• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

When I need a comic lot I always go to MCS and add items to my cart the shipping discount is automatic-easy

What shipping discount?

We generally provide $4.95 flat rate shipping in the US. Sounds like kav is talking about ordering from us on eBay, but the same $4.95 flat rate shipping is also available on our web site.

Got it.

When I bought from MCS on ebay order came in 3 days. Direct from store it's been 6 days now no order-is that the slower method or just a glitch?

When I bought from MCS on ebay order came in 3 days. Direct from store it's been 6 days now no order-is that the slower method or just a glitch?

I'd say just a glitch. I've bought from MCS on eBay and direct and the shipping has always extremely fast from both methods, 2-3 days and at my door yet I'm also based in Texas.

When I've ordered in the past and chosen the cheapo shipping it takes a while. It takes 2-3 days to get a "checked-in" e-mail then another 1-2 days to get a "shipped" e-mail. And nothing happens at all on the weekends so, if there's any overlap you can add a couple more days. Plus, they use UPS Innovations which adds an extra day to the timeline in my experience.

Personally, I'm waiting on a credit for a book I returned that was terribly incorrectly graded. First time I've had to do that in twelve previous orders. We'll see how it goes.

...they just might leave you satisfied.

I bought a comic, didn't pay attention to the notes, Conan helped me return it for exchange value on another comic I wanted, and once again, I've had another good transaction with MCS.

If you have a problem, don't gripe online, at least not until you've given them a call and messaged them here. MCS is one of the quality dealers out there. Cheers!

Bought from them several times and though in a lot of cases, I feel they can be over-priced, there service has always been first rate.

I'm willing to pay more if I know any problem will be resolved fairly.

Bought from them several times and though in a lot of cases, I feel they can be over-priced, there service has always been first rate.

I'm willing to pay more if I know any problem will be resolved fairly.

Definitely concur they can be a bit zealous with their prices (not talking about consigned books) but I will say, I've always been very pleased by their shipping speed and than the packing job raw or slabbed.

This policy to block buyers is ridiculous and the very reason I won't do business with MCS.

I know you aren't losing sleep over that fact but I can't be alone in my thinking.

I've never heard of a service company treat customers like that. doh!

Um, what? Have you seen the eBay blocked buyer list maintained on these boards? With eBay rules, sellers have to block potential bad customers or they risk being almost arbitrarily being put out of business. Its nuts but it is a fact of eBay.

Now, with MCS's business web site I would hope they would handle it a little differently as there is no "Big Brother" looking over their shoulder. If he had sent a nasty email to customer service about an order being late, an order placed form their MCS website, then I would hope they would just write it off to holiday frustration and wait and see if it escalated after the 30th.

This policy to block buyers is ridiculous and the very reason I won't do business with MCS.

I don't have a problem dealing with a company who will block customers based on limiting the amount of abuse their customer service people are required to tolerate. (shrug)

The policy would never affect me & I don't really have much sympathy, nor do I relate, to those it does affect.

I don't think you guys understand. We all have the right to block someone from doing business with us. However, blocking somoene should be a last resort. All other avenues should be made to make the customer happy. If someone sends me a nasty gram on ebay but they want to still buy from me...why would I block them? I'd try to fulfil their request and do my best. IF after all my efforts have failed, then I would decide not to do business with that person and would "block" them.

In this case, the guy sent one email that was strong in tone and they block him? How about fulfilling the customers order by standing behind your service and address it with the customer???

Who knows, you could make it right and have a customer for life.

It seems MCS must have an over abundance of business if they can just throw away clients who happen to have a bad word to say (once).

If I did that to my clients, i'd be out of business. it's about customer service...but that idea has gone out the window for most businesses in the USA today.

As I said, I won't buy squat from MCS and I spend money. So keep on blocking those people. I'm sure it's a great and sound business model. :screwy:

I'll block anyone from buying from me on eBay, who I think will present a problem.

The customer is not always right...and if a customer seems like he could be trouble, I will not sell to said customer.

If you can't do something as simple and ordinary as be polite to a complete stranger who you are entering a business transaction with, who knows what you're capable of?

Will you buy a book from me, say you are unhappy with the book... and in place of the book, send back a box of grass clippings?

Or the 2016 NAMBLA Pin Up Calander?

I would much rather keep my book, and sell it to *anyone else* than receive either of those 2 items.

Dealing with mail fraud is not worth any sale.

This has nothing to do with customer service and everything to do with self preservation.

A company the size of MCS is no different than anyone on this board, who sells comics as a part time hobby/business.

If a person presents a potential threat to a business , said business has every right to avoid that person.As they should.

I know you aren't losing sleep over that fact but I can't be alone in my thinking.

I've never heard of a service company treat customers like that. doh!

Um, what? Have you seen the eBay blocked buyer list maintained on these boards? With eBay rules, sellers have to block potential bad customers or they risk being almost arbitrarily being put out of business. Its nuts but it is a fact of eBay.

Now, with MCS's business web site I would hope they would handle it a little differently as there is no "Big Brother" looking over their shoulder. If he had sent a nasty email to customer service about an order being late, an order placed form their MCS website, then I would hope they would just write it off to holiday frustration and wait and see if it escalated after the 30th.

I don't have a problem dealing with a company who will block customers based on limiting the amount of abuse their customer service people are required to tolerate. (shrug)

The policy would never affect me & I don't really have much sympathy, nor do I relate, to those it does affect.

I don't think you guys understand. We all have the right to block someone from doing business with us. However, blocking somoene should be a last resort. All other avenues should be made to make the customer happy. If someone sends me a nasty gram on ebay but they want to still buy from me...why would I block them? I'd try to fulfil their request and do my best. IF after all my efforts have failed, then I would decide not to do business with that person and would "block" them.

In this case, the guy sent one email that was strong in tone and they block him? How about fulfilling the customers order by standing behind your service and address it with the customer???

Who knows, you could make it right and have a customer for life.

It seems MCS must have an over abundance of business if they can just throw away clients who happen to have a bad word to say (once).

If I did that to my clients, i'd be out of business. it's about customer service...but that idea has gone out the window for most businesses in the USA today.

As I said, I won't buy squat from MCS and I spend money. So keep on blocking those people. I'm sure it's a great and sound business model. :screwy:

I'll block anyone from buying from me on eBay, who I think will present a problem.

The customer is not always right...and if a customer seems like he could be trouble, I will not sell to said customer.

If you can't do something as simple and ordinary as be polite to a complete stranger who you are entering a business transaction with, who knows what you're capable of?

Will you buy a book from me, say you are unhappy with the book... and in place of the book, send back a box of grass clippings?

Or the 2016 NAMBLA Pin Up Calander?

I would much rather keep my book, and sell it to *anyone else* than receive either of those 2 items.

Dealing with mail fraud is not worth any sale.

This has nothing to do with customer service and everything to do with self preservation.

A company the size of MCS is no different than anyone on this board, who sells comics as a part time hobby/business.

If a person presents a potential threat to a business , said business has every right to avoid that person.As they should.

:gossip: Just my opinion, but, if you're going for boardie of the year, unnecessary references to a pedophilia advocacy group may not be the way to go. (thumbs u

MCS in my opinion the best place to buy comic books online

I have bought a ton from these guys lately. They ship fast, pack great and have a great selection.

Always happy with my orders and grading. Great website, scans, checkout, service, selection. Customer satisfaction is an excellent business model!

Their website is also a great comic book resource.

MCS is great to buy raws from, because they often give grades far lower than the actual grade.

i.e. a 9.0 might be sold as a 7.0-7.5

However, this does not work well if you're selling the raws (unless you're trying just to get rid of a stack common books)

I just bought two books (CGC) on Mycomicshop.com and paid with my credit card the moment the purchase went through.

I realized that I had the money in my US account here in Canada and asked if I could send them a money order because there's a 20 percent conversion fee. NOT A BIG DEAL OF COURSE. Hence, they did not want to help me at all. It now cost me $150 extra dollars for nothing. Their Customer Service was unwilling to help in any way...I would fire that woman if she worked for me !!! They lost a big customer!!!

I will never buy from them again and they could forget about my Silver and Bronze age collection going up for sale on their site. I will turn to Ebay and Comiclink from now on!

I wonder if the owners have a clue about how their customers really get treated !!!

The_investor

WuQaTQ.jpg

...they just might leave you satisfied.

Yes!! Never experienced such friendly, prompt and accommodating service from a proper store. Especially in the world of comics.

Highly recommend MCS.