• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favorite scene in a CB movie or TV show?

240 posts in this topic

There may be some movies or shows that overall didn't turn out so well. But maybe there was a scene that impressed you nonetheless.

For me, I was really impressed with these scenes.

If this had developed the way the movie kicked off, it could have been quite interesting.

Off the top of my head, the Wolverine /Lady Deathstrike battle is marvelous, violent and wet and brutal.Lady Deathstrike was perfect, she kicked Scott's azz too.

Hulk / Loki is really the best moment in all the films perhaps. But then again, the first Spider-Man shots of him swinging through the city hitting the memorable poses was something special at the time, unparalleled even.

I also enjoy the big battle in X-men 3 I guess, with all the mutants and Kelsey Grammer bouncing around. I love looking at all the mutants. I have not seen DoFP at home yet but will enjoy those future scenes.

Off the top of my head, the Wolverine /Lady Deathstrike battle is marvelous, violent and wet and brutal.Lady Deathstrike was perfect, she kicked Scott's azz too.

:applause:

Logan's reaction is quite funny too.

That reminds me...

One of the best deliveries in a CBM in achieving the essence of a character.

+1. The Nightcrawler White House segment in X-2 is hard to beat. The scene where Superman appears for the first time and saves Lois Lane and prevents the helicopter from potentially harming people on the street in 'Superman '78' is a CLOSE second. Edited by Sagii

I'm probably gonna screw up the thread you started Nick, but I consider a scene as a moment also,

I know a lot of people are gonna pick some fx scene, but in huge movies like these, I love the quieter moments.

My top three off the top of my head:

3. Superman II (original cut), when Superman finally kneels before Zod and takes his hand. But, John Williams theme starts to swell and Superman breaks Zod's hand and then disposes him rather easily.

2.Spider-Man, when the green goblin is about to impale Peter who is trapped holding onto a cable car and MJ and all hope is gone, a group of New Yorkers throws bricks and pipes at the goblin in effort to save him. "This is NY! You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" It brings a grin to my face every time, especially after all the recent heroism in Boston.

1. Spider-Man 2, full of little moments here and there. I thought the subway scene was effective, but preachy and a rehash of the bridge folks from the first one. I was blown away though, when runaway bride meets up with Peter at the end, yet he has to leave to save a crisis. As she watches him swing off into the sunset, she gives this vague look the camera lingers on. Dread? Sorrow? "What did I just do?" It set up the third chapter brilliantly (which in turn jettisoned this kind of drama).

3. Superman II (original cut), when Superman finally kneels before Zod and takes his hand. But, John Williams theme starts to swell and Superman breaks Zod's hand and then disposes him rather easily.

I think this is from the Donner Cut, as you see Zod fall into the pit.

I think this is from the Donner Cut, as you see Zod fall into the pit.

Donner's Cut doesn't have Superman's theme as he hoists him up.

I thought that was the coolest thing when I was seven. :D

Same here!

As a kid, I didn't put it together then that Superman had just thrown Zod into a bottomless pit, along with his supporting cast falling in afterwards.

:ohnoez:

I'd like to add...

4. Spider-Man 2, there a police chase going on with some crooks. A car gets sideswiped and flies into a group of people. Just about when it's about to hit them it soundlessly stops. The camera pans exposing a web, a one beautiful woman says "A web?", Spidey swings through and she screams "Go Spidey, Go!". The original two Spidey movies always captured the personalities and joy of the people he rescued better than any other funnybook movie around that time and the view felt it.

5. Guardians of the Galaxy, at the end with that song blasting with everyone smiling (Groot bogeying) at each other in that spaceship's cockpit made you just feel good about life. It was like at the end of the original series Star Trek episodes, where Kirk is grinning his way to the captain's chair after defeating certain doom, primed for the next adventure. After GotG, you want MOAR!!!

Same here!

As a kid, I didn't put it together then that Superman had just thrown Zod into a bottomless pit, along with his supporting cast falling in afterwards.

:ohnoez:

If this was the Modern Con Air era, he would have to be killed a hundred times over like Cyrus the Virus was, so the audience got it. I like the vagueness, he was defeated when he was taken off screen, whether he was smushed, frozen in ice or arrested (remember no powers), it didn't matter he was no longer a threat to the Man of Steel. Let's just wrap up the movie (oh gawd, amnesia kisses, lol ). :)