• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Cookie #46. Another 3-D parody cover like the GI Jane #5 I posted yesterday. There are probably more of these type of covers but I don't have any more that I know of. Cookie is a real good title and pretty underrated. Great covers and a lot of them have Dizzy Dames Moronica stories as well.

comcookie46_zpsoa5ggzly.jpg

I continue the weirdness with the second issue of Muggsy Mouse. Why are these natives following a mouse into the jungle? They all have that stupid "zombie" look on their faces and are carrying his cheese on their heads. He must be paying a lot of beads.

commuggsymouse2_zpsrhoaoual.jpg

Muggsy's just lucky he didn't encounter the angry carrot people.

lf_zps9a23e77a.jpeg

Last one today is a cover most people know of. Strange Terrors #4. Illustrated by William Ekgren. Ekgren only did a few covers for comics. All of them are very detailed and "artsy". This one should have been in my "sexual ennunendo" segment a while back. Doesn't get any more phalic and strange than this. Makes you wonder how many people put two and two together back in the day?

comstrangeterrors4_zpsxqchqxcu.jpg

I continue the weirdness with the second issue of Muggsy Mouse. Why are these natives following a mouse into the jungle? They all have that stupid "zombie" look on their faces and are carrying his cheese on their heads. He must be paying a lot of beads.

commuggsymouse2_zpsrhoaoual.jpg

Muggsy's just lucky he didn't encounter the angry carrot people.

lf_zps9a23e77a.jpeg

Paitence Grasshopper! Was was going to cove that one as well...

He Man #1. Annother short run of two issues. I featured #2 back a while ago with a great shark cover. This one is very strange. Who is the "He Man"? The reader or the gorilla? And who is "Mr. Flatfoot"?

comheman1_zpszczooqip.jpg

3291345621_70a8c89271_o.jpg

That reminds me of this Rage cover which is on one of the issues that had art by Baker inside.

I own a two-pager story original art from that He-Man # 1. It's actually reused from an earlier John Wayne issue, # 2 I believe. If you still have the book handy, it's the Horses of the Old West two-pager. The art came with a copy of the book so I am "proud" to also own a copy of He-Man # 1. Never chased down # 2 :P

He Man #1. Annother short run of two issues. I featured #2 back a while ago with a great shark cover. This one is very strange. Who is the "He Man"? The reader or the gorilla? And who is "Mr. Flatfoot"?

comheman1_zpszczooqip.jpg

3291345621_70a8c89271_o.jpg

That reminds me of this Rage cover which is on one of the issues that had art by Baker inside.

"Inside a sin house" and a nice babe sure trumps "Mr Flatfoot"...

I own a two-pager story original art from that He-Man # 1. It's actually reused from an earlier John Wayne issue, # 2 I believe. If you still have the book handy, it's the Horses of the Old West two-pager. The art came with a copy of the book so I am "proud" to also own a copy of He-Man # 1. Never chased down # 2 :P

Post that art Scrooge!

Peter Panda #5. A pretty well known "weird" cover. Vegetable people bondage cover. Really makes you want to eat your vegetables as a kid!

competerpanda5_zpsu5ipad6q.jpg

Roll reversal! In this one, it's the vegetables that eat the meat! :o

I don't believe I ever posted any of these. Premium rings. These are very prized by premium collectors. Almost everybody had a ring. They are often are refered to as "decoder rings". There is only one true decoder ring I know of and it was made in the 1960's. There are some very creative and elaborate concepts with different features. Some just look cool. Here are just a few of mine.

Here is a group of baseball rings from the 1930's/1940's. Left to right top are Ted Williams "batter up" ring, Andy Pafco "scorekeeper" ring, and Babe Ruth ring. Bottom are the two Dizzy Dean rings.

ringsbaseball_zpsvyekvlct.jpg

Next up is another baseball ring. The Kelloggs "batter up" ring with mailer and papers. This is a dexterity type ring where you move the balls into each of the bases. Has a spring "bat" to launch the balls into the outfield. From the "Billy Farrow" collection. A huge collection of premiums I got at the San Diego con a number of years ago.

ringbaseballbatterup_zpspimzhtca.jpg