• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 4

152 posts in this topic

I posted this in the 'Big Monsters' thread.

As an opening, that is just incredible that this movie has already exceeded its production budget. And I realize half of the domestic take will go to the theaters. But if this trend continues, it will easily reach a profit level and then some.

Many outlets are reporting that Paramount fudged the numbers and that the movie really took in $97 million. Supposedly this is a big thing. In reality it doesn't change the fact that I still don't know what I want for dinner.

:roflmao:

But man. That is bad if there was some playing around with the box office take.

I posted this in the 'Big Monsters' thread.

I73TWZA.png

z2JCxld.png

As an opening, that is just incredible that this movie has already exceeded its production budget. And I realize half of the domestic take will go to the theaters. But if this trend continues, it will easily reach a profit level and then some.

Not to mention the kick from DVD, Blu-Ray, RedBox and merchandising sales.

Wife, kid and I saw it this weekend. I liked it. Thought it was a bit long, but it kept moving. The acting wasn't award level, the -script could have been better, but when I looked at my movie stub, it did say Transformers and not Schindler's List. When a counter service lunch will set you back $10-$12, three hours of seeing a cartoon from the 80's come to life for $40 for three people...worth it every day and twice on Sunday. 2c

What's weird is this 'controversy' is only being covered on a few sites. The majority are stating $302 MM. Even Forbes.com has it at that.

Box Office: 'Transformers 4' Nabs $302M Weekend

They are saying the China results alone were record-breaking.

Why ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction's’ Huge China Opening Is a Game Changer for Hollywood

I took my boys (2 10yr olds and a 4 yr old) and they absolutely loved it. They don't need a complicated plot. They want to see good transformers vs bad transformers.

They totally lost it when Optimus Prime wielding a sword gets atop a fire breathing dinosaur. To them nothing else could have been more awesome.

I'm hoping to find time to go see this this weekend. I, personally, loved the first three movies. They were exactly what I wanted: mindless entertainment. A cute girl, some explosions and a bunch of robots beating the outta each other! AWESOME.

I never understand why people complain about Michael Bay films. I mean, you KNOW what you're gonna get when you put down your money for the ticket ... why complain about the lack of plot, or the bad acting, or the explosions. It's MICHAEL BAY.

I'm hoping to find time to go see this this weekend. I, personally, loved the first three movies. They were exactly what I wanted: mindless entertainment. A cute girl, some explosions and a bunch of robots beating the outta each other! AWESOME.

I never understand why people complain about Michael Bay films. I mean, you KNOW what you're gonna get when you put down your money for the ticket ... why complain about the lack of plot, or the bad acting, or the explosions. It's MICHAEL BAY.

When it comes to Transformers, and soon TMNT, its mainly because their childhood memories are being stomped on.

Went to see it last weekend. Overall it was a decent movie. Liked it better without the Sam Witwicky character. I just wish they didn't always have to play the evil Gov't card, it gets old after awhile.
I've only seen the first three movies and have no knowledge of the Transformers universe in the 80's, but I was wondering there was a "human element" in the cartoons or comics? I really liked the original (basically "a boy and his car") and didn't mind the eye candy of the sequels, but the human characters are somewhat lacking (other than Megan Fox's sexpot, Rachel Taylor and the bad-azz soldiers). Could there be just a Transformers only movie down the road, since their characters have been "fleshed" out by now?

Went to see it last weekend. Overall it was a decent movie. Liked it better without the Sam Witwicky character. I just wish they didn't always have to play the evil Gov't card, it gets old after awhile.
I've only seen the first three movies and have no knowledge of the Transformers universe in the 80's, but I was wondering there was a "human element" in the cartoons or comics? I really liked the original (basically "a boy and his car") and didn't mind the eye candy of the sequels, but the human characters are somewhat lacking (other than Megan Fox's sexpot, Rachel Taylor and the bad-azz soldiers). Could there be just a Transformers only movie down the road, since their characters have been "fleshed" out by now?

Yes they had a friend name Spike Witwicky and his father Sparkplug and in later seasons SPike's son Daniel and his wife. Overall these films have been very faithful to the original series. The next film has to have the Quintessons in it from what I saw here. Yeah not much advancing the plot people complaining Bay advances the plot enough without spelling it our for these mindless haters who want everything shown to them and told to them.

Saw this the other night. I wasn't expecting much to begin with anyway, but I did enjoy it. IMO, about 30 minutes too long. And for a huge part of the marketing being based on the Dinobots, they introduced them way too late in the movie, and didn't have enough to do. Really didn't explain how they existed either.

Saw this the other night. I wasn't expecting much to begin with anyway, but I did enjoy it. IMO, about 30 minutes too long. And for a huge part of the marketing being based on the Dinobots, they introduced them way too late in the movie, and didn't have enough to do. Really didn't explain how they existed either.

Yes they did the Dinobots along with Optimus Prime were being taken back to their makers aka the Quintessons. That is being saved for the 5th film.

I was on a business trip in Mentor, Ohio and decided to go see this. The theater was across the street and on Mondays charges $5 for any movie all day. I didn't think it was that bad but agree it was somewhat long. I also visited Heroes and Friends comics in the mall - nice store and lots of back issues (GA and SA included) - but that has nothing to do with the movie. lol