• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Whats Tom Cruise, like 5'6 or something? Is there ANY actor thats been in anything real thats like 5'3??? I cant think of one (shrug)

Peter Dinklage :idea:

Robert Conrad. Isn't he like 5 foot nothin?

5' of pure hunk sauce.

Actually, back in his heyday, he might have been perfect in the role. Throw some hair on that face, stuff him into some Super hero spandex and throw a cigar in his mouth and Voila...

I'd definitely disagree.

None of those were better than the Avengers and none of the casting jobs were better except for Iron Man and RDJ which obviously was a huge part of the Avengers.

I cant believe you are railing on the Avengers castings and Hugh Jackman as wolverine but youd put Christian Bale and that HORRIFIC voice he uses as what a comic movie should be!!! ???

Thats MIND BOGGLING!!!

I didn't say The Dark Knight...that sucked, I said Batman Begins. All of the movies I listed were far superior to the Avengers in tone and character. You're going to tell me that Christopher Reeve was not spot on casting for Superman...but Hugh Jackman rocked as the too tall, too pretty, biker leather clad Wolverine?

Now it's my turn to have my mind boggled.

Isnt Christian bale in Batman begins???

And no, Reeves was no more spot on than jackman was as Wolverine. I really dont get that point of view. You were really expecting them to find a 5 foot tall actor for Wolverine? Is there even a 5 foot tall actor???

Wolverine is 5'4...but that's just silly details..and yes, I believe they could've found someone better to play Wolverine.

Really? Who?

How about the guy who was originally cast in the part, Russell Crowe? Granted, he's 5'11 ( yes, I realize finding a 5'4 actor is not very practical ), but he's a lot grittier looking than pretty boy Jackman ( who I DO like as an actor, just not Wolverine ).

I love Crowe but no way can i see him as more wolverine than Hugh Jackman was. You keep harping on him as a pretty boy with some stock photo press release. I dont know anyone other than you that thought he came off as a "pretty boy" in the actual movie. I dont think ive ever even heard anyone else say he wasnt a perfect Wolverine (shrug)

You need to talk to more people, as I know several people who feel the same way...but then it's purely anecdotal (shrug)

One item of fact brought to light in this thread: Logan8675309 thinks Hugh Jackman's pretty.

:signfunny:lol

Okay fine. He's entitled to that opinion but it doesn't make it right.

I say this with all due respect:

FU :foryou:

I'd definitely disagree.

None of those were better than the Avengers and none of the casting jobs were better except for Iron Man and RDJ which obviously was a huge part of the Avengers.

I cant believe you are railing on the Avengers castings and Hugh Jackman as wolverine but youd put Christian Bale and that HORRIFIC voice he uses as what a comic movie should be!!! ???

Thats MIND BOGGLING!!!

I didn't say The Dark Knight...that sucked, I said Batman Begins. All of the movies I listed were far superior to the Avengers in tone and character. You're going to tell me that Christopher Reeve was not spot on casting for Superman...but Hugh Jackman rocked as the too tall, too pretty, biker leather clad Wolverine?

And no, Reeves was no more spot on than jackman was as Wolverine. I really dont get that point of view. You were really expecting them to find a 5 foot tall actor for Wolverine? Is there even a 5 foot tall actor???

Wolverine is 5'4...but that's just silly details..and yes, I believe they could've found someone better to play Wolverine.

Really? Who?

How about the guy who was originally cast in the part, Russell Crowe? Granted, he's 5'11 ( yes, I realize finding a 5'4 actor is not very practical ), but he's a lot grittier looking than pretty boy Jackman ( who I DO like as an actor, just not Wolverine ).

I love Crowe but no way can i see him as more wolverine than Hugh Jackman was. You keep harping on him as a pretty boy with some stock photo press release. I dont know anyone other than you that thought he came off as a "pretty boy" in the actual movie. I dont think ive ever even heard anyone else say he wasnt a perfect Wolverine (shrug)

You need to talk to more people, as I know several people who feel the same way...but then it's purely anecdotal (shrug)

If these "people" also didnt like the avengers, i dont think im putting much stock in their opinion hm

I originally wanted Wolverine to be played by Bob Hoskins.

(pause for laughs)

Keep an open mind. He's short, furry, has an accent, is of indeterminate age, and does viscious very well. The only problem is he's not buff. It wouldn't have been the first time an actor got shredded for a role.

Jackman turned out okay, tho.

As someone who watches the Superman movies pretty frequently as I have (I watched Superman Returns this weekend even). I can say I did not mind the Gene Hackman Luthor growing up. Let's face it folks, these movies were aimed at kids at the time. I'm sure they didn't want too scary of a villian for the wee ones. His "used car salesman" approach was the right way too approach this in the tongue in cheek way thay wrote and made it (c'mon Otis or Miss Testmacher stopping an ARMY convoy with her bod). I have to say as I hit my forties in a few years, I still find Kevin Spacey's hateful-predjudiced (alien discrimination) portrayal of Luthor out of place in the franchise the way Singer was trying to bridge his movie with the original movies.

Jerel

+1 I also liked that Donner played it fairly straight. He had signs posted all over the set that read "verisimilitude". I wish that some of the more recent directors of superhero movies adpoted his philosophy.

I'd definitely disagree.

Thats MIND BOGGLING!!!

Really? Who?

If these "people" also didnt like the avengers, i dont think im putting much stock in their opinion hm

So, hypothetically..if they had made an Avengers movie where the characters wore costumes closer to their comicbook counterparts and had been closer to portraying the characters as same...you would've enjoyed the film less?

I'm sorry,I can't picture anyone else playing Wolverine but Hugh Jackman.

Is he too tall for the role?

Yeah,but who cares? (shrug)

He has the look and personally of Wolverine of the comics.

And I think the general public will agree with me on this.

I think "fanboys" are too picky on what their favorite characters should look,act,and who should play them. :P

If you don't like it,then why don't you make a multi-million dollar film of your own and see how that turns out.

If not,then STFU!!!!! :mad:

That's was my rantrant

Whats Tom Cruise, like 5'6 or something? Is there ANY actor thats been in anything real thats like 5'3??? I cant think of one (shrug)

Peter Dinklage :idea:

Robert Conrad. Isn't he like 5 foot nothin?

5' of pure hunk sauce.

robert-conrad-wolvie.jpg

I think "fanboys" are too picky on what their favorite characters should look,act,and who should play them. :P

If you don't like it,then why don't you make a multi-million dollar film of your own and how that turns out.

That's was my rantrant

Tell you what. What Jackman did wasn't too innovative with his look and "personality". Go rent the Clint Eastwood Dollars trilogy. It's what I saw when I saw Jackman's cigar chomping loner wandering in between two warring "camps" in the first X-Men. Not that that's a bad thing to do a homage, because technically A Fistful of Dollars was technically a homage to a Kurosawa film anyway. But, seriously watch them. The Good Bad and The Ugly is one of my favorites. :)

I also liked Luthor in the Superman 1 and 2. While it really wasn't anything like the comics, it was a fun spin. Although why the "worlds smartest criminal" would surround himself with those two fools (and no one else) is beyond me.

If you don't like it,then why don't you make a multi-million dollar film of your own and how that turns out.

That's was my rantrant

Tell you what. What Jackman did wasn't too innovative with his look and "personality". Go rent the Clint Eastwood Dollars trilogy. It's what I saw when I saw Jackman's cigar chomping loner wandering in between two warring "camps" in the first X-Men. Not that that's a bad thing to do a homage, because technically A Fistful of Dollars was technically a homage to a Kurosawa film anyway. But, seriously watch them. The Good Bad and The Ugly is one of my favorites. :)
I know.

I'm just sick & tired of "fanboys" being picky :P

That's was my rantrant

I know.

That's why they are called fanboys...If everything is not perfect to the comic, they complain...Where are they going to find someone who looks exactly like Logan who can act? Fanboys should feel lucky they are even making these films in the first place

That's was my rantrant

I know.

That's why they are called fanboys...If everything is not perfect to the comic, they complain...Where are they going to find someone who looks exactly like Logan who can act? Fanboys should feel lucky they are even making these films in the first place

Yes, because that's exactly what I'm doing. How about fans who give a krap how their comicbook heroes are represented on the big screen and don't feel "lucky" just to have a movie made. :eyeroll:

That's was my rantrant

I know.

Yes, because that's exactly what I'm doing. How about fans who give a krap how their comicbook heroes are represented on the big screen and don't feel "lucky" just to have a movie made. :eyeroll:

Yes,you're being picky :baiting: