• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Stanhall Publications. A small little publisher that put out a small line of pretty cool books. These small runs have gotton very challenging and expensive to aquire these days. It amazes me how much these have gone up in price over the years. I finally got the last issue of GI Jane to complete my run so I thought today I'd feature the complete runs of most of this little publisher. A very hard group to get in any confition above vg. I have some nice ones and I have some not so nice ones but most important, I now have them all!

Here is Farmer's Daughter #1 and 2:

comfarmersdaughter1_zpseknnnpzf.jpg

GI Jane. This title features the adventured of Jane Whirley. Some risque situations here. A smart girl who usually gets what she wants. An 11 issue run and very challenging to put together. Lucky for me they wern't that hot when I first started collecting them. Took me a while but here they are. I'd like to upgrade some but don't think I will be paying the prices they go for today so I will have to get lucky.

#1,2,3

comgijane1_zpsiupqpevv.jpg

Several years ago somebody on eBay auctioned a full run of Farmer's Daughter #1, #2, #3 and #4. There were all mid-range, probably VG's or VG+'s. If memory serves, the auction hammer price was $400 and change. That is one of those auctions that years later, I still kick myself for not bidding higher.

Fantastic collection you've got there. I keep thinking I've seen your best stuff, then you post a wealth of even more great stuff.

Today I am going to feature wild, weird and "oddball" comics as Scott Shaw likes to call them. These are books that are in a category by themselves. Hard to file because they just don't belong anywhere else but together. I love this stuff and have a whole box of them. These are some standouts.

Alice #10 (#1) Ziff Davis

Just out there. One of the best "spanking" covers I know of. Kinda, racist, kinda kinky and just plain odd.

comalice10_zpsqycvjtk6.jpg

I continue the weirdness with the second issue of Muggsy Mouse. Why are these natives following a mouse into the jungle? They all have that stupid "zombie" look on their faces and are carrying his cheese on their heads. He must be paying a lot of beads.

commuggsymouse2_zpsrhoaoual.jpg