• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw "The Avengers"

1,087 posts in this topic

Did he fall in middle America? Maybe he was outside the city? There has to be some rural areas in NY, right?

Or maybe he turned into the Hulk, jumped his way to NYC, turned back to Banner, stole a mo-ped and rode in for dramatic effect? (shrug)

To your second point, he definitely didn't Hulk up because he drove in on the same clothes the old guy gave him. So if he Hulked up they would have been torn up and when he rode in, he would have been naked. I guess, he couldddd have got naked THEN hulked up, but somehow I don't think when he was the Hulk he would have been worried or had the where with all to carry his clothes around.

I gotta say, I find these discussions hilarious! I posted earlier how my best friend just couldn't get past how Hawkeye didn't run out of arrows. It wasn't realistic and ruined the movie for him. Superheroes and alien invasions- totally believable

Amount of arrows in Hawkeyes quiver- totally unbelievable

lol

This is the same thing to me. People can believe that a guy turns green and gets strong enough to toss a building into outer space but can't get past how he got to NYC so fast! :roflmao:

About that Hulk vs FFF throwdown --

That scene rocked so hard that the entire world audience embraced its greatness; well, with the exception of a small coterie of inaccessible zealots called fanboys.

You know, the fans who claim hold of title True Fan.

Did he fall in middle America? Maybe he was outside the city? There has to be some rural areas in NY, right?

Or maybe he turned into the Hulk, jumped his way to NYC, turned back to Banner, stole a mo-ped and rode in for dramatic effect? (shrug)

To your second point, he definitely didn't Hulk up because he drove in on the same clothes the old guy gave him. So if he Hulked up they would have been torn up and when he rode in, he would have been naked. I guess, he couldddd have got naked THEN hulked up, but somehow I don't think when he was the Hulk he would have been worried or had the where with all to carry his clothes around.

Yeah, I said that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek (what graemlin should we use for that?).

Just saw it and thought it was FANTASTIC !! Excellent pacing and comedy. The only thing that started to wear on me was how much fighting they did with themselves. If they had shown one more inner group battle, I think it could have turned my experiance south.

I'd watch it again. :applause:

Rank 3 for Avengers (worship)

Domestic: 538,116,000 --- 40.4%

+ Foreign: $793,200,000 --- 59.6%

------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $1,331,316,000

All Time Domestic -- #3

All Time Worldwide -- #3

It's incredible that a Superhero movie has had this much success. It does wonders for our hobby.

I can't wait for the Blu Ray to come out in September.

I gotta say, I find these discussions hilarious! I posted earlier how my best friend just couldn't get past how Hawkeye didn't run out of arrows. It wasn't realistic and ruined the movie for him. Superheroes and alien invasions- totally believable

lol

This is the same thing to me. People can believe that a guy turns green and gets strong enough to toss a building into outer space but can't get past how he got to NYC so fast! :roflmao:

While I don't agree with your friend in the sense that it's something that would ruin the movie for me, I can understand his point...it's kind of annoying. Maybe Hawkeye gets his arrows from the same dimension Cyclops gets the energy for his eyebeams :insane:

Rank 3 for Avengers (worship)

Domestic: 538,116,000 --- 40.4%

+ Foreign: $793,200,000 --- 59.6%

------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $1,331,316,000

All Time Domestic -- #3

All Time Worldwide -- #3

:whee:

lol

While I don't agree with your friend in the sense that it's something that would ruin the movie for me, I can understand his point...it's kind of annoying. Maybe Hawkeye gets his arrows from the same dimension Cyclops gets the energy for his eyebeams :insane:

This was answered later in the thread.

Hawkeye did in fact run out of arrows, and there was a steady dwindling of his supply. So all in all, it was pretty accurate. It even showed him recovering arrows close by on occasion.