• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

After reading that mishmash of rumors, hopes, and creative interpretations, it would still make no sense to bring Warlock into the IW movie. They'd be trading all the work they've done to build Thanos, plus Vision, and what, replace all that with some convoluted Warlock story that sounds a bit silly to actually say out loud? Maybe it's because I'm not a Warlock fan, but I just can't see them bringing Warlock in at this point. I think that the cocoon in GOTG means as much as the Howard the Duck cameo did.

Right, because Warlock has no connection to a cocoon at all. I'm sure it was just a giant alien butterfly the collector was collecting.

After reading that mishmash of rumors, hopes, and creative interpretations, it would still make no sense to bring Warlock into the IW movie. They'd be trading all the work they've done to build Thanos, plus Vision, and what, replace all that with some convoluted Warlock story that sounds a bit silly to actually say out loud? Maybe it's because I'm not a Warlock fan, but I just can't see them bringing Warlock in at this point. I think that the cocoon in GOTG means as much as the Howard the Duck cameo did.

Right, because Warlock has no connection to a cocoon at all. I'm sure it was just a giant alien butterfly the collector was collecting.

According to James Gunn, that was simply an Easter Egg. There's every chance that he's meant to become more of a player, but they could just as easily leave the situation be and only a few diehards would notice.

I have faith in the filmakers, Warlock or Not. I can see Vision stepping into that role. In the comics, it turns out Warlock was the light to Thanos darkness/death. Thats alot of setting up to go through with that, especially if we go into the soul gem. I just don't want the MCU to become a parade of characters and the main storyline gets lost. Thats why I don't mind a scaled down Civil War.

Josh Brolin Teases Some "Very Exciting" Plans For 'Thanos' In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Talking to Superhero Hype recently, Josh Brolin had this to say about just how much work will be going into him playing The Mad Titan in the coming years. "It’s not voice work, it’s mo-cap. I’m there. I’m there and I’m not in a booth. I’m being filmed. I have a bunch of on my face. [laughs] I’m being filmed by like thirty-four cameras? Thirty-six cameras? Something like that. Every movement, everything. So, it’s very new to me, it’s very exciting, it’s very unnerving. But I sure trust these guys! You know?" That's very good to hear and should ensure that, as with Ultron, we really get to explore the dynamic between Thanos and Earth's Mightiest Heroes in a very personal way. After all, it wouldn't be the same if he just came in and recorded his lines after the fact!

As for what's next for the villain, Brolin wouldn't share any specifics, but did tease big things being on the horizon. "We’re supposed to get together very soon to talk about the trajectory of Thanos in the next few years and it’s very exciting. It’s one of the better decisions I think I’ve made."

:whee::ohnoez:

Josh Brolin Teases Some "Very Exciting" Plans For 'Thanos' In AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Talking to Superhero Hype recently, Josh Brolin had this to say about just how much work will be going into him playing The Mad Titan in the coming years. "It’s not voice work, it’s mo-cap. I’m there. I’m there and I’m not in a booth. I’m being filmed. I have a bunch of on my face. [laughs] I’m being filmed by like thirty-four cameras? Thirty-six cameras? Something like that. Every movement, everything. So, it’s very new to me, it’s very exciting, it’s very unnerving. But I sure trust these guys! You know?" That's very good to hear and should ensure that, as with Ultron, we really get to explore the dynamic between Thanos and Earth's Mightiest Heroes in a very personal way. After all, it wouldn't be the same if he just came in and recorded his lines after the fact!

As for what's next for the villain, Brolin wouldn't share any specifics, but did tease big things being on the horizon. "We’re supposed to get together very soon to talk about the trajectory of Thanos in the next few years and it’s very exciting. It’s one of the better decisions I think I’ve made."

I totally agree with the bolded part.

Considering he has been average in most of the other roles he has had in his career, being cast as Thanos was winning a billion dollar Powerball for him.........

Edited by kimik

I totally agree with the bolded part.

Considering he has been average in most of the other roles he has had in his career, being cast as Thanos was winning a billion dollar Powerball for him.........

Average? Josh Brolin rocks!

Marvel Announces Hashtag Contest for Walk On Role in Avengers: Infinity War

Using a hashtag could win you a spot in the upcoming Avengers movie. Earlier this evening, Marvel revealed a new set of Twitter emojis that appear whenever users use certain hashtag phrases related to the upcoming Captain America: Civil War movie. Marvel also announced that users that use the hashtags can also be entered in a drawing for a chance to appear in Avengers: Infinity War in a non-speaking walk on role.

In order to enter the contest, users need to compile their own "Civil War team" using the Avengers emoji hashtags and include either "#TeamCapSweepstakes" or "TeamIronManSweepstakes" in the tweet. Marvel is limiting entries to one per person/Twitter account and warns that trying to game the system by using multiple accounts could result in disqualification.

Infinity War Part 1 Will Feature Even More Characters

The Russo brothers made a recent appearance at Wizard World Cleveland Comic Con, where they apparently opened up to correct a previously miscounted number of cast members that will take arms in Infinity War. According to Cleveland.com the following was clarified:

"The Russos also took a moment during the panel to correct a mistake they made earlier this year when describing the plot to the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, which they are on board to direct. The movie features 68 distinct characters, not 67."

We previously reported that 67 players were being maneuvered in Infinity War, it now appears that the numbers are not quite set in stone.

While the addition of one more character doesn’t seem especially mind-blowing, the concept that there is still fluidity in the casting process is an exciting one. There have been so many heroes introduced in the various forms of media which the MCU covers, that everyone has a favorite character they want to see pop up in Infinity War.

That's a lot of actors.

I wonder if all these actors are locked into contracted shooting dates. 68 actors all available throughout one shooting period has to be some kinda record. That has to be almost everyone who has participated in a Marvel project including GotG, the Netflix shows, and Agents of SHIELD.

It's gonna be one of the craziest things we've ever seen. It's like a film realization of a Perez mega group poster or like watching Justice League Unlimited where they have dozens of characters in the background you'd never thought you'd ever see at one time, much less together.

Also, really feel comfortable with these directors.

Infinity War Part 1 Will Feature Even More Characters

The Russo brothers made a recent appearance at Wizard World Cleveland Comic Con, where they apparently opened up to correct a previously miscounted number of cast members that will take arms in Infinity War. According to Cleveland.com the following was clarified:

"The Russos also took a moment during the panel to correct a mistake they made earlier this year when describing the plot to the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, which they are on board to direct. The movie features 68 distinct characters, not 67."

We previously reported that 67 players were being maneuvered in Infinity War, it now appears that the numbers are not quite set in stone.

While the addition of one more character doesn’t seem especially mind-blowing, the concept that there is still fluidity in the casting process is an exciting one. There have been so many heroes introduced in the various forms of media which the MCU covers, that everyone has a favorite character they want to see pop up in Infinity War.

That's a lot of actors.

The writer makes the point that AoS features mostly government agents - that's not true anymore! Any of the Inhumans would be perfect to join the fray.

'AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR' Is Going To Introduce Us To Thanos

The early reactions to come out for CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR have been nothing but positive, and two people who deserve part of that praise are Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the two writers who worked with Joe and Anthony Russo on creating the film. But their long road doesn't end there, as they're also set to join the dynamic directing duo on the two part epic AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, the culmination of 3 Phases in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Christopher Markus: "We don’t get an element of surprise. Everyone knows he’s coming, and yet he hasn’t had terribly many scenes that have illuminated very much about him. You can count on a lot of scenes where we illuminate a lot about him very early."

Stephen McFeely: "We still have to take it on a character-by-character basis. The challenge is hanging on to character as motivation when you blow the canvas up to the entire universe. And not to make it seem like all your people look like tiny little video game characters running around."

Christopher Markus: "It’s just trying to balance character moments in the middle of big, crazy Jim Starlin action."

More on Thanos and character counts...

Marvel’s Phase Three officially kicks off in a few weeks with Captain America: Civil War, but Marvel Studios already has their eyes on the finale with Avengers: Infinity War. The creative team of Civil War will be assembling the culminating event with directors Anthony and Joe Russo behind the camera, and a -script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. The film will finally bring the MCU full circle, using The Avengers post-credit scene star Thanos (played by Josh Borlin) as the prime antagonist.

“[Thanos]. It’s easy,” McFeely tells Huffington Post. “Really giving him good scenes. You know, he’s never been the villain in any of the movies. He’s never been the main character in that way, so giving lots of good screen time to Thanos is paramount and pretty fun….He hasn’t had an amazing scene. I think it’s an advantage ultimately, right? Because people are anticipating this guy coming in and really delivering the goods. So, I think they’re eager, and we just have to deliver it. We don’t have to convince them that he’s gonna be interesting. We just have to execute what has been teased.”

Previous reports on the film revealed the potential for as many as 67 characters, and Markus and McFeely reveal there is a possibility for even more, but not all of them will be in lead roles.

“That number comes from the fact that that’s everyone who’s already been introduced,” says Markus. “If you line up all the characters who are available to use from the prior Marvel movies, it racks up to about 60 something characters, let alone the new ones you could bring in.”

“We had our office filled with cards of everybody who was alive and available, and the brothers came in and went, ‘Whoa,'” McFeel says. “There’s not going to be 67 lead parts.”

Who do you think will be the lead characters of the film? Sound off in the comments below!

Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 is slated for release in theaters on May 4, 2018; Part 2 will open on May 3, 2019.

So if we were to list all the characters we think could be in this:

Iron Man

Hulk

Captain America

Thor

Black Widow

Hawkeye

War Machine

Pepper Potts

Happy Hogan

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter

Falcon

Winter Soldier

Vision

Scarlett Witch

Nick Fury

Maria Hill

Loki

Red Skull

Odin

Heimdal

Sif

Warriors Three

Spider-Man

Black Panther

Ant-Man

Doctor Strange

Captain Marvel

Starlord

Gamorra

Drax

Rocket Raccoon

Groot

Mantis

Thanos

Agent (Director) Coulson

Quake (Daisy "Skye" Johnson)

Agent May

Agent Fitz

Agent Simmons

Agent Mack

Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

Lance Hunter

Cloak

Dagger

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Punisher

Elektra

That's 53 right there...and I know some have supposedly died but more than likely will be or are still alive.

Plus there are a bunch of characters not named yet...which includes Adam Warlock who I'm pretty confident will be introduced in the next GotG.