got naked THEN hulked up, but somehow I don't think when he was the Hulk he would have been worried or had the where with all to carry his clothes around.