• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I may not have time in the next day or so, so I want to wish all my fellow boardies a safe and insane 4th of July!

comholiday3_zpsjmetpqp4.jpg

Happy Independence Day to all you Yankees, but what on earth is a koala doing enjoying the frivolities?

(Great cover, by the way).

Rose Bowl Sunday! 2nd weekend of the month. Got up with the crows, cuppa joe and flashlight in hand looking for the "worm".

It was a little light today. Got a couple nice oil cans and a cool kids giveaway beanie that was given away at a DeSoto and Pontiac dealership. Good sellers at shows.

Fished these two out of a dollar box. Nothing like a tied up girl to wake you up in the morning...

pulplifestory_zpsix4snw86.jpg

pulpcrimedetective_zpsxwb33igm.jpg

But this was a rare find! It's a very large store display unit from Kelloggs in 1959. Great cross collecting piece for cereal and car collectors. Will look great in my next show booth and sell VERY quickly for a tidy profit! These are the things I get up early for...

kelloggsign1_zpsfxkdvfnr.jpg

Since fifties and I have been having so much fun, I've kind of neglected this thread. This is an odd subset I've been working on for some time. This seems to be a popular theme in comics, especially humor. But, as you should see they often take a darker tone...