• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

What?

No Thanos one? :ohnoez:

Amazingly, no. (shrug)

Just: Loki, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.

Does the Loki one come in size 11 EEEE ?

What?

No Thanos one? :ohnoez:

Amazingly, no. (shrug)

Just: Loki, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Black Widow.

Does the Loki one come in size 11 EEEE ?

Don't know, but this guy handles all sizes of R2-D2 shoes... :)

STAR WARS R2-D2 TOMS Shoes HAND PAINTED *All Sizes* Mens / Womens by Chris

127032.jpg.dbd57794005a424740b5f1211b458315.jpg

So I finally saw THE AVENGERS last night on DVD. I thought my thumb was going to break with all the "rewinding" I did to see a little tidbits of amusement over and over again. Galaga anyone? :roflmao:

I haven't seen DKR yet but but taking that into consideration, THE AVENGERS is hands down the most entertaining comic book superhero movie I have ever seen.

Off to watch it again.

Just watched the Blu-Ray last night and there was NO Thanos scene post-credits!!! :o

Instead, it was...

45 seconds of the Avengers sitting around in a shawarma restaurant. No dialogue, just the 6 of them sitting there eating with the owners cleaning up debris in the background. lol

Just watched the Blu-Ray last night and there was NO Thanos scene post-credits!!! :o

Instead, it was...

45 seconds of the Avengers sitting around in a shawarma restaurant. No dialogue, just the 6 of them sitting there eating with the owners cleaning up debris in the background. lol

Ahhhh Loki,too much mischief not enough reading.

Thanos is halfway through the credits.

Not at the very end.

And if you skipped forward to the eating scene, you also missed the credits with the title theme music of "The Avengers" that leads into the Thanos scene...I love those two minutes with the music blaring and the way they use items with the actors' names...

Dan

D'oh! :blush:

I had seen it in the theatre and just decided to skip straight to the end rather than sit through the entire credits. I guess I'll have to FF through the credits to see it again...

I don't remember the shawarma scene at all from the theatrical version. It's something new then?

And if you skipped forward to the eating scene, you also missed the credits with the title theme music of "The Avengers" that leads into the Thanos scene...I love those two minutes with the music blaring and the way they use items with the actors' names...

Dan

Soundgarden's Live To Rise.

Great song!

I had seen it in the theatre and just decided to skip straight to the end rather than sit through the entire credits. I guess I'll have to FF through the credits to see it again...

I don't remember the shawarma scene at all from the theatrical version. It's something new then?

Nope, was always there.

Nope, was always there.

Wow. I definitely missed that in the theatre. The entire place emptied out after Thanos, so the wife and I left as well.

It was a good call by the director. As I watched the movie last night and Stark was going on about getting shawarma, I thought to myself that showing them at the restaurant would have been an excellent joke to end on. I laughed when I saw it...

You haven't learned to wait til the very, very end, even after the credits-while-the-cleaners-start-mopping-up-the-popcorn yet for every comicbook movie?

Silly noob mistake, Loki.

:preach:

I watch it pretty much every night with my son before he goes to bed; specifically, the last 40 minutes. The whole battle scene is brilliant and funny, and is actually perfect.

We still; crack up every time Hulk punches out Thor, Hulk ragdolls Loki, and they enjoy the shawarma :)

Watched it again last night and one question came to mind..

why didnt they blast the floor the device rested on?

I thought the same thing, but figured the argument would be that instead of the portal being opened above, it would have just opened to the side and we'd have seen the invading army bursting out of a TCBY or something (does NY have these?).