• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Hugo Weaving is still contracted for at least one more MCU film, if he is used I would not expect to see him until the next phase of movies/characters, something along the lines of a post Chris Evans Cap solo picture.

Weaving hated playing the Red Skull and criticized working with Marvel, so I don't know if he'll ever return to the role.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Red Skull is one of my least favorite villain in the MCU.  He's just Hitler on steroids.  Not a very interesting character.  Now if they brought back Obadiah Stane wearing a bathrobe the movie would make 200 billion dollars:idea:

They need to bring back Justin Hammer, the greatest character to emerge from the Marvel cinematic universe.

3 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Red Skull is one of my least favorite villain in the MCU.  He's just Hitler on steroids.  Not a very interesting character.  Now if they brought back Obadiah Stane wearing a bathrobe the movie would make 200 billion dollars:idea:

He was great in the original Old Man Logan story arc. 

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

Weaving hated playing the Red Skull and criticized working with Marvel, so I don't know if he'll ever return to the role.

Earlier in this thread, I had posted an article where he had second thoughts about his previous feelings.

Hugo Weaving Talks Playing Red Skull & Possible Avengers: Infinity War Return

hugo-weaving-red-skull-avengers-infinity

In a recent interview with Yahoo, Weaving was finally sounding a bit more positive about the experience of playing Red Skull, and working with Marvel:

"I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a ! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageous of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull."

Speaking of the latter: Yahoo raised the question of Red Skull's possible role in the cosmic event that will be Avengers: Infinity War, since the Cosmic Cube is one of the components of The Infinity Gauntlet, aka god-like power that is wielded by Thanos. While still not jumping for joy over the thought of another MCU performance, Weaving was also careful not to rule it out completely:

"With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull."

DXUtKdcWAAA2wZL.jpg

DXUwuBeWsAENizZ.jpg:large

We have another couple of very cool promo posters for you guys to take a look at.

The first one celebrates the bad guys, and features Thanos and his Black Order: Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw. We also get another glimpse of that four-armed Outrider that was recently revealed on some marketing art.

The Mad Titan also looms large on the second poster, but this time he's joined by some of the heroes that'll be attempting to take him down in the film.

On 03/03/2018 at 5:53 PM, bane said:

“Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw.”

Those are some forgettable names.

By forgettable you mean stupid. One of them should be called Kevin.