• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favorite scene in a CB movie or TV show?

240 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

The difference between the Nolan and Affleck Batman costumes is Nolan made me believe that a man dressed up as a bat could fight crime, while Affleck reminded me how crazy it is to think in real life some guy could dress up as a bat and fight crime. Affleck and that costume took away the coolness/belief factor of Batman, and kind of made the Batman seem campy. Kind of like the Clooney Batman. Really it might take years for Batman to recover like it took years for Batman to go from the unserious Adam West to Burton Dark Knight Batman.

I don't know.  I thought the Batman warehouse scene in BvS was awesome and put to bed any thoughts that the man couldn't move freely enough in the suit to fight crime.  It was almost like a fight from the Arkham video games brought to life.  Batman's initial fight with a parademon in Justice League helped to expand this.  It gave me a sense of how a night of patrolling/stalking prey goes for him.  It looked good to me.

For me, Affleck's Batman was pretty good...but his Bruce Wayne does nothing for me.  The same could be said for Andrew Garfield's Spider-man.  His Spidey was pretty good, but his Peter Parker was far and away the worst incarnation we've seen on screen.  Totally missed the mark.  Actors playing dual-identity superheroes must nail both roles to really stand out.  I think Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton understood this, which is why their interpretations are so enduring. 

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I don't know.  I thought the Batman warehouse scene in BvS was awesome and put to bed any thoughts that the man couldn't move freely enough in the suit to fight crime.  It was almost like a fight from the Arkham video games brought to life.  Batman's initial fight with a parademon in Justice League helped to expand this.  It gave me a sense of how a night of patrolling/stalking prey goes for him.  It looked good to me.

For me, Affleck's Batman was pretty good...but his Bruce Wayne does nothing for me.  The same could be said for Andrew Garfield's Spider-man.  His Spidey was pretty good, but his Peter Parker was far and away the worst incarnation we've seen on screen.  Totally missed the mark.  Actors playing dual-identity superheroes must nail both roles to really stand out.  I think Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton understood this, which is why their interpretations are so enduring. 

I think I just got fatigued with Batman,Superman,X-Men and Spider-Man movies. For some reason I look forward now to characters more like Black Panther,DeadPool, Wonder Woman, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy. 

I am sure I will like Batman,Superman,X-Men and Spider-Man movies again someday,but right now I rather watch other super heroes whose stories seem fresher to me.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:36 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

The difference between the Nolan and Affleck Batman costumes is Nolan made me believe that a man dressed up as a bat could fight crime, while Affleck reminded me how crazy it is to think in real life some guy could dress up as a bat and fight crime. Affleck and that costume took away the coolness/belief factor of Batman, and kind of made the Batman seem campy. Kind of like the Clooney Batman. Really it might take years for Batman to recover like it took years for Batman to go from the unserious Adam West to Burton Dark Knight Batman.

I know for one I am in no rush to go out and see another Batman/Superman movie. I bet mainstream agrees with me. They are tainted now and it will take time for their brand to comeback at the box office.

Time to move on to Lobo, Deathstroke and other DC characters.

hm

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:50 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:27 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Nolans Batman films are great (the first two) but this Batman was bad

I want a batman movie now. The fight scene in the warehouse I need to see again. I'm taking my nephew this coming week. It was awesome.

It was great.

I also thought the fight between Batman and Superman was the most brutal super hero fight ever on the movie screen!

9_9

I like music sequences, so my fav from a non-MCU Marvel movie is the Hulk's Freedom scene from 2003 Hulk, where the big guy is jumping through the desert after escaping the U.S. Army. It exemplifies the movie's theme of freedom and recalls the classic Hulk stories.

X2 - The very first scene of the film, Nightcrawler in the White House. What an opener. It still holds up 20 years later, and still gives me that same rush of adrenaline. I remember seeing it in the cinema with my girlfriend of the time. She liked the first film, but wasn't an X-Men fan besides that, knew nothing about them. That scene absolutely captivated her, and for the rest of the film she didn't even look over at me, so powerful was that opener. She was gripped. 

On 11/9/2023 at 1:43 AM, Cat said:

X2 - The very first scene of the film, Nightcrawler in the White House. What an opener. It still holds up 20 years later, and still gives me that same rush of adrenaline. I remember seeing it in the cinema with my girlfriend of the time. She liked the first film, but wasn't an X-Men fan besides that, knew nothing about them. That scene absolutely captivated her, and for the rest of the film she didn't even look over at me, so powerful was that opener. She was gripped. 

That is a great scene. I'd put Quicksilver saves everyone up there with it as well.