• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Mailman made my day again yesterday. I'm really going to have to tip him at the holidays. He finally brought me issue #2 of this cool 4 issue series. I have been looking for many years for these and have only seen #2 on ebay once in the past 6 years. But today the quest is over.

This cool title features Moronica from the Dizzy Dames comic. Annother real feat to put together. I've still got 2 issues to complete that one. Starlet O'Hara is full of good girl art including lots of bathing suits and underwear.

#4 also has un-credited Frazetta art that is actually pretty good for this publisher.

Now I have the un-daunting task of upgrading a couple of them but at least I now have all 4.

I give you the whole run of Starlet O'Hara of Hollywood.

comstarletohara1_zpsurxy5hhc.jpg

I like Moderns. In fact, I don't have enough of them :sorry: Here are a few

Modern%2069_zpsciyfa5og.jpg

There are some very nice interiors in some of those Moderns with the Crandall "Blackhawk" and Ward "Torchy" being the usual standouts.

Modern69splashCrandall.jpg

just showing my mess...it is way worse now..this is last year...

b12fe4db-a54b-433d-a3fe-d2a6bb14c62c_zpsed5df601.jpg

My wife would KILL me if my "junk room" looked like that. I should PM you a couple pics. My wife is pretty cool as long as it's "tasteful" My stuff is displayed and not laying around most of the time. She even lets me put small amounts of stuff around the rest of the house. She's a keeper.

How you feeling Jimmers? Better I hope. It doesn't seem to have messed with your positive spirit.

And sorry about the Black Cat. I've never met one yet that I didn't like and that was a good one. Babes & Bikes. Who could want more?

I usually don't go out of my way for these although I do have some. I believe they are known as "sweat mags" I saw a copy of this years ago and have wanted one of my own ever since. A local boardie was kind enough to trade me his. It is #2 from 1958. Bettie Page or what? Content is pretty good as well actually.

magexotic_zpslueyblyf.jpg