• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

10 Facts You Need to Know About Gambit

His Full Potential Powers Are Very Dangerous

On an alternate Earth, Gambit – who eventually goes by the names New Sun/Son – becomes so powerful that he’s able to defeat the Phoenix, and he eventually causes the destruction of every other living being on his planet. (Way to go, alternate Remy.) This version of him is absurdly powerful, being able to control molecules via just a look; he can even travel between dimensions. At one point, the 616 version of Gambit has Mr. Sinister reduce his powers, rightfully fearing that he doesn’t have proper control of them. That fear would soon fade and Gambit has shown exceptional control over his mutant abilities, although he’s not nearly as powerful as his counter-part from the other Earth.

I did not know that.

:ohnoez:

10 Facts You Need to Know About Gambit

His Full Potential Powers Are Very Dangerous

On an alternate Earth, Gambit – who eventually goes by the names New Sun/Son – becomes so powerful that he’s able to defeat the Phoenix, and he eventually causes the destruction of every other living being on his planet. (Way to go, alternate Remy.) This version of him is absurdly powerful, being able to control molecules via just a look; he can even travel between dimensions. At one point, the 616 version of Gambit has Mr. Sinister reduce his powers, rightfully fearing that he doesn’t have proper control of them. That fear would soon fade and Gambit has shown exceptional control over his mutant abilities, although he’s not nearly as powerful as his counter-part from the other Earth.

I did not know that.

:ohnoez:

Channing Tatum should never be that powerful.

Dang! Someone made a good Gambit movie joke, and now look.

Director Rupert Wyatt Drops Out of Channing Tatum’s ‘Gambit’ Movie

Update: 20th Century Fox has release an official statement from Wyatt regarding his departure from the film.

“I was very much looking forward to working with my friend Channing and the team at Fox, but regrettably a push in the start date now conflicts with another project. I thank them for the opportunity, and I know that Gambit will make a terrific film.”

Update: 20th Century Fox has release an official statement from Wyatt regarding his departure from the film.

“I was very much looking forward to working with my friend Channing and the team at Fox, but regrettably a push in the start date now conflicts with another project. I thank them for the opportunity, and I know that Gambit will make a terrific film.”

Rupert clearly realized that Tatum is a horrible choice for Gambit, and wisely decided to flee the scene of the crime.

Rupert clearly realized that Tatum is a horrible choice for Gambit, and wisely decided to flee the scene of the crime.

I hope they don't botch gambit. He's such a cool character.

I hope they don't botch gambit. He's such a cool character.

Unfortunately, the damage has already been done.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP

True. Was Tatum the producer or something?

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP

True. Was Tatum the producer or something?

No, but I believe one of the female producers has admitted to having a huge crush on the guy. :whistle:

What timing!

The Top 3 Contenders To Direct 'Gambit'

This past Sunday, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider tweeted that star Channing Tatum was courting Edge of Tomorrow & The Bourne Identity director Doug Liman to direct the project.

According to my sourcing however, there are two other names as well in contention to direct the X-Men spinoff film. I'm being that told along with Liman, the other two contenders are Attack The Block's Joe Cornish and Iron Man 3's Shane Black.

Joe Cornish recently got story and screenplay credit on Marvel's Ant-Man. Cornish has been up for some major directing gigs ever since he blew up with his HOT feature directorial debut Attack the Block. The film is also the debut of John Boyega who will next be seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Shane Black is a LEGENDARY screenwriter turned big time director who directed Marvel's Iron Man 3 to a worldwide gross of $1.2 billion. Black is currently in post production on his next film The Nice Guys which stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. He is also attached to direct the Predator reboot for Fox and recently handed in his draft of the -script.

Doug Liman In Final Negotiations To Direct Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie

20th Century Fox is in final negotiations with Doug Liman to direct the Gambit solo film, according to THR.

Liman met with Fox several times about the position, including a Thursday meeting, which apparently went smoothly. Previous reports claimed Channing Tatum, who will star as the card-tossing mutant, has been courting Liman ever since Rupert Wyatt unexpectedly exited the project 2 months ago.

The 50-year-old filmmaker is known for Swingers (1996), The Bourne Identity (2002), Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) and Edge of Tomorrow (2014). He recently wrapped filming on an '80s drug cartel film, Mena, which reunited him with his Edge of Tomorrow star Tom Cruise.

GAMBIT Will Be A Sexy Heist Thriller; Expected Start Date Possibly Confirms Move To 2017

Over the past week, Collider has been providing great updates on the X-Men film universe, revealing detail after detail from their extensive chat with producer/writer Simon Kinberg. After giving us some great stuff about X-Men: Apocalypse & Deadpool, they're back today with some Gambit-related news, specifically what kind of film we should expect.

“I mean Deadpool obviously has a very different, almost antithetical tone to the mainline X-Men movies,” says Kinberg. “The X-Men movies are dramatic and almost operatic, whereas Deadpool is irreverent and hysterical and sort of a dirty R-rated comedy in many ways. And Gambit will have its own different flavor and tone to it, will be more of like a heist movie and a sexy thriller in a way.”

"We have a director in and I don’t know if I’m allowed to say who it is yet because his deal isn’t done, but it’s somebody we’re excited about, and somebody I adore, and hopefully we can make an announcement soon about that. But we’ve been spending a lot of time together—Channing, [Reid Carolin, Tatum’s producing partner], [screenwriter Joshua Zetumer], the director, and myself—just working on the -script, and we hope to start shooting next spring."