• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

Good article that reviews the events of the Infinity War comics.

Without a word, Thanos steps to the edge of the universe.  He raises his left hand towards the sky.  Mephisto can only watch. "He's really going to do it." 

screen-shot-2018-03-16-at-82734-pm-10940

Thanos' gloved hand snaps. A white flash. In New York, Spider-Man swings overhead when he experiences what feels like a wave of vertigo. He stops above Times Square and looks down — only to see a tightly-packed crowd become decimated and halved with the blink of an eye. At Avengers Headquarters, Captain America can only stand by helplessly and watch as Avengers Hawkeye and Sersi disappear. 

Blink. Gone. 

The phenomenon happens across the world, and is indiscriminate in its choosings: babies disappear, people across the world go poof with a blink, even half of all animal life on the planet has mysteriously vanished.

Great trailer.  No complaints.   Thanos looks great with the armor.  I kind of like the voice.   Calm, cool, confident.

The Cap/Thanos scene was awesome.   Love Spidey.   

Ouch!

'Avengers: Infinity War's Jeremy Renner Has Epic Response To Hawkeye Being Called Boring

We're two trailers, a couple of television spots, and dozens of pieces of marketing collateral into the promotion of Avengers: Infinity War and the mystery remains. Where in the world in Clint Barton?

At this point, it's almost a meme in itself. Fans have begun altering posters to include Barton — more commonly known as the archer Hawkeye. Every time a new poster or piece of concept art drops, fans flood social media platforms across the internet asking one simple question: where's Hawkeye? In today's case, a couple of Twitter users were having a conversation when actor Jeremy Renner — the man behind Hawkeye himself — decided to chime in.

Besides some speculation that Barton would be picking up the Ronin mantle, a name he sported for some time in the comics, little — if anything — has been revealed about Hawkeye's role in Infinity War or it's yet-to-be-named sequel Avengers 4.

42 minutes ago, kagenish said:

the trailer is good can't wait to see it got my tickets for release day.

I don't think Thanos gets all of the Stones in this film but that could lead to the final Phase 3 Avengers movie. 

Where the X-Men come in to save the day........... :wishluck:

Guarantee you guys he has the little black line from his lip to his chin like in Annihilation and afterward.  Not that I'd mind too much, as the lightning bolt on the chest & the big gold world championship belt weren't the best look either! :grin: 

9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

So Antman 2 is released after this movie but I assume the events of that movie take place before this movie?

If they kill off Antman in Infinity War does that mean the sequel is cancelled? :wishluck:

Joe Russo Discusses The Complexities Of Thanos And The Narrative of AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Infinity War has previously been described as a hesit film with Thanos on a mission to collect the six infinity stones. However, you need more than an infatuation with the infinity stones to make Thanos a compelling villain. When asked about what people will find surprising in the film, Joe touched on their approach  to Thanos as well as the villains of their previous Marvel films : 

"We love villains with depth and it was really, you know, in 'Winter Soldier' what motivated us to work on that film is the fact that Captain America was unwittingly going up against his best friend. As a villain it’s an incredibly rich backstory and potential for real drama there, so we love complicated villains.  'Civil War', Zemo is a victim, he was victimized by the Avengers. His family was killed and he blames them for it, so we always try to find the human side of a villain because in every villain's story, they're the hero in their own story. Their point of view is that they're right. And I find that when I watch films where the villain is more complex I find that it makes the heroes more complex and ultimately in the story more interesting. I think people will find [Thanos] at turns horrifying and at turns empathetic."

That last part is most exciting as it indicates that Thanos will at times terrify the audience while at other times win their sympathy. This description may remind some of our last Marvel villain, Killmonger of Black Panther. Joe was actually asked if his description of Thanos was reminiscent of Killmonger and he said certainly. It is clear that the Russos have made sure that Thanos is a multilayered villain with a lot of depth and complexities.  Additionally, when asked who the film belonged to and whether it had a hero telling the narrative, Joe had the following to say:

"Its point of view is Thanos' point of view, so it's a villain driving the narrative. But there are, that being said, it is at times multi-perspective and there are very important roles for a couple of the heroes. I think you could argue, too, that a lot of the film is told from the point of view of Gamora, and I think she has a really fascinating arc in the movie."

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR's Runtime Has Been Officially Confirmed And It's Gonna Be A Long Movie

According to Fandango, it will run for a whopping 156 minutes making it the longest Marvel Cinematic Universe release to date.

That honor was previously held by 2016's Captain America: Civil War. That ran for 147 minutes and was also directed by Joe and Anthony Russo. However, the stakes are even higher in Avengers: Infinity War, so that additional 9 minutes should come in very handy here.

23 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Can you imagine how cool Warlock will look when he finally shows up onscreen...? 

Warlock_Vol_1_15.jpg.a4248e14fbdc1ea1e76b20ba69e0a9fd.jpg

Looking forward to Warlock and his soul gem as a teaser to Infinity War part 2 especially now that the Avengers: 'Infinity War' release date was changed to <3 1 week sooner: Fri. Apr 27, 2018.