• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

Anyone catch Channing Tatum helping ol Stan Lee off the stage after the massive selfie. :preach:

I didnt see anyone else give a about the guy who gave them all their jobs.

Major props to you Mr. Tatum (thumbs u

I was on the fence about this movie but just from that gesture of respect ill spend some coin and support.

:applause:

Anyone catch Channing Tatum helping ol Stan Lee off the stage after the massive selfie. :preach:

I was on the fence about this movie but just from that gesture of respect ill spend some coin and support.

Agreed. People writing him off so quickly might want to rethink that.

It definitely didn't go unnoticed.

Actual superhero Channing Tatum helps Stan Lee off the stage at Comic-Con

Just about every Fox superhero descended upon Hall H for the panel, sharing everything from Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine audition reel to the trailer for Deadpool (which was such a hit, they showed it twice). Toward the end of the panel, Lee and Tatum (in a Gambit T-shirt) made an appearance, and host Chris Hardwick took a selfie with the entire group to wrap things up. While everyone cheered and waved to the audience, Tatum helped the 92-year-old Lee off the stage, and the Internet went nuts.

It definitely didn't go unnoticed.

Actual superhero Channing Tatum helps Stan Lee off the stage at Comic-Con

Just about every Fox superhero descended upon Hall H for the panel, sharing everything from Hugh Jackmans Wolverine audition reel to the trailer for Deadpool (which was such a hit, they showed it twice). Toward the end of the panel, Lee and Tatum (in a Gambit T-shirt) made an appearance, and host Chris Hardwick took a selfie with the entire group to wrap things up. While everyone cheered and waved to the audience, Tatum helped the 92-year-old Lee off the stage, and the Internet went nuts.

To be fair, how nice or helpful person is generally probably doesn't have much bearing on one's ability to play a mutant who fights with a bo staff and has a Cajun accent. So I'm not sure that many minds will be changed.

With that being said, while I generally won't go see a movie just to see Tatum, I've been pretty entertained (or at least not turned off by him) by every movie he's been in, whether its bigger or littler roles.

Stuff I've seen: The movie where Rooney Mara murders him, 21 and 22 jump street, step up, the one with Gina Carano, This is the End, Gi Joe. I've liked all those movies (GI joe a bit less).

Can he do Cajun? not sure. But I don't mind waiting for reviews to find out...

Gambit Casting Call Reveals Character Details

While we wait for additional casting announcements, a reported casting call for the film has hit the net revealing character details.

More than likely the names of the characters are just a codename, but some of the details are specific (via showbiz411). Check out the list:

• Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected
    dark side.

• Vera– Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. Beautiful, smart, tough, fiery and unpredictable.

• Wes– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 30s. Aspirational but weak minded. Soulful and sensitive.

• Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy.

• Nash– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A potent threat. Heir to his mother’s business. Malevolent.

• Willhelm– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Dangerous street criminal. Protective and loyal to his family. Intensely loyal and violent.

• Gary– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A little simple; dim-witted and passive.

• Nonna—Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – 30 years old. Uptight, corporate, vicious, sexual.

• Joe– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. He’s a gun for hire. He is the black sheep of his family. Not from good breeding but from a working class family.

• Ben–Male, any ethnicity, 20s. Just reaching adulthood. A street kid, a disaffected outsider, an orphan.

• Boris–Male, Hispanic, 20s. Charming, handsome, and dangerous..

• Clarissa– Female, mixed race, 10 – 12 years old. Ethereal and other worldly. Very expressive.

• Wolfgang– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French.

• Howard– Male, Caucasian. 50s. A refined European mobster who speaks fluent French.

‘Gambit’ Estimated to Have $150 Million Budget

Now a new report from Comicbook.com not only appears to confirm the movie’s start date, but gives us a snapshot of the movie’s production budget. A company called Louisiana Development Economic Development has a website called Fast Lane, which keeps tabs on film projects shot in the state. The site lists an estimated production budget for Gambit, to the tune of $154,975,309. A total of $111,834,168 has been earmarked to be invested in the state, with the total Louisiana payroll listed as $28,098,668.

As previously reported, production is listed as beginning this October – specifically on October 13, 2015. Pre-production supposedly began on June 29, 2015, and overall production is expected to wrap on February 12, 2016. This leaves about eight months for the film’s post-production period before opening in October of 2016. There are a total of 431 Louisiana production jobs listed.

That's right about the middle of what Fox has historically invested in superhero movies.

I'm not buying it until there's something official. This isn't official lol

It’s worth noting that the report regarding Tatum’s potential departure from the film cites an unidentified “individual with knowledge of the situation,” so it should be taken with a grain a salt until something more official is known.