• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Ashcan Scan

143 posts in this topic

A dark blue on the original 'Tec #35 would have been a moire pattern of black printed over blue.

confused.gif Don;t get this. Can you elaborate? I would have thought the dot angle of any plate combo would not result in a moire.

Dice! Oh Dice! Can you help?

Check out this sweet 9.8 ashcan I just picked up! This proves beyond a doubt that ravens is a fake.

696487-Bats1.jpg

No ads on the back cover of this gem!

sign-funnypost.gif

My good man,

My name is Sir Hump A. Dink and I am currently collecting every Ashcan ever printed. As I can see from your post, you are a man of taste & have aquired the truely finest example of an "Ashcan Robin Corner-Shock" ever assembled. You really must PM me at once, post haste, as I desire to purchase this copy off your peasant soul. I will give you many shinny objects in return,......well, what are you waiting for? I told you to PM post haste! Chop, chop, my good man & be quick about it !!!!

Sincerely,

Sir Hump A. Dink, esquire

A dark blue on the original 'Tec #35 would have been a moire pattern of black printed over blue.

confused.gif Don;t get this. Can you elaborate? I would have thought the dot angle of any plate combo would not result in a moire.

What I'm saying is that with a four color printing process (simplified- red ink, yellow ink, blue ink, black ink on white paper) "dark blue" is blue ink with a patterned black ink printed over it. The geometric pattern is referred to as a "moire". So, a slightly dark blue would be blue ink with a "light" moire of black ink printed over. A very dark blue would be blue ink with a denser moire of black ink printed over. Examples:

Blue Ink:

blue.jpg

Blue with a little black printed over it:

medblue.jpg

Blue with more black printed over it:

darkblue.jpg

The blue ink is the same. How "dark" it is is dependent on the amount of black printed over it. Make sense?

Come on guys.....didn't you learn anything when I posted my "Double Action 3"? At least I fessed up immediately to just having a bit of fun.

That Batman ashcan is total baloney. You need a good backstory to sell the thing Raven. You didn't think it out that far, obviously. It's the true BS artists that play the "indignant card". 27_laughing.gif

doubact3.jpg

What I'm saying is that with a four color printing process (simplified- red ink, yellow ink, blue ink, black ink on white paper) "dark blue" is blue ink with a patterned black ink printed over it. The geometric pattern is referred to as a "moire". So, a slightly dark blue would be blue ink with a "light" moire of black ink printed over. A very dark blue would be blue ink with a denser moire of black ink printed over. Examples:

Blue Ink:

blue.jpg

Blue with a little black printed over it:

medblue.jpg

Blue with more black printed over it:

darkblue.jpg

The blue ink is the same. How "dark" it is is dependent on the amount of black printed over it. Make sense?

Man, this board rules. Where else can you get this kind of info on comics? We've got a pretty well-informed population here. ravencomics excepted.

Check out this sweet 9.8 ashcan I just picked up! This proves beyond a doubt that ravens is a fake.

696487-Bats1.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

My good man,

My name is Sir Hump A. Dink and I am currently collecting every Ashcan ever printed. As I can see from your post, you are a man of taste & have aquired the truely finest example of an "Ashcan Robin Corner-Shock" ever assembled. You really must PM me at once, post haste, as I desire to purchase this copy off your peasant soul. I will give you many shinny objects in return,......well, what are you waiting for? I told you to PM post haste! Chop, chop, my good man & be quick about it !!!!

Sincerely,

Sir, you are unfortunately too late. Christine Ferrell has already purchased the item. She'll be selling it to David Alexander who will ask $10,000 for it. When you call him to talk about it, he will then offer the book to Metropolis, and you may then cry to them about it.

Good Day,

Buttock Q Leftcheek, III, FRS

696487-Bats1.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

My good man,

Sincerely,

Sir, you are unfortunately too late. Christine Ferrell has already purchased the item. She'll be selling it to David Alexander who will ask $10,000 for it. When you call him to talk about it, he will then offer the book to Metropolis, and you may then cry to them about it.

Good Day,

Buttock Q Leftcheek, III, FRS

Sir, This will not do! I insist that you have the book returned forthwith, as I wish to posses said book. I expect your answer post-hast!!! Oh, Agony, agony!!

Good day to you, may good man,

I took the pic and blew it up. I don't know ravencomics , I just figured I'd post a decent sized pic of what he's talking about.

698306batmanashcanfront19ef.jpg
Bye the way, somebody please correct me if I"m mistaken. Weren't ashcan books made for copyright purposes? Why would DC make an ashcan for Batman comics if he's allready a character in Detective Comics? I mean, surely no other company would try to put out a comic called Batman Comics based on a character allready existing. I don't know. Somebody tell me if you would like.

Bye the way, somebody please correct me if I"m mistaken. Weren't ashcan books made for copyright purposes? Why would DC make an ashcan for Batman comics if he's allready a character in Detective Comics? I mean, surely no other company would try to put out a comic called Batman Comics based on a character allready existing. I don't know. Somebody tell me if you would like.

Ashcans were used to secure the rights to the title of the book.For example: Both Fawcett & DC Comics applied for the rghts to "Flash Comics", but DC got the rights first.

As for the "Bat-Man" ashcan, it is as bogus as your "Detective Comics" # 1 varient makepoint.gif