• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Start right out with honey. Lev Gleason 1941 Silver Streak Comics #15 brings you this awsome premium. It is 1-1/2". Full color and very graphic. Also included a membership card which I don't have but would LOVE to find...

comadsilverstreak_zpsth8s821b.jpg

Not sure which book offered this cool portrait of the Silver Streak as an offer. Anybody got a copy that shows the offer?

silverstreakpicture_zps4ujpyrwu.jpg

I think I answered this question before on a different thread. But just in case, I got this photo from Silver Streak 10. :banana:

17642294835_b19c333e91_c.jpg

Start out with a doosey today. The earliest Speed comic I have is #8 and this is what was offered. I consider myself very fortunate to have the only complete kit I know of. Even the "king" Ted Hake has never seen one. The #11 cover is a bit over sized and blank on back.

comadspeedcomics_zpsrotmokn9.jpg

speedcomicskit_zps800e91b5.jpg

Some of this material is SO fascinating, Robot, loving it! :luhv:

Just a logical side trip to collecting comic books my friend!

But SO historically cool as well! :)

In Italy, as you can guess, during wartime we might have had just paper inserts or "extras". Pins were expensive, so you might find pins related to comics but were sold as standalone items.

Ever see any Italian vintage pins that feature American characters? I have quite a few from the 1930's to 1950's from Australia and England. Always looking for stuff from other countries.

Hmm… I don’t think so. Classic syndicated characters appeared here since 1934, but most comic book characters (especially super-heroes) did not make it to Italy prior to 1945-46.

Most of the (few) earlier pins done here feature either Disney or italian characters. The other stuff is recent, mostly from the 1980s onward, and not much interesting, IMO.

Edited by vaillant